44

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura.

            A swell of emotions swept through the mermaid’s body as her breath hitched in . She took in short breaths but her body remained tense as she looked at the man stand up from the grass and make his way towards her. Taura blinked a few times as if wanting to bat away something in her eyes to clear her vision making sure what she saw was real. Making sure that the man coming towards her with a worried look was real.

            “K-Kyungsoo?” Her voice was nothing but a whisper but he could hear her call his name. Once his name left his lips, Taura’s hand flew to to suppress her gasp as she felt her eyes grow hot from a wave of fresh tears. Not having the courage to speak his name aloud, just saying it brought back a mix of emotions that made it hard for Taura to breathe.

            With one hand to the other lay across her chest trying to hold it together as her knees bent slightly. She looked about ready to collapse when a pair of arms held her up in a careful embrace, “Hey, what’s wrong? Taura?”

            Kyungsoo immediately eliminated the space between the two of them seeing the girl about to fall. He held her up with his hands as gently as possible while leaning down to get a better look at the girl’s face.

            Taura kept her eyes shut, refusing to look at him but she could feel him gently pull her into his arms and wrap them around her. She cried harder against the man’s chest clinging to his shirt, “You…”

           Taura kept her hand over as she shook her head frantically. No, it can’t be him. He’s dead. He died. I saw it. It can’t be. The mermaid chanted this over and over again in her mind as she felt Kyungsoo’s embrace tighten around her. She’d not been embraced like this in such a long time. His touch still having the same effect on the mermaid, she leaned in with her forehead resting just above his chest right where his collarbone was.

            “I know,” Kyungsoo muttered against Taura’s hair as he leaned down to kiss her, “I know, Taura.”

            He could feel her fingers wrap around his shirt and hugged her tighter, kissing her hair repeatedly. Taura shook in his arms when she finally pulled away, still in Kyungsoo’s warm embrace, to look at him.

            Kyungsoo looked right back at her with a tender expression that seemed to spark a distant emotion of love back into Taura’s dull eyes. She took in all of him, basking in the handsome features her memories couldn’t do justice to. His thick eyebrows framing a set of smoldering eyes that spoke every emotion Kyungsoo refused to say at the moment, his twitching lips that yearned to smile, and his tousled hair that fell over his forehead.

            Kyungsoo his lips before a quiet chuckle left his lips that set a puff of air against Taura’s cheek. He reached up to swipe under her eyes to wipe the tears from her face letting his hand cup the side of her face. Her face appeared smaller and angled then the last time he’d seen her. Even her body seemed to feel smaller in his arms. His eyebrows knitted together as he reasoned out her sudden loss of weight but forgot about it the moment he felt Taura’s fingers wrap around his hand and pull it away from her face to hold it in hers.

            Hoping to lighten the mood around the couple, Kyungsoo decided to not say anything more than w

Please log in to read the full chapter