Prologue

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

           Somewhere between the heavens and earth laid a city wedged between the clouds over a glass like body of water. Its white structures rose up high into the limitless sky while its streets were covered in an eerie fog. The roads were empty. The city was quiet.

            It was the home of the dead.

            Deceased sailors, fishermen, boaters, travelers…the souls of those that died at sea came to this very city. Their souls restless and unwilling to move on because of their unfinished business left back on earth. They were trapped.

            Among those trapped, was the kingdom’s ruler; Habaek, the water god.  Cursed to watch over the restless souls, Habaek was a troubled young man. His love for a human brought about the wrath of the gods who damned him for his ill choice in partnership. Then, the death of his lover followed suit when her village found out of her deceit, for she was to marry the son of the village’s mayor.

            The young god sat at the window of his palace overlooking the vast expanse of his kingdom. He sighed over the empty sight and stepped away from the window. Walking the corridors of the large castle with his hands behind his back, he found himself lost in deep thought. It was the anniversary of his lover’s death.

            The image of the young girl bathed in her own blood pierced Habaek’s mind like a thick needle. It pained him but numbed him to think of the fateful day. It haunted him through the centuries and never ceased to creep up on him when he least expected it. It used to bring Habaek to his knees but now it only caused him a short pause in thought before he resumed life as normal.

            Habaek’s pain, though, having little effect on him had a great effect on those on earth. Droughts plagued the citi

Please log in to read the full chapter