SERA Special

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

(A/N) Let's take a break from the story for a second and let me try to sway some of you TAUSOO shippers though I know that's highly unlikey :)) This little bit takes place somwhere between chapter 10 and 11 roughly haha                 

 

 

                 Kyung Jin’s kitchen never failed to have more than five people gathered around the counter fighting over the food that they snuck from the grandfather’s fridge. It had been a long day of lounging around and catching up. Chen, Baekhyun, Tao and Kris sat eating with Taura while the rest of the group was sprawled throughout the house.

                One man in particular stood out to Taura though. He just entered the kitchen silently, picked a few pieces of bread of the table and moved to the side near the fridge.

                Sehun leaned against the counter watching as his friends bantered and complained about how they weren’t sharing with each other. The siren never said a word to them but he smiled when he saw Chen and Baekhyun throw food at each other, he chuckled quietly with his head bent down when Tao stuffed food into Kris’s mouth when he didn’t stop talking.

                No matter what seemed to be happening around her, Taura’s gaze found itself locked to the man in the corner. His presence electrified the room that created a tension that wouldn’t normally be there. It worked as a magnet, keeping her eyes on him even if he just stood there with his arms crossed and eyes closed. 

               “Taura, eat more,” Tao pushed a plate of fruit in the girl’s direction catching the mermaid off guard.

              “Yeah, you haven’t eaten anything. Eat.” Chen urged picking up a strawberry with his fork to wave it in the mermaid’s face. “Open up.”

                Taura refused, gently placing Chen’s hand down on the counter, “I don’t want it.”

               “Yeah you do, come on. Ah,” Chen pouted cutely at Taura lifting up the strawberry.

               Unable to deny Chen's cute expression, Taura sighed parting her lips so Chen could feed her. Covering as she chewed, Taura shyly avoided the men’s gazes feeling a few bore down onto her while she ate. Peeking up under her eyelashes, the mermaid’s glanced over where Sehun stood and saw it was him that was looking at her.

                Playful curiosity washed over his indifferent expression causing a slight smile to form on the corner of his lips. Taura bit her lip, hiding her gaze behind her hair as she quickly finished the strawberry and swallowed. His gaze made her so aware of every little action that she looked over to check if he was still looking.

                He wasn’t. Instead, Sehun’s attention gravitated to the fridge picking out a bottle of soju. Taura pouted turning her attention to the boys surrounding. She gave them half hearted smiles whenever they looked at her but even their antics couldn’t hold her attention that so wanted to be on someone else. Someone who never seemed to reveal any kind of emotion other than indifference, someone who didn’t seem to care yet always knew what to say or do, someone Taura always caught smiling when he thought that no one was looking.

                “I’m going outside for a bit.” Sehun’s voice didn’t catch anyone’s attention except for the person it seemed directed to. Taura’s eyes subtly followed Sehun out the kitchen until she couldn’t see him anymore.

                The tension that only seemed to affect Taura was lifted and for once she felt like she could breathe freely and not feel so self-conscious but at the same time her mind seemed restricted to only think about the person that just left the room.

                Whatever power that that man seemed to have over her led Taura to stand up from her chair and head for the door, “I’m heading out.”

                Sehun sat on the swing staring at the bottle in his hands, only taking a few sips here and there. Placing the bottle to his lips he took another sip when something caught his attention at the corner of his eyes.

                “You going to stand there all day?” He didn’t turn to look at the girl as she closed the screen door and stepped out onto the porch.

                “If you want me to,” Taura sat herself down besid

Please log in to read the full chapter