28

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Kyungsoo shot up from the ground with a start. His body tightening, he grasped the side of his chest and felt a slight jolt. Similar to how a heart would stop for a second after finding out a horrible piece of news or even heartbreak. The funny thing was, there was nothing in that spot inside of his chest. So the cause of the sudden shock was unknown to Kyungsoo as he looked around for any outside force that might have caused it.

            He was in his usual spot. Up on a high cliff above the rest of the city all alone where the grass always seemed to be green and the sound of the roaring waterfalls drowned out all of Kyungsoo’s thoughts until now. It was his sanctuary, his place for peace. 

            “That’s so weird.” He muttered to himself as he continued to rub his chest wondering if the sensation would happen again. Waiting awhile, Kyungsoo stayed absolutely still making sure he evened out his breathing. Nothing happened for a few minutes. Though the continued wait had him on edge, the jolt in his chest seemed out of the ordinary. It made him, even from a brief moment, feel alive again. Whether or not it was good or bad, Kyungsoo couldn't help but smile. The sensation of his lips turning upward and showing teeth seemed foreign to him. He hadn't really smiled in a long time but didn't know for sure if this was something to be smiling about. 

            Slowly lying back down, Kyungsoo placed both his hands over the left part of his chest and stared up at the cloudless sky that seemed to be getting darker.

            *~*~*~*

            Talya accompanied Kris, Kai, and Lay in the Captain’s quarters as they discussed how they were to handle the journey from Balma to Genevie and then to their next destination. She watched them from the side not wanting to say anything if it was not needed.

            “The waters should be clear.” Kris pointed out the path they’d be taking but looked to Talya for assurance. Slowly uncrossing her arms, she stepped up to the map and surveyed the itinerary.

            “There are sporadic storms along this route. They’re not something you guys want to be getting yourselves caught in.”

            “Is there an alternate route?” Lay asked.

            Talya pointed to the map drawing a new route with her finger. “It’d be longer but it’ll get you to Genevie maybe an hour or two then the original route. It’ll be safer.”

            “Then, we’ll take it.” Kris finalized the plan by drawing the route. He nodded at Talya and left with Lay right behind him.

            Kai waited a bit wanting to talk with Talya alone. According to King Seunghoon, Genevie was a place where Kris and the others had to be on their toes. He warned Kris and Kai that there had been recent disappearances and kidnappings of young girls and some women. Seunghoon could not reveal the reasons for the kidnappings or who was behind it, but only said to keep a protective watch for Taura’s safety. This warning not had Kai questioning if Taura should even accompany them on the trip.

            “Keep an eye out on the horizon. I’ll have her back on the first day you arrive at Genevie.” Talya was about to say her goodbye when Kai stopped her and pulled her to the side. He planned to tell her what Seunghoon had told them.

            “Your majesty, maybe it’d be best if you keep Taura with you or keep her here in Balma. The king warned us about what to exp

Please log in to read the full chapter