51

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

           “I love you, Kyungsoo.”

            Her confession left her weightless. A new kind of numbness spread throughout her body until the only thing left to feel was her beating heart and the tingling of her toes. Confessing what she’d been feeling for so long only made her want to cling to Kyungsoo. Her body yearned for him while her mind seemed consumed by every thought of him.

            She could feel his very existence inside of her arouse something close to insanity.

            Taura grew anxious at the man’s silence feeling his fingers lazily caress her arm. His light touches driving her mad with the desire to feel his fingers firmly hold her, feel her. She clung to him, her breathing grew heavier.

            But then it hit her. A thought she’d once had but never wanted to believe.

             Her heart beat sped up at the thought that he didn’t feel the same. The thought that all of the signs that Kyungsoo had put up when he was alive were leading her in the wrong direction, that he didn’t love her but saw her as a lost cause who needed help, that he only wanted to be nice.

             Taura raised her head from his chest seeing darkness in Kyungsoo’s eyes. She gulped reaching out to touch his cheek, “Did you hear me? I said I love you,” Taura shakily touched him but withdrew her fingers when his expression didn’t change, “Kyungsoo?”

            He didn’t love her. He doesn’t love me. She waited for him to move but he only dropped his hand from her arm and stared at her.

            “I guess I should go then.” Taura whispered moving away from the young man keeping her head down in shame and embarrassment of ever thinking that she could ever be loved by him.

            Kyungsoo didn’t waste a second. He latched onto Taura’s wrist turning her around so she sat facing him. The tension built between the two for only a few seconds before his composure broke. His fingers intertwined with her hair at the back of her head bringing her flush against his chest. Taura groaned as she was pulled over to him so she sat between his legs, feeling Kyungsoo massage the back of her neck. He leaned in to kiss jaw and neck, alternating between the two areas.

            Taura searched, eyes closed, for any part of Kyungsoo her lips could reach. Her hands reached up to hold the side of the man’s face, bringing him closer while Kyungsoo’s hand squeezed her waist.

            Taura found his cheek and kissed it repeatedly while Kyungsoo continued to knead her neck and waist urging her to continue. His subtle but needy touches brought Taura to the point she wrapped her arms around his neck while her lips found the soft skin of his neck.

            Kyungsoo shut his eyes while he stretched his neck for the girl as she hungrily nipped his skin. His grip on her waist tightened bringing up the fabric until he touched her bare thighs causing a guttural groan to resonate in his chest.

            Taura pulled back just to get a glimpse of Kyungsoo’s face to see what it was that caused him to make such a noise. She was breathing hard as she subtly brushed her body against his. She his hair away from his forehead staring at his closed eyes.

            He opened his eyes feeling her fingers graze his temple. He breathed out through his nose taking Taura’s hand away from his face. Taura froze, his gaze reminded Taura of how one looked when giving bad news. She squirmed under its intensity trying to free herself from Kyungsoo’s grasp. He only tightened his hold on her waist while another hand grasped the back of her neck.

            “Kyungsoo.”

            Her lips quivered while her chest heaved up and down.

             “I know what you’re going to say.” Taura’s voice broke as her will began to crumble. Everyone seemed to have something harsh to say and seeing the way the man s

Please log in to read the full chapter