056

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

Recap: Taura has regained consciousness and is now dealing with the aftermath.

 

            “Good morning your majesty!”

            “Good morning, princess Taura!”

            “It’s a beautiful morning, isn’t it your majesties?”

            Morning’s bright daylight streamed through the tall palace windows as Taura and Seungyeon made their way down the busy hallway. The two girls smiled at the maids and butlers as Seungyeon pushed Taura in her decorated wheelchair. Baby’s breath and pink carnations wove through the spokes of the two wheels while a purple blanket covered the girl’s white legs. It was a much welcomed offer from the nurse in the palace to Taura which made moving around easier for the mermaid.

            “I wonder why everyone is in such a good mood?” The air in the palace was light and joyous as if the thick dusty curtains keeping them in darkness were finally opened in this large kingdom. The sun’s rays danced upon the blue shores and city, highlighting the gray streets making it look like each stone sparkled while the people paraded around with new found smiles.

            “Beats me.” Seungyeon shrugged, giggling. Taura could hear the smile in her voice as if she was hiding some secret and turned to see fighting back a wide grin.

            Taura wanted to say something but decided to let the thought go when she saw Doria and Lay come down the hall in their direction. She smiled at them knowingly, seeing Doria nervously grip the end of her shirt as Lay laughed at something she must’ve said. The two were practically glowing as they looked at each other, each of their cheeks reaching a soft shade of pastel pink.

            “Taura!” The girl pranced her way to the mermaid princess, hands reaching out to grab hold of  the others hands, “Lay and the boys made breakfast.”

            “They did?”  Doria took over pushing Taura while Seungyeon walked beside them with Lay.

            “We did. Kai is actually quite the connoisseur around the kitchen. He made most of it. The rest of us just helped.” Lay took Taura’s hand, kissing the back of it with just a hint of a smirk at the corner it made Taura’s breath catch in the back of . He chuckled and took his place beside Doria, exchanging glances.

             “Okay, what’s going on?” Taura craned her head to look at all three of her friends but none of them met her eyes, “Guys?”

            “I think I smell breakfast calling us!” Doria pushed Taura forward at a speed the mermaid wasn’t ready for. She gently slammed into the back of the wheelchair as Doria pushed her towards the dining hall where the rest of their friends were waiting.

            “Not so fast, Doria!” Taura clung to the armrest as they burst through the double doors when her breath caught in when she saw the elaborate table decorations and spread of food laid out before her.

            “And we’re here!” Doria stopped the wheelchair at the head of the table in front of the silver platters stacked with fresh fruit, tiered plates lined with tiny cakes and cookies, bowls spilling with porridge and glasses filled with fresh milk and tea. Pink and white roses were the centerpiece of the table with petals scattered between the plates and silverware. Taura choked on the words that got caught in and could feel her heart race as she took in the beautiful sight.

            “What is all of this?” Taura rolled herself closer to the table and picked up the silverware feeling the cool smooth metal between her fingers.

            She jumped as the doors behind her opened up again with boisterous laughter filling up the large room along with hollers and good-natured name calling.

            “Taura!” Xiumin and Tao came around her chair and pecked either cheek before moving to their seats.

            “Your majesty!” Chen and Baekhyun harmonized as they playfully bowed before the girl before taking each of her hands, placing them to their lips to give them a friendly kiss.

            Suho placed both hands on her shoulder and kissed the top of her head while Kris and Luhan pinched her cheek, “Hey, sweetheart.”

            “Hi,” Taura placed her hand on top of Suho’s, “Thank you for this.”

            “Don’t thank us, thank prince charming.” Kris sat down, biting down into a crisp red apple as he reached out to grab more fruit to put on his empty plate.

            “Nuh-uh, wait for everyone to get here!” Doria slapped his large hand away from the cakes as she sat down beside him with Lay on the other side of her. Seungyeon sat on Taura’s left, pl

Please log in to read the full chapter