45

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            A gust of wind swept up the white curtains of Taura’s room waking the young man that sat beside the bed. He jumped up to shut the French doors that led out to the balcony and brushed aside the curtains to let daylight in.

            Sehun sighed as he let the soft fabric run through his hands before turning back to check on the unconscious princess. Rubbing under his eyes, the siren reached for the rustled sheets to bring them up over Taura’s shoulders before returning to his seat nestled in the corner. Propping his elbow on the armrest, Sehun leaned his head against his palm and shut his eyes once more as a yawn escaped his lips.

            It had been three days after the incident. Taura’s body found floating under the surface by two mermen, they quickly rushed her to Talya and Sehun who instructed she be taken to shore as she remained in her human form. Talya had informed Sehun of the small vile she told him to give to Taura months earlier telling him it could be the thing to save Taura. Upon reaching Genevie’s shores, Sehun rushed to Taura’s body to find that she wasn’t breathing. Searching Taura for the small vile, he found it on a thin chain around her neck. Hoping it was the right one, Sehun opened the small bottle, placing the opening to the girl’s lips.

             One could imagine the fear that swept the prince into a swirl of desperate emotions as he pressed his hands to the girl’s chest in hopes of restarting her still heart. He could hear his own voice crack in agony as he frantically pressed his lips to her cold ones. Tears falling down his wet cheek as he Taura’s colorless cheeks, Sehun feared for a loss he did not want to repeat.

            The rest of the days went by in a colorless blur as he boarded a ship with the others back to Balma. Kai taking Sehun’s place beside Taura as his frantic nature deemed him more of a distraction than helpful. He distanced himself from the hands of those that were able to stable Taura and only asked of her when it seemed appropriate. All that mattered to Sehun was if she was breathing or not.

            On the second day, everyone noticed the sudden intake of breath Taura took and hoped she’d wake but another day passed and she remained in the same state of unconsciousness.

            Sehun opened his eyes to relieve him of the memories. Leaning forward in his chair he checked on Taura again making sure everything was comfortable for her not knowing two women watched him from the doorway.

            “It’s been three days and I haven’t seen him leave that seat,” a maid murmured to Talya.

            The princess lay still upon the white

Please log in to read the full chapter