10

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

           “Taura! Don’t do this! Taura!”

            The girl looked around her repeatedly for the source of the voice she was hearing inside of her head but what surrounded her was nothing but the black abyss of her own dream. Though, that black abyss soon formed itself into a scene of rough waves that carried the mermaid to and fro as she struggled to keep afloat. The waves traveled above her head and crashed down on her harshly causing her body to spin under the water as it carried her farther from her original position. Taura prayed for her transformation to happen quickly, hoping that in her mermaid form she could fight her way through the waves into calmer water. Though the waves continued to throw her in all different directions while she remained human, the change she was hoping for didn’t happen.

            “Help! Someone help!” She coughed out while water filled her lungs as she was pulled down by the current. Her hands clawed for anything but the water seeped through her fingertips, leaving her to slowly sink deeper and deeper into the depths of the ocean. Holding her breath, Taura struggled to surface again when everything went black again.

            Clutching her chest, she could feel her heart beating rapidly while sweat pooled down the side of her face. Her room was spinning as she sat up trying to gain a sense of what had just happened. Taura took deep breaths to calm her heart but each breath she took felt strained. Hitting her chest to try and clear her airwaves, only resulted in dry coughs that had the girl reaching out subconsciously for her medicine when she realized she didn’t have any. All of the new bottles that Talya made her were all at the palace.

            Her coughing continued as she swung her legs off the edge of the bed. When she tried to stand up her legs gave out from the harsh pain she felt run up through them the moment she applied her weight. It felt as if a thousand knives were trying to cut themselves through her skin. Doubling over from the pain in her lower body and her continuous coughing she crawled over to the door. Once she got it open, she yelled out between coughs, “Help—S-Sehun! Hara—beoji! H-help!”

            Taura’s cheeks began to turn red as the pain and lack air began to make it hard for her to do anything. She could feel tears fall from her cheeks when she saw that no one was coming. Not having the strength or ability to yell again she began to violently bang on the floor and wall beside her to get anyone’s attention. Her insides were screaming at her for the water it craved and if she didn’t get it soon, Taura felt like she would die on the spot.

            “H-Help Me!” Taura croaked as loud as she could when the door at the end of the hallway bursted open. Sehun ran to her while Kris and Suho came out of their rooms to see what was going on.

“Get water!” Sehun yelled at both of them but Suho was quick to react and ran down the stairs while Sehun tended to the girl. He gently picked her up and leaned her against his arm as he pushed her hair from her face.

            “Taura, what’s

Please log in to read the full chapter