32

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

             Lay and Kai emerged from the Captain’s room where the girl rested. They checked on her almost every hour since Sehun brought her on board. She’d woken up for a brief moment but Lay instructed her to get some rest.

            “How’s she doing?” Kris asked while Lay wiped his brow and touched some loose ropes tied to a crate in front of him.

            “She had a small concussion on the left side of her head, her ankles and wrists were bruised from the ropes and shackles she still had tied to her. I managed to restore her breathing patterns back to normal but she still needs extensive medical care and I don’t have the equipment or medication to give that to her.”

            Kris nodded, rubbing his chin while Kai chimed in, “Something tells me that whoever responsible for this came from Genevie. It’s the only nearest city and it seemed that this incident happened recently. Talya even warned us about possible kidnappings in the city.”

           “Just in case, when we dock Lay and Luhan you stay with her while the rest of us get down with Kai, Sehun, and Taura. If she was kidnapped and her captors are still out there, we don’t want to risk it.” Kris instructed and no one seemed to be in disagreement.

            They would dock in Genevie in less than two hours. The change in the air could felt as the thickness of fog turned into a thick heat that made it hard to breathe. The sun shined bright on the water and on the ship, making any metal hot to the touch. Sweat pooled on each male’s brow before falling down his cheek. Chen wiped it away quickly not appreciating the ticklish sensation as he stared out to the side of the ship. The water calm, the only waves came from the ripples of the ship’s movement.

            “It’s so hot.” Chen leaned his cheek on the railing, shutting his eyes. He tried to think of a cool place. Chen thought about what it would feel like to be submerged in the water below, thinking that it had a cooler feel than the air around him. He could almost feel it on his skin.

            “Heads up, hyung!”

            “What?” Chen looked up out to the open waters to see two heads bob up and down on the surface. Sehun waved up at the older sailor while Taura smiled from behind him and swam closer to the large ship.

            “Mind sending someone down to get us, Chen?” Taura cupped her hands around and yelled up at him as he began to move robotically.

            “Yeah, hold on a second! Hyung! Kris!”

            Sehun waded in the water with Taura beside him. Neither saying a word, what transpired between the two after their meeting with Talya had caused the awkwardly silent journey together. Mainly Sehun’s actions had irked the mermaid because he rushed her to get ready for their departure and had kept information from her like

Please log in to read the full chapter