43

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            “Another one has washed up on the shore, your majesty.” Leo ran into the main throne room where a young man sat peering out the large window. The young man did not flinch at the sound of the doors opening nor did he glance at the consultant. With one knee propped up, the god shrugged.

            “I told you, you don’t have to report this to me anymore, Leo. It’s getting agitating.”

            The young man stood from his seat with a heavy sigh brushing past his consultant to leave the room when Leo stopped him.

            “This one is alive, your majesty.”

            The god stopped, his fingers curling in but relaxed as he let out a breath. He only turned his head slightly to look at the man behind him before continuing down the corridor. Leo rolled his eyes with a groan at his king’s lack of a response but ordered that the nearby guards call the team of men that took care of the women that washed on their shores.

            “Handle this one with care…we don’t want to scare her.”

            *~*~*~*~*~*

           Taura wandered the white sanded beach looking left and right feeling the sensation of someone watching her. The place felt eerie. Thick clouds covered the sky leaving no crack of sunlight to shine down on the foggy city. Nothing could be heard other than the sound of the ocean hit the beach and there didn’t seem to be another person anywhere.

            Clutching her hair, Taura stumbled forward not noticing the rocks embedded in the sand. She caught her footing in time to save herself from a nasty fall but fell to her knees anyways from exhaustion and confusion.

            The mermaid didn’t know where she was, how she got there, or where she was even planning to go.

            Everything felt unworldly almost like a dream. It sure looks like a dream. Taura thought as she wiped some of the sand off of her legs before standing up again. She decided that it be best to probably get off the beach and explore the city that lay behind her. Maybe there she could find some answers as to where she was and how she could get back home.

            Taura stood up and turned to climb up the small hill when she saw something moving to her right. Turning her head, the girl squinted her eyes to see what exactly was approaching her. It was a group of five men dressed in rich red garbs. One led the way with his eyes firmly planted on the mermaid.

            “Hey! Don’t move!”

            For a second the girl froze. Taura didn’t exactly like the way he called to her or how the group’s pace quickened when they saw her moving away from them. Fear overtook her and her first instinct was to run.

            Taur

Please log in to read the full chapter