46

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

           Taura sat with her back to Kyungsoo who lay beside her propped up on his elbow. The silence between them felt familiar and didn’t bother Kyungsoo much though it killed Taura to know that the man she loved so much was behind her and she had nothing to say. Curling her toes she coughed quietly when she felt a gentle touch on the center of her back.

           “How are the others?” Kyungsoo curled his fingers in Taura’s hair loving how silky it felt under his fingertips. He tugged on it playfully, hoping the girl would lay back down with him. Instead, Taura pulled her hair over her shoulder and away from Kyungsoo.

            “Good,” she shrugged with a sigh, “They miss you and Chanyeol.”

            Kyungsoo rolled onto his back with his hand behind his head looking up at the gray sky. This wasn’t Taura. This wasn’t the Taura he knew.

            “Are you going to tell me what’s bothering you or are we just going to sit here and look at each other? Well, you won’t even look at me anymore.” Kyungsoo’s voice trailed off as he sat up and put his back up against Taura’s. He leaned his head back, gently colliding with Taura’s.

            “Nothing’s bothering me.” The mermaid leaned back against Kyungsoo with eyes shut as she reveled in his warmth.

            “I don’t believe you.”

            “You don’t have to believe me.”

            “Did I ever tell you how frustrating you are sometimes? Because you are.” Kyungsoo stood up leaving Taura to fall back. He turned, hearing her shriek and laughed.

            “I’m not.” Taura muttered dusting the dirt on her shoulder before crossing her arms over her chest.

            “Then you’re stubborn, headstrong, secretive, selfish, a total princess—“

            Taura shot up from her spot in the meadow to stare the man down with narrowed eyes, “I am not any of those things, Do Kyungsoo.”

            He only shrugged with a smirk playing on one corner of his lips that slowly turned into a playful grin. Walking backwards and away from the girl, Taura followed after him, “Then you are…you are mean and cold, and demeaning sometimes and quiet.”

            Kyungsoo pointed to himself as he stopped while Taura continued to approach him, “Mean? Demeaning? Really? I don’t think so.”

            “Well you are.”

            “Then tell me what else I am?” Kyungsoo urged on as he took a step towards Taura.

Please log in to read the full chapter