34

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Staring down at the blue and red viles in Sehun’s hand, sweat started to trickle down Taura's face. her lips, Taura reached for the two bottles but Sehun pulled his hand back and closed his fingers over them. Placing them back into his pocket, Sehun placed his hands on Taura’s shoulders, “Taura, what are those for? You have to tell me.”

            If Taura was taking medication, Sehun wanted to know for what. If it pertained to Taura’s well-being or health he wanted to know because she was his friend and he cared about her more so than she probably cared about herself. He found it tiring that everything he knew or found out about her was through another person like his mother or his friends. Why couldn’t she just tell him?

            Biting down on her lip, Taura looked at Sehun’s hands on either side of her. She could feel some pressure where they were but ultimately she couldn’t feel his warm touch on her skin. She could see his fingers moving to caress her out of comfort and could only imagine what it felt like. The mermaid began to regret ever taking that numbing serum. It bothered her so much to see him touching her like that and not feel anything. Shrugging out of his touch, Taura backed away from him, “I don’t have to tell you anything and they’re nothing. Just the normal stuff Talya gives me.”

            Sehun stepped forward and grabbed Taura’s hand but she swatted him away once more. He needed to stop what he was doing before he pushed her over the edge. It started to scare her how much she wanted Sehun close but at the same time so far. Taura stepped towards Sehun, making sure their eyes met, “Stop trying to—just stop Sehun. Stop. Okay? What I do doesn’t concern you. I can take care of myself.”

            Staring up at the siren, Taura felt the steam roll off her body as Sehun breathed out through his nose. His eyes glazed over with anger and frustration it seemed to cover up the hurt that lay behind them. Time and time again had he told Taura that everything she did concerned him and here she was telling him that it didn’t. He began to wonder if everything he’d done for her was in vain and that she didn’t take his actions to heart like he wanted her to. Searching her face for his answer, only frustration and exhaustion seemed to resonate in her eyes as she looked at him.

            Sehun’s shoulders  slowly deflated while his eyes traveled to his pocket, “Fine. You’re right. I’m mean I’m not your fiancé. I’m not your father. I’m nothing to you, right—“

            “Sehun, that’s not what I mean—“ It was Taura's turn to reach for Sehun's hand but he hid them in his pockets and stepped back from the mermaid.

            “No, it’s fine. That’s what you meant and you don’t have to explain yourself,” Sehun grabbed the two bottles in his pocket and slammed them into Taura’s hands, “Take’em. It’s your goddamn business.”

            Closing her hands around the bottles, Sehun kept his hand over hers and squeezed them as he leaned in to her ear, “But don’t come craw

Please log in to read the full chapter