47

Sea Souls: Water God
Please log in to read the full chapter

           The dining room was empty except for two people that sat at one end of the long table. Doria stirred her tea carefully, making sure that her spoon didn’t hit the sides of the cup. She decided to join Sehun and the others on their journey back to Sera not wanting to stay in the city that caused her so much pain.

            She worried for Taura but she also worried more for the young man sitting in front of her. Sehun barely touched the spread of food that the kitchen prepared for him. He took a few bites of rice and soup before setting his spoon down. He just wasn’t hungry.

            “Are you going to eat that?” Doria pointed to the steamed fish as she her lips while her stomach grumbled.

            “No, you want it?” Sehun eyed the young woman in front of him who nodded immediately. “Here, take it.”

            Doria took the fish without hesitation and took a bite. She hadn’t eaten anything since the early morning and seeing all of the food made her hungry. Though as she ate, she couldn’t’ help but feel saddened seeing as Sehun lay his head down on the table.

            Taura’s condition took its toll on everyone but it seemed like it hit Sehun the hardest peaking the girl’s interest. She knew that something was going on between him and Taura but decided not to dig any deeper. Whatever it was was between him and the princess.

            “You okay,” Doria swallowed the piece of fish but shook her head, “stupid question. Of course you’re not okay.”

            Sehun didn’t lift his head.

            The girl stared at the top of Sehun’s head tapping her fingers on the table. “You shouldn’t be sleeping on the table. If you need to sleep go to your room.”

            “I’m not asleep.” The boy muttered, scaring Doria. Sehun lifted his head showing off the redness on his cheeks and forehead.

            Doria shook her head seeing no need to further their conversation. She ate quietly watching as Sehun’s head slowly descended back to the table.

            The room remained silent as neither spoke until the door into the dining room opened with three people entering in hushed voices.

            Lay, Kris, and Luhan entered causing Doria to stand up and bow to the three men. She shyly avoided their eyes as they approached her, “Doria, nice seeing you here.”

            Lay touched her shoulder causing the girl to blush as she looked up at him, “Nice seeing you all too.”

            “Thanks for keeping our little prince company.” Luhan ruffled Doria’s hair as he beamed down at her with a soft smile.

            “I don’t think I was much company for him.” All four of them turned to the prince who saw no need to lift his head.

            “It’s fine, Doria. If you want you can see Taura now. She shouldn’t have company.” Kris offered as he beckoned her towards the door.

            “I’d love to see her.”

            “I’ll take

Please log in to read the full chapter