Chapter 8

The Arranged Marriage.

Sitting uncomfortably in the back seat of the taxi, I stared out of the window as I thought over my actions. A small, minor part of brain knew that I was pushing this a little too far. After all, I could always get divorced the day after the wedding, but in my mind it was too late to stop now. It would hurt my pride if I just went back home now.

I do have something similar to a plan. I would go to Barcelona, because if I went to our house in Marid, a) it's probably been sold already and b) my parents would guess I was there. However in Barcelona I could hide out in my friends house until they agreed to call off the engagment. Perfect, right? I silently groaned. Those stupid parents.

The car stopped and I looked out of the other window to see the entrance to the airport. Taking a deep breath I stepped out of the car whilst the taxi driver got my luggage. I thanked him and offered him a tip, a habit I had accuired in Europe but wasn't welcomed in Korea. I didnt care though and walked away before the driver said anything. Inside the airport people rushed around, pushing luggage carts whilst children ran around and screamed their heads off. I walked up to the check point and asked for the earliest plain to Barcelona, one way ticket please. There were always seats in first class. I paid her.

"You're in luck. The earliest flight is in fifteen minutes. Please go to gate three, and have a safe and pleasent journey" she instructed, smiling. I thanked her, took the freshly printed out ticket and went to the gate, sitting down in a hard, itchy chair. A ball rolled to my feet. I looked up at a young girl, around five years old, looking at me shyly. Sighing, I picked up the squigy pink ball and held it out for her. She took it shyly before quickly thanking me and running off back to her family. I watched her play with her parents whilst I waited for the call out. The little girl laughed as her dad picked her up and spun her around. I smiled at the sight, but a weight dropped in my stomach. I could feel doubt shredding up my insides. But just at that moment the call out came, asking us to board the plane. With a big sigh, the kind that blew up your cheeks, I grabbed my bags, clutched my plane ticket tightly and started to walk towards the growing que to present my passport and ticket. Then suddenly a tight hand wrapped itself around my wrist and pulled me back.

"Ah, what the heck?!" I exclaimed, spinning around and annoyed. I gasped at Sehun's face. He looked at for a moment, frowning slightly as if he was deep in thought. Recovered from his sudden appearance, I tugged away my hand. But he was a lot stronger than he looked and wouldn't let go, no matter how hard I tried. "Yah, let go!" I exclaimed, glancing anxiously at the ticket que. Suddenly he dragged me away with so much force I almost lost my balance to fall flat on my face.

I tried pulling my hand away once more and of course failed again. He dragged us behind a sign so no one would see us yelling at eachother. "Let go!" I repeated. He sighed and studied my face carefully. I tried to keep my expresion blank. "What? Why are you here?" I snapped. "I could ask you the same thing" he said in a plain voice. I waved my ticket in his face with my other hand. Any excuse I made up now would just be stupid, so I might aswell as tell the truth. He smirked. "You're running away?"

"Clearly" I snapped. When I had calmed down a fraction I took a deep breath and asked, "how did you know I'd be here?" 

"I saw you this morning with your luggage" he answered. I frowned at him. "You followed me?"

"Clearly" he replied. I narrowed my eyes at him before noticing he was still gripping onto my wrist, tightly. Despite his plain expression it seemed he was worried I would go. "Let go" I said, shaking my wrist. He studied my face for a second before annoyingly shaking his head. "Why? So you can run away?" he asked sarcastically. I glared at him. "What does it matter to you?" he seemed slightly taken aback from my question. Then he sighed, "you're right. It doesn't matter. Waste of my time to be truthful, and sort of expected from you anyway" he finally let me go. I scoffed, even more annoyed. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with acid in my tone.

He simply shrugged. "What do you think it means? It was obvious you'd do something like this. You look like the type that can't face responsibility" he asnwered simply. I scoffed but refused to admit that I was insulted by him. Then Sehun suddenly leaned in closer until he was eye level with me. "Either that or you're doing this for attention. Most likely both." I raised my eyebrow. "Attention!" I accidently yelled. He pulled away, a satisfied smirk on his face. "It's obvious, isn't it? You crave you're parents attention, and that's why you're doing this. I can see straight through you're childish facade." By now I was shaking with rage. Who does he think he is?! The nerve. "I'd challenge you to show some responsibility, so I wouldn't feel bad for your parents, but it seems like if you don't get going now, you'll be late for your flight" he said cooly, looking towards the sign above gate three. I had five minutes left.

He looked at me and smirked whilst I stood, still shocked and insulted. He turned and walked away, leaving me gawping at his back. If I left now, would I be admitting that he was right? That was something I wasn't prepared to do. But if I didn't leave, would I have to get married to him? The thought made me feel sick. Sehun suddenly stopped and called back, "are you coming or not?" I had to quickly make a decision. His annoying smirk flashed in my eyes, and I had finally decided. There was no way he'd have one over me. No way. Gritting my teeth, I grabbed my bags, shoved the ticket into my pocket and followed him out. All the while he wore a satisfied smirk.