Chapter 39

The Arranged Marriage.

 

 

Our first fight. Wow.

Well it was inevitable. Our personalities didn't match, and I was too stuborn to try to get along with him anyway.

So I had kind of expeced it.

But why did I feel so upset about it? It's not as if it surprised me.

Or did it?

In my confused and baffled state I hadn't noticed that the doors of the lift were beginning to close. Snapping back to reality I quickly rushed out of the lift before the doors closed. The doors slid together, catching the back of my foot and causing me to nearly trip over.

I grabbed the near by railing to stop myself from falling. What is it with me and gravity today? 

We are not getting along, and if gravity continues we shall no longer be friends. However I will become a lot closer with the floor.

Straightening myself up, I brushed off my clothes and looked around.

The floor was nearly empty of people, and only a few shops were lined up the walls. I guess these places were too expensive for the average person.

Then a tall figure leaning against a pilar not too far away made me jump. I hadn't known Sehun had stayed.

Blush crept up my cheeks as I thought of how Sehun must think I don't know how to use my feet.

"You're still here?" I asked in the smoothest voice I could currently manage. A light smirk played on Sehun's lips, but for some reason it didn't tick me off. Yet.

"Of course. This is my mall" he said in a lighter voice.

I rolled my eyes. "So you keep saying."

Sehun chuckled, nodding his head in the direction of the shops. "Well, come on then" he said, kicking himself away from the wall. I raised a questioning eyebrow at him before Sehun turned around saying, "you are still shopping right? I haven't shown you the good shops yet."

I was hesitant, but when Sehun began to walk away I didn't want to be alone and so I quickly followed behind him. Whilst we walked the short distance I kept my gaze transfixed on my shoe laces, unable to bring myself to look at Sehun without feeling guilty.

Not that I had anything to be guilty of.

Sehun led us to one of the shops at the far end. It was a large, well lit boutique, decorated with large, vintage mirrors and celebrity sofas. Very posh, and expensive.

Racks and racks of clothes were lined in orderly rows along different sections of the store, followed by numerous rows of posh and polished shoes.

I was about to question Sehun as to why he thought it would be a good idea to bring me into a sotre like this. It was definately not my taste in fashion. The exact opposite actually.

Look's like I would be going home with nothing if I were to followe Sehun's instructions all day.

Just as I opened my mouth to ask my question, a shopping assistant suddenly appeared. Her eyes glistened greedily at Sehun, and she looked sort of flushed. I wouldn't be surprised if she had ran the length of the store to serve Sehun first. 

"Sehun-ssi, how may we help you?" she asked, bowing. I raised an eyebrow, wodering if she was being a little impolite. But then again, it didn't surprise me that she knew who Sehun was. Not only was his face famous throughout South Korea, but he also belonged to the family who owned the mall where she worked at. I caught Sehun glance at me through the corner of his eye and smirk. I quickly tried to compose my expression.

Had I just looked annoyed..or jealous right now?

Sehun gave her a wide, warm smile. I narrowed mye eys at him unconciously.

"Yes please. Could you bring us the best outfits the boutique has, please?" Sehun asked her politely.

Only now did the assitant spare me a glance. Her face morphed in slight disgust, which I did not miss a single detail of. I gave a silent sarcastic laugh.

Wow. Who did this girl think she was?

Some poor part-timer, that's what.

The girl returned her gaze to Sehun, her expression clearing of any remaining bitterness. I wondered if I would begin to get this alot, now that i was engaged to South Krea's prince.

"Of course" she said, smilingat him sweetly and batting her fake lashes in a desperate attempt to flirt and seem cute at the same time. i think she mistook Sehun's smile of amusement for one of flattery, as she gave me a smug look before walking away to attend to Sehun's instructions.

I rolled my eyes but refrained from saying anything. i didn;t really ant to start a fight today. Especially not infrontof Sehun.

We stood in what I felt was awkward silence for a short while, keeping a reasonable distance from eachother. Though if it was my choice a reasonable distance would be twenty miles, so perhaps not.

A short while later the assitant arrived, my doom drapped as a pile in her arms.

Sehun's POV

"Yah, No way. Get lost" Jess snapped at me when I held up a dress to present to her.

I tried to hold back a laugh as I gazed at her almost outraged expression. "Why?" I asked her innocently, though in reality I just felt like winding her up. 

And I couldn't deny that I felt just a little bit curious as to what Jess would look like in a dress. Or anything girly for that matter.

"Are you stupid?" she asked me in a dangerously calm tone. "That's a dress!" she exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow and smirked lightly, already seeing her eye begin to twitch in irritation. "Well done, you can see" I said sarcastically.

She hissed at me, before turning stubbornly only her heel to storm out of the store.

In a swift second I was beside her, my hand wrapped tightly around her wrist as i pulled her back and turned her around. I smirked slightly, knowing that she would feel less uncomfortable and more annoyed if I did so. I held the dress up to her face. "Try it on" I pleaded.

Her eyes flickered to my grip on her wirst and i could see her cheeks adorably tint with pink. I wasn't going to let her go until she agreed, so tough for her

"No" she said stubbornly like a child.

Sighing inwardly I pouted the best I could and blinked multiple times. Jeez, I felt like I looked the same as the shopping assistant had to me earlier on.

"Please. I mean, you were the one who upset me" I said quietly, pouting some more.

It took a lot of effort for me not to burst out laughing at Jess' expression. She looked shocked, transfixed and annoyed all at once. It was actually kind of cute. I felt like reaching out and pinching her cheeks.

But I didn't want to die so no.

Eventually the fight wore away from her face to be replaced by surrender. She glared at me as she snatched the dress out of my hand. "Careful, the materials fragile" I told her with a light smirk.

If looks could kill, I probably wouldn't even have been born.

I let her wrist go and watched her stalk to the changing rooms, a satisfied smile on my face.

As soon as she dissapeared into the changing rooms, the shopping assistant nearly pounced on me. I had expected as much.

"Sunbae, why are you here with that girl today?" she asked, masking her jealousy with sweetness. I looked down at her as she blinked her eyes and subtly twirled her hair. Normally I would have found her attractive, but for some reason I didn't today. Infact I found her rather annoying.

"She's shopping" I answered her, discreetly putting some distance inbetween us. Her perfume was overpowering. Was I choking on flowers yet?

"But why are you here?" she asked, trying to frown cutely. She had dimples similar to Jess' I noticed.

"I came with her" I answered bluntly. Why was I having to state the obvious?

The assistant pouted and her brow furrowed, waiting for a further explanation. Did she think I had been dragged here or something?

"She is my fiance" I said to the assitant.

The girl's pout dissapeared to be replaced with a not so cute but more dangerous frown. 

Oops. Had I said something wrong? I thought sarcastically.

"Bring us some more clothes please..." I glanced at her name tag "...Minah-ssi."
The assitant bowed, her face shwoing no trace of the pleasent emotion she had been showing earlier. Well at least now I knew she wouldn't pester me as much.

I sat down on a near by celebrity chair and whipped out my phone.

Now i'm sorry but no matter what the situation was or where I was, I couldn't leave Mr. Flappy alone. Flappy bird was seriously addictive.

Ten games later and a new high score of 213 (I was boss at that game) there was a subtle cough that managed to pull me out of my gamer mode.

I looked up, and stood up when I saw Jessica standing next to the mirrors.

And...well...wow.

Was I blushing?

Jessica stood almost shyly, looking at the ground as she played with her fingers nervously.

Collecting my composure I walked up to her. I could sense her stiffen but I ignored it as I brushed down the dress and adjusted it slightly so it fit perfectly. 

Sparks of electricity ran down my spine as my fingers brushed against the bare skin of her neck, and I quickly withdrew my hand, stepping back as if I was assesing the way she looked.

I hoped I wasn't blushing.

Pull it together Sehun.

But I wasn't going to lie, or hold back, when I said that Jess looked very beautiful.

I don't get why she didn't wear dresses more often. 

The coral material fit perfectly against her slightly tanned skin, floating like feathers around her legs and ending just above the knees. And to say she had a small, petite frame, she definately had curves.

I should stop myself now.

"You look beautiful" I told her, smiling. She began to blush, and i'm sorry but that was the cutest thing ever.

"Well, you can stop drooling now" she said sarcastically, staring at her feet to hide her blush even though it was too late.

I chuckled and waved to the shopping asisstant. She walked over and gave Jess a look of dislike and jealousy.

"We'll take this one. And you can bring over the other clothes aswell now please" I instructed her, barely able to keep my eyes off of Jess for more than a second.

"Others!" Jess exclaimed as the assistant began to walk away. "Yah, one dress is bad nough. I'm not putting another one on!" she said, stomping her foot in a little tantrum.

How adorable.

"No, you're putting on another six" I told her, smirking.

Her jaw dropped open as she stared at me, nearly shaking with anger.

The shopping asistant returned with the dresses in hand. I took off the first one from the pile and threw it gently to Jess. To my surprise jess caught it instead of letting it fall to the ground.

"Get going then" I said to her, turning her around and pushing her to the dressing roms. She sighed, smacked away my hands and stormed into a cubicle. i smiled smugly.

Five dresses and multiple tantrum's later, jessica finally had on the last dress.

It was knee length with purple velvet material. "I think that one's my favourite" I said as I stared at Jess.

She rolled her eyes at me, visibly tired from all these dresses. "Well how nice. Now when are we going to go shopping for me today, and not for thing's you think look nice?" she snapped irritably

I ignored her remark and waved over the assistant again.

"We'll take them all. Here's my card" I said to her, handing her my card. The assitant pleasently bowed before going away with our orders.

Jess glared at me. "Yah, I don't want these dresses!" she exclaimed, stomping her foot for what was probably the twentieth time today. I smirked lightly. "You'll never know when you'll need them."

She rolled her eyes at me and looked as if she was about to hit me, but then suddenly two ladies both dressed in identical black suits appeared.

"Miss, you're father is requesting for you" one fo Jessica's bodygaurds said.

They seemed to completely ignore my presence.

Well, this wasn't something I was used to, especially not amongst girls. Not to brag.

Jess seemed torn between going to her father and hitting me. Finally she sighed and nodded her head at them. "I'll be down in five minutes" she told them.

The bodyguards bowed to us both. Oh, so now I was noticed! Then they exited the store.

When I turned back Jess had already gone to change. I frowned.

Would I ony get to spend such a short time with her today?

A/N-I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I have been really busy lately with studying for tests, so this was my only opportuity to get this chapter done! Don't you think Sehun and Jess are so cute together?! But I kind of like Jess and Kai too ;) I hope you all don't think too badly of Jess for being mean to Sehun. She is kind of being forced to marry him after all. Anyway's, thankyou for reading. Don't forget to suscribe if you haven't done so all ready. Upvotes are loved but comments are loved even more, so don't forget to comment! Gamsahamnida~ALviinK.

Credits to IceCream Graphic shop for my poster!