Chapter 38

The Arranged Marriage.

"So, where are we going first?" Sehun asked after a brief moment of silence.

*Sigh* I had enjoyed the absense of Sehun's voice.

"Where ever" I answered currtly, looking straight ahead. A noticed a group of pre-teens point us out and start gigiling, watching Sehun closely. Jeez.

I glared at them until they looked away.

Sehun his lips briefly (a habit of his that I had noticed) before suddenly taking a hold of my wrist. I stared at him with surprise, tempted to snatch my wrist back.

"What?" I snapped at him. A group of people gushing past me forced me to stand a little closer to Sehun, which for some reason made me feel hot and agitated.

Sehun smiled, his eyes gleaming in the light. "In that case, I know a good place to go" he said eagerly.

I opened my mouth to protest, but Sehun was already picking up his pace and dragging me along with him. 

Since it was a Saturday the mall was busy. People rushed by as if they were taking the tube, eager to get to the shops and spend the rare extra cash they had.

I wasn't chlaustrophobic, but I was uncomfortable with the amount of people who were pushing past me and making me fight for my balance.

I mean I know i'm small but that didn't make me invisible!

Sehun was the only source of protection I had in this human maze, and so I stuck close to him, noticing the fact that I was constantly being shoved into him and his grip tighten around my wrist as he increased his pace.

Soon I was on the verge of jogging. How long did he think my legs were?! 

"Yah..." I began to say, but was barely able to usher a sound before I was being pushed again. I was thankful that we were about to enter the lift (elavator).

Someone ran past me (seriously, how rude to run in a public place) and knocked into my back.

And I felt the dread as I thought I would fall and be trampled to death again today.

I seriously wasn't in the mood for public humiliation.

In a desperate attempt to save my life I reached out and clutched to Sehun's shirt.

He turned around just in time for me to fall into his chest, and we stumbled together into the lift, followed by a crowd of people and an annoying lady with a pram.

Great.

My heartbeat began to drum in my ears loudly as I realised just how close I was to Sehun right now. His face was barely two inches away and I could feel his breath tickle my cheek. 

I gulped as I noticed he was staring at me, his usual cold brown eyes burning into me. I fidgeted uncomfortably and tried to move away, but the crowd of people cramped into this tiny container were keeping me in my place. I was stuck inbetween a wall of humans and Sehun, who was leaning against the wall.

Was it me or was it really hot in here?

Suddenly a smirk creeped across his face, sending a cold feeling across my skin.

"Well, isn't this cosy?" Sehun murmered, leaning in slightly so that only we could hear. His face was too close, our noses nearly touching.

I blinked in a daze, before registering his words and returning back to earth with an angry landing.

"Yah!" I snapped at him, concious of the other people around.

Sehun snickered. "Your blushing" he chirped, his voice teasing.

I could almost feel my eyes light up in fiery anger. "Yah, no i'm not!" I snapped, punching his chest.

Sehun smirked even more. "Yes you are" he argued.

I went to punch him again but he swiftly caught my hand in his and held it tightly.

Whut. Is. This. Boy. Doing?

Does. He. Want. To. Die?

"Yah let..." I was about to protest and yell at him, but he quickly placed his finger over my lips.

He hushed me, before smiling slightly and looking away. I uncomfortably twisted my hand, but it was held firmly in his and I knew I wasn't strong enough to release it.

Sighing I looked at my feet, unable to look at Sehun's face without getting angry or fliustered. I hated this boy.

Hated.

His body heat seemed to radiate into my skin. Why was I so hot?

I mean I know i'm hot but what I meant was temperature wise ;).

The lift's door pinged as it came to a stop. It didn't seem to be our floor as Sehun didn't move.

As most of the people exited the lift they shoved into me.

Seriously what was wrong with everyone today?!

To my dismay I was forced to get even more closer to Sehun, which apparently was possible.

I bit my lip as I stood in an awkward position, my back arched as I tried to avoid being shoved but also avoid standing closer to Sehun.

He smirked lightly before looking away.

He didn't even offer any help.

Rude.

Thankfully the lift closed it's doors and now there was a little more breathing space. Only a few more people remained on the lift.

I expected Sehun to let go of my hand already, not that there had been any need to hold it in the first place. But he didn't.

And it was annoying me.

The lift stopped again and the other people exited the small container, so now I was just stuck with Sehun. 

Great.

As soon as the doors closed I sprang on him.

Not literally.

"Yah let go!" I yelled, tugging my hand madly. It was as if I was having a seisure.

Sehun glanced at me for a split second, smirked and looked away.

"Yah! You are seriously..." I couldn't even finish my sentence in all my frustration.

I pulled my hand, but couldn't get it free.

Just how strong was this boy?

When I yelled at him again he seemed to lose his composure.

"Why?!" he yelled back.

I stopped my tantrum and stared at him in surprise.

"Why should I?" he argued, seeming just as annoyed as I was.

Actually that wasn't true.

No one could be as mad as I was at Sehun.

"Because I don't want you to hold my hand!" I screamed.

"You let Kai do it!" he retaliated.

Was he jealous right now? 

How childish.

"So?!"

"So...why should he be able to, and not me?! He's not your fiance, I am!" 

"I never wanted you to be!" I finally yelled, breathing heavily in all my anger.

The tension in his features seemed to slip away, and I felt a pang in my chest when I saw the breif flash of hurt on his face.

Had I upset Sehun?

I know I had been yelling at him, but I never expected to hurt him.

"Right, I forgot" Sehun mumbled int the same bland, nochalant tone he had when we first met. Though his lips barely moved his words sounded like sirens in my ears.

The air was too still. The walls were too close. I just wanted to be outside.

He finally let go of my hand, and the cold air seemed to envelope my skin in Sehun's absence.

Well that felt weird.

I blinked at Sehun, unable to think of the right words to say.

Sorry?

Yeah, like i'd say that.

Sehun glanced at me briefly, and in that second I saw all the hurt and loneliness in his eyes. It made my stomach drop and my throat tighten. I had never seen Sehun like this before.

And I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not.

Had I really done that?

Perhaps I had taken the happy Sehun for granted.

Then his eyes quickly changed, and I saw nothing there anymore.

They were emotionless and cold.

Like stone.

Like they always were.

The lift doors pinged as they opened once more.

Sehun looked at me, his mouth opening slightly as if he wanted to say something. But then he just turned and walked out.

I felt a crushed feeling in my chest, almost as if I had hoped he would say something.

What was he doing to my sanity? 

I watched after him in a confused daze.

Had we just had our first fight?

A/N-So I know it's been really long since my last update. I apologise. Don't shoot me. I had actually already had this chapter done, but just as I went to save it my laptop spazed and switched off, deleting everything! So I had to re-write this chapter. But that only happened recently. I hadn't updated it earlier because...I'm suffering with something...called laziness ;) Anyway I'll try to update as soon as possible. And i'm also excited that this story reached over 100 suscribers. I know it's not a lot compared to other stories but it's alot to me! So i'd like to thank everyone, especially those who have given me feed back and upvoted. Don't forget to comment, suscribe if you haven't done so all ready and continue giving me your suport! By the way, we should think of a shipping name for Jessica and Sehun. Or it might be Jessica and Kai. You never know ;) Gamsahamnida~AlviinK.