Chapter 20

The Arranged Marriage.
"Ji Yoon-ah, where are you?" Kai asked, his tone a mix of fury and worry. I opened my mouth but all that came out was air as ı blinked in shock. Then suddenly Sehun swung open his door. The cold breeze pinched at my cheeks and knocked some sense into my head. "Kai, ı'll...ı'll call you back, okay" ı said hurriedly. "Yah, Ji Yoon..." I cut him off and exited the car, looking around for Sehun who was walking away. "Sehun! Sehun-ah!" I called after him, shutting the door and running to catch up with him. The wind blew my hair wildly and my breath came out in small clouds as ı approached him. He didn't turn around at the sound of my footfalls. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him around, breathing heavily. The look on his eyes made me let my grip on his arm go loose. "What?" He snapped. I swallowed the large lump in my throat and my dry lips. "Where are you going? You can't just leave like that. For no reason" ı forced myself to say, ignoring the deadly look in his eyes. He scoffed. "Don't worry about it" he said in a patronising voice. "Just call Jong In back" he said Kai's name with venom. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why are you being like this?" I snapped, feeling myself get angry. He just smirked and turned away, starting to walk again. "Yah, Sehun!" I called him back, grabbing his wrist and spinning him around. I didn't let go, and so he pulled his arm away with so much force ı nearly tripped over. "Get lost Ji Yoon" he spat. I let go of his arm and silently watched him walk away. Tears pricked at my eyes. Not because of what he had said, but how he had said it. It made me feel so alone. I watched his figure until it grew small, and then slowly walked back to the car. For a while ı drove at a snail pace through the streets, on the look out for Sehun. Though he would easily stand out with his light hair and thin clothing despite the weather, ı couldn't find his figure anywhere. After a while ı gave up. If he was still here, ı would have found him long ago. Sighing, ı pulled up in a parking space and switched off the engine. I slid as low as ı possibly could in my seat and closed my eyes, trying to fight back the pounding headache. Today had been a very, very weird day, and ı considered quitting school so ı could avoid another similar day. After all, ı wasn't prepared to get caught up in whatever fight was going on between Sehun and Kai. Nor was ı prepared to fight away the army of admirers who will undoubtedly want to kill me for getting in between their 'oppas'. I let out a frustrated scream and punched the dashboard. Korea was messing my head up. Suddenly my phone beeped, alerting me of a text message. I looked at the screen. Even though there was no caller ID ı knew it was from Kai. "Where are you?" It read. I sighed and replied, "I'll be back soon. Might be late for class." Then ı put my phone on silent and rested my head on the steering wheel, gradually falling asleep. I woke up a short while later, though it had felt as if ı had only been sleeping for a few seconds. I checked the time. My last class was going to start soon. Sighing, ı started up the engine and drove to campus. At class the professor had already begun her lecture. I quietly crept to the back of the room and took my seat next to Kai. He didn't look up as ı entered, nor did he acknowledge me when ı sat down. My stomach did ı flip like it often did when ı was in trouble. Quickly ı checked my phone. I had sent multiple texts to Sehun on my way here, asking him where he was and when he'd be back. He still hadn't replied, and ı could feel my worry grow.