Chapter 2

The Arranged Marriage.

Our old house in Madrid had been a victorian styled mansion. It sat alone on the hills, over looking the city on it's right and a small traditional spanish town on it's left. It had been a good enough house, consisting of seven bedrooms, ten bathrooms, a mini cinema, games room and a large swimming pool. Of course most of the house was rarely visited. With my parents and brother away for most of the day at work, ı was really the only person who ever stayed there for periods of time. However the large empty house had quickly displeased me, and ı spent much of my free time outdoors so as not to have to sit alone. Though ı was hell bent on disliking everything Seoul has to offer, ı could not help the little flip my stomach did with joy when ı saw our new house. It was on a street, surrounded by other houses of a similar modern style. The shared space meant that the house was not too big. However it was big enough to have a fountain in the driveway and tall enough to make you lean back your neck just to see the roof. But when my mother clapped in satisfaction and asked me how it looked, ı forced back my smile and replied with a grunt. My brother Kyle rolled his eyes. He could easily see through my facade. I stuck my tongue out at him. He raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

This year, whilst we were in Seoul, Kyle would be living in his own penthouse apartment closer to the company's headquarters. Butler Vince was no longer with us, something ı didn't find out about until ı was on the jet. Honestly ı wish ı had treated him a bit nicer; or at least said a proper goodbye. Our new butler Mr. Park was just as old, but a little less chubby. Whilst the driver and butler carried our bags inside ı went off to inspect the house. It was spacious. Though it was modern-ly decorated, dominated by black and white items, it still had traditional korean doors. The sliding type. I think ı liked that feature the most. However ı was not going to show my fondness easily and didn't speak through out meal time and retreated to my new room afterwards, spending the rest of the night decorating it with my personal items.

In the morning ı woke up later than usual. I looked at the clock and groaned. It was almost noon. I was glad the maids hadn't bothered to wake me up. That was most likely Kyle's order. At the end of my bed was a white box, tied with a pink bow. I ignored it and trudged to the living room, plopping myself down onto the sofa. After a few moments my father coughed to break the silence. I opened my heavy eyes, still feeling the affects of jet-lag, and stared at him sleepily. "Your clothes are in the box in your room. Get dressed into them" he instructed. I blinked in confusion. "Why?" I said rudely. He glared at me. "Have you really forgotten?" The tone of his voice woke me up. "No" ı lied. I did vaguely remember him saying something about something on the flight. Then on the sofa besides me my mum gasped whilst my dad leaned in closer. "Ommo! Is that a tongue piercing?" Mum asked. I didn't reply. "Why you little...!" My dad begun, rolling up his newspaper to hit me with, but ı jumped out of my seat and ran away back to my room before ı got chewed out about my accessory. It was bad enough when ı recently died my hair purple.

Before ı dressed my mum sent in a parade of beauty professionals and make up artists. I was fussed around endlessly, feeling like an exhibit at a zoo. Not to mention they nearly held my jaw open to get my tongue piercing out. I'm sure that was illegal. When ı was finally done up ı dressed in the clothes that came in the white box. It was a knee length black dress with lace around the shoulders and a velvet belt. Surprisingly the material was comfortable and the dress itself didn't look too sickly. I was marginally satisfied. I hadn't realised that it had taken up most of the day for me to be prepared for the event. When ı stepped into the car, my bag in one hand and shoulders wrapped in a black fur coat, the sun was already setting.

Earlier on my mother had taken me aside to explain that we were going to a formal party where we would finally meet the CEO of S.S group and his family. She seemed excited when she mentioned the family and gave me a sort of look that made me suspicious. The party was being held in the Cheongdam-dong district. Apparently there were lots of rich and important people here. Outside the building there was a mini red carpet and body guards at the entrance, asking guests for invites. We were let straight through. Several photographers stood on the sidelines. Inside the air was heavy with the smell of wine and perfume. A few people were gathered at the balcony, but if you went down the marble staircase and onto the main floor there were much more people. I trailed behind my father and Kyle. My mother walked besides me. Queen of social events, she seemed to know almost everyone as she was greeted by countless people. I kept my gaze on the floor and smiled politely when it was needed. "Don't mess this up" my father whispered as the CEO of S.S group approached us. He seemed to direct it at me the most. I pulled a face but inhaled a deep breath and cleared my face until there was only politeness left.