Chapter 19

The Arranged Marriage.

My right hand was held by Sehun and my left was held by Kai. They both had a tight grip, and neither showed any signs of letting go. I frowned. I was not some rag doll for them to play tug of war with. And ı definitely was not some sort of prize to be won. We had acquired everyone's attention and ı felt hot under everybody's gaze. Both boys weren't even looking at me. They stood glaring at each other, oblivious to the girl caught in between them. With my jaw clenched together in anger ı pulled away both of my hands with a sharp tug. It caught them both by surprise and they finally looked at me. I stuffed my hands into my pockets, ignored their looks and the whispers around us and turned to storm away. "Yah Jess-ssi!" Sehun called after me. The surrounding crowd seemed unsure of what to do but were forming a barricade so ı couldn't escape. Under my hostile glare the large group of boys parted in half and ı stormed away between them, leaving the food hall as quickly as ı could.

Outside ı stopped and thought about what ı was to do. It was too early to go to class just yet, but ı definitely wasn't returning back to the food hall. The fresh air cleared my mind, but my skin still felt hot in anger. I slowly made my way to the toilets. It took me a while to figure out how to use the motion sensor taps but when ı did ı splashed my face with the cold water. It helped cool my burning cheeks and ı dabbed my face dry with the small white towels provided. Then suddenly the bathroom door was swung open. I heard it slam against the wall and removed the towel from my face to see who it was. A tall, mean but pretty looking girl stood in the door way, her arms crossed over her chest as she slowly made her way towards me. I recognised her. She was the girl who had sat next to Sehun. I silently groaned. Don't tell me she was a clingy admirer who automatically saw me as a rival because ı was causing trouble for her 'oppa'. How typical. I chucked the towel back onto the rack and turned to face her properly. She had about an inch on me, and then another one if you counted her ridiculous black Jimmy Choos, that were actually out of season. I would know. My parents owned a fashion empire. She stopped a foot away from me and narrowed her fake eyes.

"You're Jessica Moon, right?" She snapped, tucking a brown lock of hair behind her ear. I nodded, watching her carefully in case she made a move. "You're the one who's going to marry Sehun, right?" She asked in the same confronting tone. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Wasn't it obvious ı was after the little event that had just happened in the hall? "Unfortunately" ı answered. "In that case, ı just want you to know that, Sehun doesn't need someone like you to come and mess up his life. So you need to back off. This marriage shouldn't be happening in the first place, and it won't actually happen, trust me. So it would be best if you removed yourself from Sehun's life" she said in a superior tone, though ı was probably richer than her. I rolled my eyes. "Why, are you his girlfriend?" She nodded her head. "Something like that." I couldn't help but scoff. "Well ı'm his fiance, so ı think you need to back off" ı snapped, not sure where this sudden declaration came from. It's not as if ı wanted to be his fiance. The girl scoffed in offence. "And don't appear in front of me again" ı said. "It's bothersome." With that ı stormed past her and out of the toilets. I could hear her heels follow after me. As ı turned to leave ı was blocked by Sehun.

He had been leaning against the wall next to the toilets. When he saw me he stood up straight and stepped forwards to block my path. I let out an irritated sigh and went to step around him. He blocked me again. Then the girl appeared behind us. Sehun's eyes flickered to her when she gasped. "Oppa" she exclaimed. Taking advantage of his momentary distraction ı quickly stepped around him and quickly walked away. "Yah Jess!" He yelled after me. I ignored his calls and continued to walk. "Yah, Moon Ji Yoon!" He finally yelled. I stopped in my tracks, the exit door only a few feet away. But ı couldn't bring my feet to move. Why did Sehun know my name?!

Slowly ı turned around to face Sehun. He left the girl, who was glaring furiously by his side, and jogged the distance between us. When he stopped a few inches away from me neither of us spoke. I didn't know what to say, just that right now ı felt like hitting him. Him and everybody else. "What?" I snapped. He suddenly took my hand and pulled me away, charging through the corridors and outside. "Yah, let go!" I demanded, tugging on my hand. It wouldn't budge from his steel grip and ı knew from experience that there was no point in trying and so ı stopped pulling. "Where are we going?" I then asked him, defeat in my tone. He didn't answer me. Instead he pulled me along to the outside car park, where our private car was waiting. The driver wasn't there. "Get in" he told me, opening the passengers door for me. I stuck out my jaw and narrowed my eyes at him. "Why? Where are we going?" He sighed. "Just get in." "I don't want to" ı said stubbornly, digging my feet into the ground. He rolled his eyes and easily shoved me into the car seat. "Yah!" I protested. He quickly buckled me in, went to the drivers side and then locked the car when he was inside. I glared at him. Now there was no way ı could get out. He started the engine and pulled out onto the roads. I crossed my arms and slouched into the chair. There was no point in asking him anymore questions. He wouldn't answer.

"This is kidnapping" ı eventually complained, just for the record. He looked at me and for a moment the seriousness on his face melted away as he let out a small chuckle. I forced back my own smile and we continued to drive in thick silence. Finally the car stopped. I looked up from my lap to see we were parked at the bank of Han river. Besides me Sehun sighed and switched off the engine, un-buckling his seat belt. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and looked at him. His face was blank and he on had that expression less look he did so well that prevented me from seeing his emotions on his face. "What are we doing here?" I asked, breaking the silence. He turned to me and seemed to think for a couple of seconds. Then suddenly he was on top of me. Not literally, but he had leaned in so close that ı instinctively jumped back, banging my head on the car window. His face was incredibly close. I could smell his citrus shower gel beneath his cologne. I could see nearly every speck of detail in his glittering eyes. His breath tickled my cheeks and his fair hair brushed against my forehead. He was so, so close. "Yah, what are you doing?" I choked out, trying to force my blush away and not seem completely freaked out. He smirked slightly and his eyes studied my face. "Don't you want to get married to me Ji Yoon-ah?" He asked, his voice soft in my ears. I found it hard to think clearly with him so close. It was like his scent clouded up my mind and ı was trying to swim through jelly.

I shook my head in response. His suddenly warm brown eyes seemed almost hypnotizing, and no matter how hard ı tried ı couldn't look away. "Why? Because you don't want to do as your parents say?" He asked again, his voice a soft purr. I nodded my head. I was holding my breath, Sehun's voice barely audible over the drum in my ears. "But why don't you want to marry me in particular?" He asked. I took a deep breath before unwillingly answering, "because ı don't know you" ı murmured. "And what else?" He purred. Then ı suddenly wondered why Sehun was doing this. There wasn't any need to ask me it so close. Was he doing this on purpose? I suddenly narrowed my eyes and growled, "because ı hate everything about you." He seemed surprised by my sudden change of tone. I pressed my hands against his solid chest and pushed him back with all my effort. He moved about a foot away. Finally ı had some breathing space, but it wasn't enough. I turned to open the door but it wouldn't budge. It was locked.

"Yah, open the door!" I demanded, my cheeks heating up in fury. Sehun simply smirked and leaned back in the drivers chair, seeming satisfied for manipulating me. Suddenly my phone broke the silence. It made me jump but ı quickly dug it out of my pocket and answered the unknown caller. "Hello?" I said, trying to keep the anger out of my voice. "Ji Yoon-ah?" Came a familiar voice. I gasped and my head quickly turned to Sehun. He could obviously hear Kai in the silence and ı almost saw his eyes go cold. "Ji Yoon-ah, hello?" Kai repeated, worry in his tone. "Kai-nim" ı forced out, my tone shaky. Sehun turned away, but the look on his face terrified me.