Chapter 44

The Arranged Marriage.

My head was not in a complete state, and I don't think I would be entrusted to make any sort of rational thought. 

This was happening too much as of recent.

And quite frankly, I don't think I'm going to b able to keep up with it all.

I have a bipolar fiancé who manages to annoy the hell out of me but still make my butterflies go haywire, and a best friend who seems to be too innocent to get involved with trouble like me who seems to keep leading him on, or is it me?

am I leading them both on?!!!

Like I said, clearly not able to think rationally.

Sighing I stepped into our apartment, flipping off my shoes as I looked around.

Sehun was no where to be seen, however the lights were on and a strange smell lingered in the air.

I sniffed, by nose leading me towards the kitchen like a dog.

"Yah" a loud voice suddenly snapped.

i jumped, covering my mouth to hold back a scream.

Sehun was stood at the doorway to his room, a towel draped around his shoulders, catching the dripping water from his wet hair. His top was slightly wet, sticking to his skin. I tried REALLY hard to keep my gaze on his face, which was equally tormenting as his body.

Must. Not. Stare.

"Where were you?!" Sehun asked, his tone sharp and clearly angry.

I gulped, feeling surprisingly like a child in trouble.

For some reason I felt like, for the first time ever, that I actually did something wrong; but I couldn't remember what.

"out" I mumbled.

Sehun's eyes narrowed as he stepped closer until he was less than a few feet away.

"Alone?" He asked, but his tone suggested that he already had a good idea who I was with.

i shook my head. "No I was with..." I cut off from my sentence, realising that it would be a bad idea to mention Kai.

However I knew that Sehun already had me.

"With Jongin?" The way he said Kai's name, not spiteful but more hurt.

i couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes, so I simply nodded.

it was silent for a couple of seconds before Sehun sighed heavily.

To my surprise he didn't yell, but instead grabbed my shoulders, turned me around and manoeuvred me towards the kitchen.

"Well then, let's get you some food. I'm guessing all that Kai fed you was ice-cream"

i turned to him with surprise. "How did you know?"

Sehun shrugged, kicking open the kitchen door and pushing me towards the island.

"Because it's a typical thing for Kai to do. I don't know a single girl who he hasn't taken for something gooey like ice cream, picknics, or cute cafe's. Don't be fooled, he plays the game well, straight to the goal of a girls heart through cuteness and cute food"

"Oh" was all I could say.

i was a little bit shocked. Kai seemed too innocent to be like tht. Sehun maybe, but not Kai.

Then again, perhaps I only thought that because I too had been played?

the thought was rather depressing.

Wanting distraction I looked around the kitchen, only to see cutlery and open packets of food lying around.

"Did you already cook" I asked?

Sehun nodded his head from the cupboards as he pulled out some rice pancakes.

"for us both?" I aske guiltily.

"yep. That's why I wanted to know when you'd come home, so I'd have a meal prepared for you because I already know you're too lazy to make you're own food. Guess I got rejected because of Jongin again" he said it with a smile, but there was no denying the hurt in his eyes.

My stomach twisted with guilt, but also surprise. 

Sehun was being nice again.

"Luckily I did save some" he said with a smile.

i couldn't help but smile a little. I won't deny that I love Sehun's cooking.

i watched tentatively as Sehun heated up the food and prepared the plates and drink.

"here we are" he exclaimed when the food was done, placing the small dishes around me in an arc.

he grabbed some chopsticks, wrapping up rice and vegetables in the pancakes before holding up the wrap in front of me.

"eat" he instructed. 

A few weeks ago I would have slapped the offer away, suspicious that Sehun had tampered with the food. Now I didn't even hesitate, allures by the sweet aroma.

i gave a sigh of approval, giving him a thumbs up as I chewed.

he chuckled lightly, making another wrap. He patiently waited until I had finished the first one before feeding me the next.

i realise halfway through the wrap that Sehun was staring at me. Not because there was no where else to look, but because it seemed like he wanted to. 

He was smiling gently, his features soft and his eyes warm.

i chewed slower, suddenly distracted by...well him.

distracted by the rare smile on his face, the warm feel of his gaze, his citrusy scent which I could smell over the food.

the sudden realisation swept over me.

he was mine.

this boy in front of me who I wasn't sure whether I liked or hated was mine. 

He was my future husband, the future father to be children and the sculpterer of my life.

this god like human was all mine, at least for now.

My thoughts were sharply interrupted by memories of Jongin, and my heart tore at the sudden struggle between the two boys.

sure I wasn't falling for them both!

Surely I wasn't falling for either of them!

suddenly I wasn't so sure.

Fisturbed by my thoughts I took the chopsticks from Sehun's hand, a lot more rude than I ha intended.

"I can feed myself" I mumbled.

For a second he looked confused and surprised, but his expression quickly softened and he smiled once gain.

i nearly choked at its...beauty?

that was such a cheesy line.

"Drink" Sehun instructed.

okay now I was confused.

less than a few hours ago we were irritating each other.

How come now, despite my abrupt rudeness, he was still being kind.

Why was he smiling?

why was he...acting like my fiancé?

still, i obediently drank.

when I finished my meal Sehun took the plates and quickly put them in the dish wahser. 

"Well...good night" i said awkwardly, confused at myself because I was tired but I didn't want to leave Sehun.

before I said or did something irrational I decided to quickly leave.

however before I even had the chance to close the door behind me a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around me.

i could feel his breth tickle my neck as he bustled his face into my hair, his warmth enveloping me like a force of its own.

on instinct I tried breaking free, but stopped in my pathetic attempts against Sehun's strength.

he hugged me tighter, and for some crazy reason I realise I didn't mind.

"Just a few seconds longer" he murmured.

something in his voice convinced me, and so I obediently stood still, taking in his warmth and scent before he pulled away.

why did I feel like it didn't last long enough?

He stepped in front of me and faced me, cupping my face firmly in his hands and lifting my head slightly to face him.

my heartbeat quickened, a swarm of surprise thoughts flying through my head head.

i could feel y palms become clamy like they always is when I was nervous, but I didn't bother struggling from his grasp.

Sehun's expression was intense, his eyes burning into mine with a new emotion I hadn't seen before. It wasn't annoyance or remote interest. It was something more.

something new.

but then it was gone, replaced by the soft expression he wore earlier.

"after school, tomorrow, wait for me at the car park. I'm booking you early, so don't even think about escaping with Jongin, okay?" He warned in a teasing voice.

and then he released me from his warm, steel grip, disappearing into his room.

i stood there like an idiot, still taking it in. 

Did we have a date?

A/N- yay I updated!!!!! Bet you all missed me! I've been so busy with exams, especially spanish. It's such a hard language to learn. So that's my excuse for neglecting you all. I'm so sorry! I'll definitely try harder with updating. Also I did the last chapter half asleep and I've realised it was pretty bad, so if you get a notification for another update on this story it will be because I've edited the previous chapter and sorry for the typing errors in this chapter! It's late so I'll tidy it up as soon as I can. Gamsahamnida~AlviinK