Chapter 7

The Arranged Marriage.

I was struggling to find words to say. My mind was failing me as the bubble inside of me that had been growing for a while now felt as if it was going to burst with rage. I did a quick sweep around the room. The maids were looking away. The eldest son was eating his meal as if nothing had happened. The Oh's were awaiting my answer with eager expressions, along with my mother. Dad, however, had a more wary expression and was waiting for me to explode as if ı were a ticking bomb. Had everybody known but me? The emotionless expression of Sehun's face told me so.

My hands were balled into fists, hidden in the ruffles of my dress as they shook in my lap. "Excuse me" ı said, forcing myself to keep my tone flat. I had decided it would be better for me to go outside before ı started throwing things in frustration. One of the maids ran after me when ı reached the foyer. I yelled at her until she went away, looking as if she was about to cry. But ı was too mad to feel sorry at the present moment. I stormed outside but stopped when ı reached the middle of the icy road and looked up to our house. Right now, it looked so unwelcoming.

My exposed shoulders were covered in goose bumps, but my body trembled for a different reason as tears shook my frame. It had been a while since ı had cried, but still the silent sobs came, accompanied by the occasional hiccup. Though ı knew it was selfish and ungrateful, and there are plenty of people in worse situations than ı was, ı couldn't help thinking why me? Why did everything always seem to go wrong for me? My knees felt like collapsing and ı fell into a crouch, shivering and sobbing. I hadn't heard footsteps approach until there was the sudden warmth of the inside of a velvet jacket. It stopped the shivering and smelt of cologne and fire places. It was quite calming actually.

"Go inside" came the all too familiar voice of Sehun. "I don't want to" ı replied, my voice still trembling. I hated it for trembling in front of Sehun. "Just go. It's too cold out here" he said in a tired voice, implying that he didn't have time to argue with me like a parent would to a stubborn child. "Did you know too, about it?" I asked, clutching my hands together. I heard him sigh behind me. "Does it matter now?" I suddenly stood up, setting my mouth in a grim line and shrugging off the jacket. He caught it before it hit the ground. "I'm leaving" ı said curtly before turning and walking up the street. "Yah! Moon Jess-ssi!" He called after me, but ı continued to walk away.

The next hour or so went by in a blur. At one point ı was swallowed up and trapped by my thoughts, until a fog spread through my mind and ı temporarily lost the ability to think. I fell asleep at a local bar. When ı awoke ı was tucked into bed. My head hurt and ı could even smell the alcohol on myself, which was a first. Groaning ı covered my face with my hands and slept for five more hours. The second time ı awoke ı knew ı should really get up. I took a warm shower, until my skin wrinkled like raisins and then dressed into a large jumper and some woolly leggings, tucking my hair into a pony tail. The dress was ruined after ı had slept in it. Mum would probably scold me about it later so ı left the dress on the floor for the maids to deal with.

Downstairs the lighting was too harsh and ı groaned, rubbing my eyes. ı went into the kitchen to get a drink, not sure whether butler Park was there or not but ı didn't care enough to look. My mother walked in and jumped. "Oh you scared me!" She placed her hand to her heart like the over dramatic person she was. I glared at her. She her teeth. "Aish look at your state. Crazy girl. Showing us up like that, especially to Sehun. Brought you home drunk, he did. The poor soul" she continued to look disgusted in me before my dad walked in, dressed up in his business suit like always. He picked the news paper off the table. "Leave her alone and go" he said gently to my mum. This was a side of my dad ı had never seen before. I had expected him to give me hell for storming out last night, not mum.

My mum shook her head at me some more before they both left. However ı would not be swayed by their kindness. On the other hand ı was caught on something she had said. Sehun had brought me home? Really? Doubtful. He wouldn't have tucked me into bed either, would he? Though it had been something my mum had never done to me as a child and ı was sure the maids wouldn't dare. I shook the thoughts out of my mind. Whatever. I didn't care. It didn't make a single one of them better people.

Throughout the week ı made as much protests ı could. I got into countless arguments with my mum. When we bumped into the S.S family outside on the street ı stalked off without ushering a single word. I would either come home drunk (I wasnt old enough to drink yet, but you could do anything with the right amount of money) or not at all, sleeping at a sauna which was a new and slightly weird experience. However when none of that worked, not even when ı came home smelling of cigarettes (of course ı didn't actually smoke, but my friends did), ı decided to take a more drastic action. I packed my bags on thursday night, and prepared my passport. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves ı sneaked through the house at six in the morning, when everyone was still asleep, stealthily like a ninja so none of the maids on their early shift would notice, and took a taxi to the airport. Barcelona here ı come.