Chapter 40

The Arranged Marriage.

No exaggeration when I say I nearly clawed the dress off of my body.

Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ewwww.

I wondered what dark magic Sehun must have used to convince me to actually try on such an abomonation. I mean, what was this? Who was I turning into to actually wear a dress, without my mothers involvement?

I was not a happy bunny right now.

When I was finally changed into something normal and not cringe-worthy, I exited the changing rooms with the dress carelessly draped over my arm.

Sehun stood up as I appeared. For some reason the sight of him sent a flock of butterflies free in my stomach.

"You're done?" he asked. I nodded curtly. The assistant came to take the dress off of me. I didn't bother to give her a polite bow. I had no time.

"Well, i'm going now" I said to Sehun.

He opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something. i could almost hear the words on the tip of his tongue. But then he shut his mouth and smirked slightly.

"It was nice seeing you in dresses. You should do it again sometime" he said, smirking with an eyebrow raised cheekily.

Annoying.

I rolled my eyes and stalked past him and out of the store, where my bodyguards were waiting for me.

They bowed to me respectively before quickly taking position sat both of my flanks. Jeez, they needed to calm down a bit. I wasn't going to try to run away anymore. I had already had all the fun I could with them.

"Let's go" I said to them with a sigh.

Even though I was infront, they sort of led the way out of the building. I was expecting to feel relieved to some degree because I was finally able to escape from Sehun, but I just felt kind of sad. Must be the after effects of wearing a dress. Numerous dresses. The thought sent shivers down my spine.

When we arrived at my parents head quarters we were led straight up to my fathers office without a second thought. I could almost feel the stairs from the people we passed by.

Yes that's right. It's me. The spoilt princess who get's to marry South Korea's golden prince. The girl who deserves none of the privilages she get's.

I've heard it all before. I didn't need to hear it in their whispers or stares.

But I did. And I pretended like none of it mattered. Because it didn't.

My father was stood leaning against his desk, staring out of the window. He did this occasionally, like he would zone out. I didn't know why though. Not that I knew much about him anyway.

"I'm here" I announced after a second of awkward silence on my behalf.

My father turned around and to my surprise he smiled lightly. 

I didn't know why I was called here, but my parents always found one thing or another about me to moan at, so I wasn't expecting anything pleasent.

I might be wrong.

"Ji Yoon-ah, hello" he greeted me. Normally he would skip the greetings and go straight to lecturing me. this was a nice change.

Unsure what to do I bowed to him slightly. My dad was quite stiff in his Korean traditions. Even when we were little he would make me and Kyle bow to any elder in greeting. 

"I hear you were at S.S mall today?" he asked before adding, "with Sehun?"

Oh god. I knew it was too good to be true.

Of course this would be about Sehun. That's the only reason he was being nice, in hope that I wouldn't enter a rage.

I narrowed my eyes at him and could almost see my own expression lose interest. I nodded my head curtly as an answer.

My father sighed and stood up stright, fiddling with the gold globe on his desk. 

Awkward.

"I'm glad to see you're getting along" he began to say.

"We're not" I interupted, my voice sharp and short.

"Of course not" my father said with an almost amused chuckle.

"Well, I suppose I should go stright to the subject" he said with a sigh, adjusting his black suit. His entire outfit cost a couple of million won I bet.

My ears pricked up, sed to my dad being so direct. Honestly the pleasentries seemed odd and unfamilair to me. I disliked them truthfully. It was better between me and my dad to be more direct.

"You're wedding is scheduled for the first of March" he announced in his business voice. His voice that let me know that there was no changing what he said and that he was deadly serious.

I remained silent for a few seconds, trying to understand what he had just said.

The first of March. But..."That's almost a month away!" I suddenly yelled in protestion.

My father didn't even flinch at my yelling. He was used to it by now.

"And you're lucky. Some arranged marriage's happen in less time than that" he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, like back in the 1600's!" 

My father sighed deeply before sitting at his desk. "You knew you were getting married anyway. I don't see why you're so surprised, or angry."

Oh, that old man was pushing his limits.

He didn't know why I was so angry?!

Rediculous. He knows very well why.

"But, I don't like him! I won't like Sehun enough to marry him in a little more than a month!" I exclaimed, anger pulsating throughout my body. I could almost hear my own pulse.

"A lot can happen in a month" my father answered bluntly.

"But..." I began to protest, but my father held his hand up. Almost on reflex I stopped speaking. i had been raised to respect other people. Well, the rich at least.

"My decision is final. you know there's no point in arguing with me" my father said. "You're dismissed."
The bodyguards apopeared at my side to lead me away, but in my anger I stormed out of the office without them, kicing a nearby plant to ventilate some anger. It wobbled and fell overm, making a few people turn to look.

"I am not marrying him!" I exclaimed behind me, loud enough for my father to hear.

I won't marry Sehun.

I don't want to.

RIght?

A/N-Okay I know it's short but it gives you some information. like for example, the date for the wedding is finaly set. The 1st of Marchl. And yes I know thats in the past but oh well. I'll try to do better with the next chapter but I am really busy with tests. However i'll upgrade as soon as possible. Don't forget to suscribe and leave a COMMENT! Gamsahamnida~AlviinK.