Chapter 16

The Arranged Marriage.

Sehun was in the living room, sprawled out on one of the sofas and watching TV as if it was his house. I sat down in the sofa opposite and glared (ı wasn't staring!) at him until he finally noticed me. He turned down the volume and raised an eyebrow at me. "Do you want anything?" He asked. I my teeth before sighing and saying, "if were going to live together, then we'll need some rules." Sehun smirked, sitting up and facing me properly. "Like what?" He asked. I pondered for a moment. "Well, firstly don't eat my food." He chuckled. "The eggs you ate were mine, so you've already broken the first rule." I narrowed my eyes at him and stuck out my tongue. "That doesn't count."

He chuckled and slouched in the sofa. "And secondly?" "Don't touch my laundry, or anything else that belongs to me. In fact don't even get in my way. It'll be easier if we completely ignore each other" ı said coolly. He raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry, ı didn't intend to anyway." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, and the bedrooms mine." He scoffed, smirking stupidly. "Says who?"

"Me" ı snapped. "Well ı was here first, so it's mine" he said stubbornly. "No it's not" ı said frowning. "Well ı'm sleeping in there. So unless you want to join me, ı suggest you use the spare room" he retaliated. I narrowed my eyes again at him. It wasn't usual that someone would persist so much to me. Usually they would give up after taking a sniff at my stubbornness and hostility. But Sehun just had that stupid smirk on his face and a challenge in his eyes. "I'll get there first then" ı snapped. He chuckled lightly. "Who say's that'll stop me. Our bedroom door doesn't have a lock you know."

For some reason ı blushed. Suddenly enraged and flustered ı chucked the nearest cushion at him. It hit his face with a satisfactory thud. I got up and stormed into the bedroom to get my luggage, before entering the spare bedroom and slamming the door shut. I laid face first onto my bed and punched the pillow again and again, wishing it was Sehun's face. After a while ı got bored of just staring at the white bedroom. Hesitantly ı got up and peaked through the door crack. The living room was clear. I opened the door further and walked into the living room, on alert as if ı expected to be ambushed. After a moment of looking out for Sehun, ı sank blissfully into the leather sofa and switched on the TV, resting my head against a fluffy pillow that smelt like the citrus shower gel Sehun used.

I don't know how long ı laid there, but it was long enough for me to fall asleep, hugging my knees to my chest to remain warm. When ı woke up ı was no longer in the living room but curled up in the blankets of the main bedroom. I quickly sat up and looked around the room. Sehun wasn't here, but his luggage still was. I frowned. How had ı gotten here? Unless Sehun had carried me here. But he wouldn't have. He said the room was his. I peered at the digital clock on the side. It's two in the morning. Had ı really been asleep that long? I knew why ı had awoken. My throat was like sand paper and ı desperately needed a drink. Forgetting the mystery of how ı had moved, ı slipped out of the bed. I was still dressed in my day clothes, minus my hoodie and socks. The wooden floor was warm against my bare feet.

Silently ı opened the bedroom door and tiptoed across the living room towards the kitchen. Being so silent in the black of the night made me feel like a ninja. I poured myself a glass of ice cold water and sipped it slowly, staring out of the large glass windows to the surrounding buildings of Seoul. It was a spectacular view. Against the black sky tall buildings were lit up like christmas lights, the streets below still busy with cars though it was very late. I tipped the rest of the water into the sink and walked out of the kitchen. Then ı suddenly wondered where Sehun could be. Soundless, ı approached the spare bedroom and opened the door just a crack. Quickly scanning the room, my eyes fell upon a long lump under the covers on the bed. I squinted and made out Sehun's expression less face. No, it wasn't expression less but peaceful, something ı had never seen on Sehun before. Then ı mentally scolded myself for thinking Sehun to be better than the annoying jerk he is. However ı couldn't shake the grateful feeling ı had towards him for moving me into the main bedroom, though he had refused to earlier. I frowned, a lump forming in my throat and butterflies swarming my stomach for no apparent reason. Get a grip Jess, ı thought fiercely to myself. Why was ı suddenly feeling like this? I closed the door, leaving it on it's latch so it wouldn't click and awake Sehun. However on my way back to my room the unmistakeable click of the door echoed from behind me as it shut.

I almost jumped out of my skin, covering my mouth with my hand to prevent a scream and staring wide eyed at the darkness behind me. With my heart racing ı quickly went back to the safety of my room and covered myself with the blankets. Only afterwards did ı realise that Sehun may have been awake. In the morning when ı awoke ı found the apartment deserted. Checking the clock ı realised it was past midday. I frowned. I really needed to get my sleeping schedule sorted out. After washing ı went into the kitchen, where ı found a bright green sticky note for me stuck to the fridge. I peeled it off and read what ı'm guessing was Sehun's handwriting. "I've gone to my classes. There's Ramyun in the cupboards. Eat well" it read. I scoffed before scrunching up the paper and flicking it into the air to land somewhere. Did he think ı was some sort of child? I didn't need him to tell me where the food was. And what was it to him if ı ate Ramyun or not? Trying to boss me about. I dragged myself to the living room, staring at the grim looking sky outside.

A fine spray of rain fell upon the streets of Seoul, making me slouch further into the sofa and stay there the entire day. When Sehun returned ı was, of course, asleep. "Yah, Jess-ssi!" I woke up to his pestering voice, my shoulders being shook violently. When ı opened my eyes his face was level with mine, his eyes darting back and forth across my face. I rubbed my eyes with fists, yawning slightly. "How cute" came Sehun's dry voice. I opened my eyes again and was about to glare at him until ı realised just how close he was. Fighting back my blush, ı shoved his hands off of my shoulders and cleared my throat, leaning as far back into the sofa as ı could. He smirked and straightened up, fixing his collar in the process.

"When did you get back?" I asked after an uncomfortable moment of silence. "Ten minutes ago. But how much of a heavy sleeper are you? I thought you'd fallen un-concious" he nagged, sounding like a mother. I glared at him. "Who sleeps at this time anyway? And, yah! Have you seen all this mess? Do we live with animals or something?!" He continued, standing up to show me the 'mess' ı had made on the coffee table. I glanced at my tub of Ramyun, empty bowl of what had been Kimchi and the two glasses on the coffee table before glaring at him again. "Are you serious? Is that what you call mess?" I asked sceptic ally. "What else could ı call it? It's ridiculous. How messy can one person be?" He snapped. I snorted before standing up and tusking at him. "Yah, stop nagging! Aish, you're worse then my mum. Exactly who's supposed to be the wife?" I muttered the last part to myself before pushing past him and retreating to my room.

For the rest of the week, ı discovered Sehun was nothing more than an annoying neat freak who may or may not have OCD. My coat and hoodies must be hung up. My shoes must be tidy. I have to wash the dishes straight after they've been used (and by that ı mean load the dishwasher.) He even expected me to tidy my stuff, or things ı've touched! When he told me to clean my room ı snapped. "Stop being an old lady!" I yelled, throwing the duster at his face before storming into my room and staying there for the rest of the night. After that day ı tried to avoid him whenever ı could, which meant an even more messed up sleeping schedule. But ı didn't care. I would sacrifice my entire day if it meant avoiding Sehun. He was just too difficult to live with.