Chapter 6

The Arranged Marriage.

When ı returned home, it was little after six o'clock and my eyelids were already feeling heavy. The lingering taste of my cookie ice-cream occasionally sent shivers down my spine as ı trudged upstairs and to my bedroom. With my eyes only half open ı walked across my room and landed with a bounce on my bed. The mattress moulded to my body and welcomed me to sleep. However my nose twitched as ı smelt the air. Something was off. Sitting up, ı sniffed the air some more before finally opening my eyes. I looked around the room until a colourful bouquet caught my eye. Dragging my self out of bed I went to examine the flowers. The purple flowers made my head feel like exploding as ı sneezed multiple times. Just my luck, ı was allergic to Lilies.

"Maid!" I yelled, covering my nose with my arm. A young maid ran into the room. "Throw them away, quickly" ı instructed, turning back to my bed. "They are from..." She began to say before ı broke her off. "I don't care who they're from! Just do your job and do what ı said" ı snapped before landing back into bed. She silently left the room. A while later ı was woken up when someone burst into my room and pulled away my covers. I moaned and rolled across the bed, trying to find their warmth once more. "Ah, what is it?" I moaned, covering my face with my hands. "Aish, this girl. Yah! Are you going to get married by acting like this! Just look at you sleeping when you do nothing all day" my mothers unique nagging voice made it to my ears. I moaned again, sounding more like ı was in pain. "Yah! Are you not getting up?!" My mum pulled me up by the arm and hit me on my arm.

"Ah why?" I mumbled, rubbing my tingling skin. My parents had never had a problem with my bizarre sleeping schedule before. "Get ready. And for christ sake change your outfit!" She instructed. I had a different taste to my mum. Where as she preferred skirts ı liked shorts. Where as she thought dresses were pretty ı thought a large jumper or hoodie and some jeans were better. Right now my clothes were all crumpled from sleep, so ı wouldn't be able to wear them anyway even if ı wanted to. "Where are we going?" I asked, too tired to say ı didn't want to go and get into an argument. "Out" she said before leaving the room. Well duh. That was not a helpful answer.

Ten minutes later ı was dressed in a peach dress that ended just before my knees, along with some white flats ı would probably never wear again. A short while later Bobby, my hair stylist, was done curling my hair, along with the make up artist. As ı followed my mother outside, ı wondered why we were dressed up so nice. Even dad was wearing a new suit. To my surprise we didn't take the car, or if we did ı was far too tired to notice. It was a battle to keep my eyes open. Soon we were inside a building. It was well lit and the foyer was lavishly decorated with thick carpets and heavy curtains. We were led to a large sitting room, the kind to have odd sculptures of animals as decoration and those large leather sofas that looked like two seater's but were far too big. The colour scheme seemed to be brown and gold, which reminded me of toffee for some odd reason.

"Ah, welcome to our home. Mr. Moon, and the two ladies" came a deep and smooth voice. I looked up and forced myself to pay attention to what was going on. It was as if ı had been asleep with my eyes open for ı hadn't noticed the people standing in front of us before. I quietly took a sharp intake of breath as ı saw Oh Sehun. He was dressed in a black suit with his hair slicked up in a quiff. His brother stood next to him, looking as scary as he had the first time ı had seen him. Sehun must have noticed me looking as he looked up, but ı quickly turned away and gave my greetings to his parents after the subtle prod on my back from my mum. I flinched. She had just had her nails done, and they were sharp. "I hope you were complimented with the flowers we sent you" his wife said. I tried to maintain my smile. Flowers?

"Flowers?" My father repeated my thought. "Ah yes. We sent Lilies" madame Oh explained. Now ı remembered. My dad raised an eyebrow at me. He too knew of my allergy. "She didn't mention them" he informed the Oh's. "Yes. Thank you so much for them. I felt very complimented" ı said politely and bowed. Looking at the madame's genuine smile ı felt a tad bit bad for throwing them away. "Shall we go eat?" President Oh said. We followed the S.S family to their grand dining room.

A crackling fire was lit at the fire place on the far side of the room. It all reminded me of a country house. The house had such a warm feel to it compared to our glossy modern one. We took our seats. Coincidentally Sehun was sat opposite to me. I didn't bother to hide my glum-ness, which earned me quite a few hard stares from my parents. "You don't drink?" Sehun asked sceptic-ally as ı asked for water. I tried not to look rude as his father was watching. "I don't like the taste of wine" ı explained. "Really?" He said, surprised and raising his eyebrow. I could see the corner of his mouth turn up in that annoying, superior smirk. However now there were people around he wasn't speaking to me as if he was my sunbea. Which he wasn't, really.

"So, Sehun. I hear you are going to go study soon?" My father asked him. I reached over for my drink. "Yes. I hope to study business and marketing" Sehun says. I stopped myself from snorting into my water. How typical of an S.S son, even if he wasn't the successor. "Ah, that's good. Our jessica is also starting her studies soon. I almost choked on my drink. "I am?" I said in surprise as ı wiped my upper lip with my thumb. My father frowned.

"Of course. I think it's about time since its been over four months since you've graduated highschool" he explained with forced kindness. I frowned and stared sulkily at my steak. I had enjoyed not going to school for a while. Not to mention if ı was going to study here, then we would be staying in Seoul for a lot longer than ı had hoped. Or at least ı am.

Sehun scoffed slightly from the other side of the table so only ı could hear. I shot him a glare. Clearly he thought ı was some dumb girl. It was quiet around the table for a moment. "Ah, Jessica. We also have something else important for you to know, regarding your future" my dad said. I looked up from my food, slightly surprised that he seemed a little nervous. "What is it?" I asked. I didn't miss the quick glance he gave Sehun, who's face remained emotionless across the table. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. Just what was going on exactly?

"We think" suddenly came the booming voice of President Oh. It made me jump slightly in my seat. "That it would be best, for both our companies as well as our families, for you to be married" the President explained. My eyes were now narrowed and ı knew ı was reflecting it in my mood. "To Sehun" my dad finished. It felt as if the air in my throat was choking me as ı struggled to interpret his words. My hands were shaking so badly that ı accidentally knocked my glass over. A maid hurried to mop it up. Unconsciously ı looked at Sehun. My dislike for him grew more as ı saw his plain, almost bored expression. He stared back me, and ı could almost see a challenge in his eyes.