Chapter 10

The Arranged Marriage.

The next day ı got a call from my dad's secretary. "The chairman is requesting for you to be at his office by lunch time, Miss. Moon" Secretary Cha informed me. I sighed. "Tell him ı can't. I'm busy, with an...appointment" ı made up. I tried not to be rude to Secretary Cha, unlike the way ı acted towards other employees. Secretary Cha had been a sort of guardian as ı grew up and therefore was an important person in my life. "He persists" Secretary Cha said. Noticing my pause he added, "don't worry, it's not about the marriage." I smiled gratefully and thanked him. Secretary Cha knew me well.

I checked the digital clock. I had only woken up ten minutes ago, and it wasn't long until lunch time. Sighing, ı dragged myself to the closet to get ready. Within the hour ı was stood, looking up at the tall building of Royal fashion headquarters. It was made of glass and metal, unbelievably shiny. I squinted, looking away before ı would get a stain in my vision. What on earth could ı be wanted here for? Taking a deep breath ı walked inside the pristine building. The receptionist sent me straight up to the top floor. The people in the waiting room stared at me as ı walked by. Without bothering to knock ı pushed open the large, silver doors and walked into my dads office. He seemed to know it was me because he didn't even blink when ı barged in.

I quickly glanced around the room. It was large and rectangular. My dads desk stood at the far end whilst a long meeting table, lined with leather chairs, filled up the middle of the room. The left wall was lined with bookshelves whilst the right led out onto a balcony that over looked the high end streets of Seoul. A few plants and pictures served as decoration. "What is it?" I asked icily. He took my hostile gaze as a greeting and smiled. "Sit" he instructed me. I sighed and sat in the chair opposite his desk. "Make it quick" ı snapped. He merely smiled and pushed a button.

"Yes chairman?" Came Secretary Cha's voice. "Send them in" my dad instructed. Send who? I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. A couple of minutes later the large doors opened. I turned to see three women, all dressed in matching black suits. "Ji Yoon ah" my dad called my korean name. Since our parents grew up in different countries, me and Kyle were given two names. My dad chose our Korean ones whilst mum picked our English names. Kyle's korean name was Ji Hoon. However ı disliked mine and preferred Jessica Moon. Only my dad called me Ji Yoon. "They will be your body guards" my dad informed me. I stared at him in surprise. "Ah, why?" I asked. He spun the miniature globe on his desk. "For protection...and we can't have an elderly butler chasing after you constantly. I need to think about the health of my employees" he explained. I rolled my eyes, but then frowned slightly.

He knew me more than ı thought. It was clear he thought ı would think of running away now ı knew of the marriage. Shame he had been a step too late. Almost. With a sigh ı said, "fine." He stopped spinning the globe and raised an eyebrow at me. "Really? You're agreeing? Just like that?" I shrugged. "Guess so."

He clapped his hands and smiled in relief. "Brilliant. They'll start today then." Then he looked at me seriously. "And don't bother going around and causing trouble or getting any funny ideas. They'll report to me everyday" he warned. I smiled innocently. "Of course not." I stood up and the three guards bowed and greeted me. With that ı left the building with my dad in a good mood, thinking he had won and gotten away with it easily. However he had not. Over the next week ı decided to stretch the legs on my new toys. I jumped at every opportunity ı could to get into trouble, and watched in amusement as the guards cleared it up each time smoothly, like professionals.

I also tried to run off countless times, including slipping myself out of a public bathroom window. However they were smart and well informed, catching me everytime. I had to say, ı was impressed. Though, at first ı did not make it easy for them. I pushed them to work hard, resulting in them watching me warily like three hawks en case ı sprang again each day. It was overly amusing. However soon ı got called back to my dads office, where ı got scolded. It lasted a while, but ı was finally let go. A large part of me felt amused and satisfied at my fathers reaction. I had won again. However a part of me, a small one, felt guilty. I had disappointed him once again, and crushed his hope of returning to the good little girl ı had once been.

That's right, ı wasn't always so disobeying. I had in fact once been the ideal daughter for a wealthy and important family like ours. My rebellion had started when graduation approached, and ı don't actually know why ı changed so much. However the change was quick and drastic, and my parents still weren't used to it. Neither was ı to tell the truth, sometimes surprising even myself. I took the lift down, alone. My body guards knew there was no where ı could run to inside the headquarters. I wasn't planning on running away again anyway, so they could relax. I had achieved my goal and annoyed my father. There was no need to make them run around like chickens anymore.

However ı stopped and stared when ı reached the entrance. Sehun walked through the doors with someone else by his side. His secretary ı'm guessing. Why would he be here? Taking a deep breath ı continued to walk towards them, not to talk to him but because he was blocking the exit. We met eyes. "How nice to see you here" he greeted me pleasantly when ı was within hearing distance. That stupid smirk was plastered across his face. "The feeling's not mutual" ı snapped, my shoulder brushing past him. He chuckled. Why did ı get a weird feeling in my chest when ı went past him? It was like ı had been nervous. I shook my head. Whatever, ı don't care.

The driver held the door open for me and ı stepped inside the car without a word, glaring at Sehun's back until the car pulled away. That Saturday my mum came into my room. I hadn't been in that day, deciding to visit Kyle, but when ı came back she was sat on my bed, staring out of the window. "Omma?" I said wearily, wondering if she was okay. She turned to me and smiled. I relaxed in response. "Oh, honey, you're back?" She said. I nodded, opening my closet so ı could go in and hang up my coat. "What's up?" I called to her, finally emerging from the miniature room. She sighed and stood up, making strained noises people her age always did when they had to changed position.

"Ah my back" she complained before doing a little stretch and turning to me. Her critical eyes looked me up and down and she 'tusked' at my outfit. "You'll need to get ready. We have an important event tonight and it's important you look good" she said to me, shaking her head once more at my outfit. I sighed and opened my closet. "Go ahead, pick something."

She shook her head again. "Wear this." She handed me another white box, tied with a bow. "Oh, is it new?" I questioned, frowning at the box. "The Oh's bought it for you, so you must wear it" she said. I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously and didn't take the box. "Are they going to be there?" She brushed my question aside. "Just put it on so they can get started on your hair" she said. There was definitely something the old woman wasn't telling me about. I crossed my arms.

"No, ı'm not going until you tell me they're not." She her teeth and whacked my arm. I gave a little yelp. "Omma!" I rubbed my bare skin. "Aish you rascal!" She raised her hand again and ı almost ran away. "Just put it on!" She yelled. Obediently ı took the box from her, standing at an arms length away en case it was a trick and ı'd get hit again. Though ı could stand up to my dad, it was different with my mum. My dad had power to make me go, but mum was so scary when she was mad that ı obeyed usually after the second try.

With a disgusted face ı held up the dress. It wasn't too long, just a bit over knee length. The strap went over one shoulder whilst lacing tied in the middle, decorated with a few small diamonds. The dress was white and ı scoffed. What were they trying to do, symbolise purity or something? I laughed to myself at the thought and got dressed. For once ı wore heels, or shall ı say my mum glared at me until ı put them on. I would never wear heels by choice. Bobby curled my hair, my purple locks framing my face. When the make up was finished ı was given a white blazer to wear, and then led to the car. Even our driver looked smarter than usual. I frowned, still thinking there was something suspicious about the entire 'event' we were going to.