Chapter 57

The Arranged Marriage.

Kai

I left Ji Yoon on the balcony, every fibre in my body wanting to go back and embrace her and tell her I'm sorry and that I want her, I want her all to myself. But she wasn't, isn't mine to have.

“Jongin-ah” my mother suddenly appeared, stopping me in my tracks.

 

“Jiyoon-ssi is here. Have you spoken to her?” She asked.

I nodded, not answering her properly because my mum isn't exactly who I want to speak about Jessica to.

“Well, Sehun is here as well. You should see him”

“Omma-” I began to protest, but she cut me off.

“He's your best friend. You should speak to him of all people at a time like this”

And as if he had been called, he emerged from the crowd, his eyes meeting mine and freezing him to his spot.

My mother followed my gaze, and then looked back at me with a raised eyebrow. “Speak to him. That's me telling you to” she said, trying to be stern but failing because she's a big softie.

 

I sighed, intending to ignore her until she pushed me towards him, and now I couldn't turn away because it would be too awkward.

I approached him slowly, and he suddenly had a fight or flee look in his eyes. “I'm not going to pounce on you” I said, trying to break the ice.

He scoffed. “Do I look scared?” He asked sarcastically. I just shrugged.

“You look nervous”

“You look stupid” he snapped, as if he couldn't help himself.

 

I couldn't help it, and a small smile made the edges of my mouth quiver.

 

“Come on. Let's go sit down” I said, gesturing to a an empty table.

 

He nodded and we walked side by side to the table, sitting down opposite eachother.

 

For a moment it was just silent.

 

"I'm sorry for..." he began but I held up a hand to stop him.

 

"Thanks, but seriously, I think my ears will bleed if I hear another person say it to me" I said. He smiled and nodded.

 

"She's yours" I finally said. He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Officially. Jiyoon...is yours"

 

He sighed, not meeting my gaze. "It shouldn't have turned out like this. I didn't want to compete with you" he said, looking at his hands.

 

"We were both played with before. It's not that surprising that we acted the way that we did with Jessica" I said.

 

He chuckled. "Kim Jong In, always the voice of wisdom"

 

"You're a brother to me, you know" I said softly.

 

He looks at me suspiciously. "What is it?" he says.

 

I sigh. "I'm moving to China with my sister. I'll be inheriting the company now. They've appointed me to the Chinese office" I say.

 

He looks at me with narrowed eyes. "But, you can't just leave" he said.

 

"I think it'll be good for me. For us all. And it probably won't be permanent. Just a few years" A few years seemed a long time now that I said it aloud.

 

"Have you told Jinae?" he asks. I shake my head.

 

"Chicken" he teases, breaking the tension. I smile.

 

"I have a favour to ask of you first" Sehun says.

 

I nod for him to explain.

 

"I want you to be my best man" he says.

 

For a second i'm surprised, but then a smile melts onto my face. "Anything for you, brother"

 

Relief washes over his face and he claps me over she shoulder, his face breaking into a smile as he laughs in relief.

 

And just like that, the barrier was broken. I had my best friend back.

 

The rest of the boys arrived quickly afterwards. CHanyeol of course had the most dramatic reaction when I told them that I was moving, but the mood was cheered up quickly by the best man news.

 

Jiyoon arrived. Sehun shared a knowing glance with me, and I knew that I wasn't ready to tell her yet. Thankfully the rest of the boys got the message also and no one mentioned it to her. Suho was keeping Chanyeol on a tight leash.

Sehun did however tell her that I was the best man.

 

She looked at me in surprise and then smiled, holding onto my hand fro the briefest of moments. "I'm happy. I want you to be there" she said softly.

 

And I didn't feel heartbroken like I thought I would be.

I was happy.

 

Jinae was finally happy. Sehun was my bestfriend, and I had a new adventure ahead of me.

We were all happy, and I realised that this was how it was meant to be.

 

She was my true love, but this is how it was meant to be.

 

"I want to be there" I said. "For you both"

 

A/N-So we're finally coming to an end. Sorry for my absence. My school life is just so hectic this year, I didnt realise how hard it was going to be. The next few chapters will just be wrapping everything up, tying up any loose ends. And of course the wedding, but first...the proposal! I hope you will anticipate the next update eagerly. Dont forget to comment, I miss you guys, and sorry for the short chapter, the next one should be better. Gamsahamnida~ALviinK.