Chapter 11

The Arranged Marriage.

The party was similar to the last one we had attended, but on a bigger scale and at a different venue. However it was still in the Cheongdam-dong district. Sighing, ı followed my parents inside. We greeted the closest people to us. I smiled politely, feeling that everyone was looking at me in a weird way. I took a deep breath. I really must be going crazy. The event was going fine so far, though ı didn't actually know what it was for, until an all too familiar figure appeared besides me. His tall figure blocked the light, making me look up in response to his shadow.

Sehun bowed and politely greeted my parents, along with the rest of his family. I inwardly groaned. Sehun's eyes flickered to my face for a split second before he looked away again. The shadow of a smirk appeared on his face. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, unable to shake the feeling that everyone, including Sehun, knew something ı didn't. "You look quite nice in that dress" President Oh complimented me. I bowed politely. "Thank you for the gift." He smiled and sighed in satisfaction.

"What a well mannered daughter you have" he said to my father. "I'm sure she will be an excellent wife to our Sehun, and our company" madame Oh added, smiling at my parents. I gritted my teeth, my shoulders stiff. Besides me Sehun smirked. "I'm sure you will" he whispered, too quiet for the rest to hear. I knew he was saying it just to wind me up, but it was very successful because ı began to turn and walk away, forming my hands into fists.

"Kyle!" I exclaimed. Finally, someone ı liked. Kyle approached us and bowed politely, giving his greetings. He then looked at me for a second before turning away. I thought ı spotted something in his eyes that seemed almost apologetic, but brushed it off. Tonight ı was being paranoid. Our families dispersed and ı frowned as Kyle disappeared from my view. Was he avoiding me? Sighing ı made my way to the small buffet table that had been set up.

It was covered with small decorative cakes and sweets. Frowning, ı left my empty plate on the table and pulled out my phone, hoping ı could find something to entertain me. Suddenly my phone was taken out of my hands. I looked up in annoyance which only tripled when ı saw Sehun's face. "Yah, give me back my phone!" I demanded. A few people around us stared and ı smiled apologetically. "Yah, are you deaf?" I hissed, lowering my voice. I went to grab for my phone but he moved it out of the way so my hand just grabbed through thin air. He hadn't even looked up from the screen once. I frowned at him in frustration. Finally he held it out for me, a satisfied smirk on his face. I took it suspiciously.

"What did you do?" I asked. He merely shrugged. "Since you're my fiancee, ı think it's only normal for me to have your number, right?" He raised an eyebrow whilst broadening his smirk. He was getting on my nerves and he knew it. "Yah, will you shut up?!" I snapped. He didn't even blink. "Oh, don't worry. I'll call you often, honey." I scoffed, at a loss for words to say. "Aish, you're really...!" I began but took a deep breath to calm myself. I settled for just giving him a death glare, which only seemed to amuse him more. Suddenly his smirk disappeared and he turned to me with serious eyes. "Follow me" he instructed. I tusked. "As if" ı muttered before turning on my heel to walk away.

He suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, dragging me through the crowd despite my protests. When he finally let me go we were stood in front of the parents. I cleared my expression and bowed whilst glaring at Sehun. His face was plain. Emotionless like it had been when we were at his house for tea. It made me suspicious. "Ji Yoon ah, follow us" my dad instructed, a wrinkle formed between his brows as it often did when he was nervous about something. I followed silently since President Oh was with us. Sehun walked by my side as we suddenly stood up on a mini stage, clearly visible to everybody in the room. My dad took a microphone and cleared his throat.

The laughter and banter in the room faded away, all eyes on us. I fidget-ed in my spot under the attention. I knew there was something odd going on. Besides me Sehun remained emotionless. Kyle and Sehun's brother stood amongst the crowd. My dad cleared his throat once more before thanking everyone for attending. Suddenly my eyes landed on a familiar figure. I tried not to look too surprised as ı stared at Kai. He looked straight back at me but there was something odd about his expression. It made me frown slightly, but then my dad's words caught my attention.

"As you all know, our two families have important news to announce" my dad said in his clear, professional voice. My frown deepened. What news? I couldn't help but feel ı was missing something completely obvious. Something everyone else had already figured out. "As of today, our two children Sehun and Jessica, will be formally engaged" his words cut the thick atmosphere in half as ı almost choked in surprise. A round of applause burst from the crowd. A few cameras flashed away, the lights surrounding the room. My jaw hung open slightly as ı looked for Kai again. He met my eyes, before looking away uncomfortably. I prayed he wouldn't leave.