Chapter 3

The Arranged Marriage.

The S.S family (my nickname for them) consisted of Oh il-seung, the CEO of S.S group, his wife and two sons. Since the event was about our two families, people watched as we greeted each other, a few photographers flashing away at a distance. I bowed respectfully to the family, greeting them politely. "Your Korean's very good" president Oh complimented me. I thanked him. My mother had me taught the language when ı was young. In total ı could speak five languages (english, spanish, korean, chinese and a bit of japanese, along with bits of multiple european languages.)

So far ı seemed to not be messing anything up. President Oh was around the same age as my dad, but with a head of grey hair. However he was not balding and the look suited him very much. His wife was small but slim, her hairstyle and attire reminded me of Marylin Monroe. His eldest son was twenty two. He looked exactly like a younger version of his dad, however on him it made him look more serious and business like. Just looking at him made me feel intimidated. The youngest was Sehun, who was my age, almost. I was a month younger. He didn't look like either of his parents. Perhaps that was because of his light hair colour. It was, apart from the wife, a tall family, and they were all quite attractive. I wondered if it must be the water they drank.

When all the formalities were over, the family dispersed. I was left alone with Sehun. Feeling awkward, ı looked away and pretended to be interested in some flower decoration nearby. All the while ı could feel his eyes studying me, like ı was some sort of science experiment. Eventually his gaze wandered away and he took a sip of his drink. "Its a nice event, isn't it? Looks like they really splashed out for it" he said whilst quickly studying the hall. I nodded, not wanting to seem rude or friendly. Perhaps then ı would be left alone. How had ı ended up alone with him anyway?

"How long have you been in Seoul?" He asked. "A day" ı answered curtly. I got the impression that he really wasn't interested but was just acting polite because of the people around. Such a phoney. "Do you like it?" He said vaguely, his eyes on the clock above my head. "I'm not sure. I spent half the day sleeping and the rest getting ready" ı answered in a dull voice. "Really?" He said, raising an eyebrow as he looked me up and down. I stopped myself from scoffing as ı could feel my father watching us. However despite his subtle insult, he was also speaking informally to me, and he wasn't even that much older than me! I got the impression from his smirk that he was purposely ticking me off.

"Excuse me" ı said to him, also using informal speech before shoving my champagne glass in his hand, turning on my heel and storming out of the building. I didn't want to come here in the first place and was definitely not going to be patronised by some stuck up jerk. Before my parents could follow and scold me ı stepped into our car and was rode home. The driver left to return to my parents. Butler Park looked surprised to see me back so early but asked no questions. I laid on my bed until my parents returned. Surprisingly it wasn't my dad, but mum who scolded me.

"How dare you! Yah you crazy kid! Are you in your right mind?! I should make you go back and apologise to Sehun-ssi" she said whilst hitting my arm with my pillow. I rolled my eyes. "You can try to make me! There's no way ı was going to stay around him any second longer and ı'm not going back!" I yelled in return, crossing my arms like a stubborn child. She yelled at me some more before leaving the room. I didn't see what the big deal was. At least ı hadn't thrown my drink in his face like ı wanted to. To be honest though, ı was even surprising myself. I wasn't usually so sensitive. There was just something about his stare, or that stupid smirk.