Chapter 58

The Arranged Marriage.

It had been a week since the funeral. Now that I and Kai had rebuilt our friendship, something in all of our lives had changed, for the better, and I was relieved that it had ended up this way.

But I knew that this couldn't last for too long.

My phone rang, an unknown number displayed on the screen.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered.

"Yah, come and meet me" Victoria's voice said.

I tensed up for a moment and looked around to check that Jiyoon wasn't in ear shot.

"I have nothing to say to you" I say under my breath.

"Omo, don't be like this. I just want to see you this last time, is that too much to ask for?"

"Yes, it's too much. Goodbye Victoria" I say and then abruptly hang up. 

See me for the last time? Was she going somewhere? I hoped so. Then my life, without her in it, would be perfect.

"Yah, Oh Sehun!" Jessica suddenly called. "Are you going to help me or not?" 

"Help you with what? You're only moving a few things" I say, smirking. Jess was in the middle of moving all of her belongings from the spare bedroom to the master bedroom. Afterall it was a week until the wedding. It was about time that we made that leap, right?

"Aish seriously, you useless...lazy..."

"Ah stop, you're making me blush" I say sarcastically, standing up and pulling her into a hug. 

"Yah, we don't have time for this" she protests.

"But you're so warm" I say, pulling her tighter.

Suddenly she kicks my shin. I exclaim in pain and let her go. Her cheeks are red and she glares at me.

"Aigoo, you think you're so smooth, huh?" she teases, and then holds out for me a bag of trash.

"Go, take this out. You may as well as be a bit useful" 

I sigh and take the bag from her, frowning. "You're going to give me a limp one day" I complain.

Outside the weather is warm and the sun is beginning to set. For a second I feel peace as I stare at the sky, but only for a moment.

"What are you looking at?" A smooth voice says from behind me. I turn around to find Victoria standing there.

"Have you been waiting for me the entire time? How pitiful" I hiss.

She rolls her eyes and takes a step closer. I lean away from her as if her evilness is infectious. 

"Aigoo, why do you lack so many manners?" she says.

"forgive me that I'm not estatic to see you, it's just that I hate you" I say.

She frowns, my chest with her fingers. I slap them away and move to shove past her until she pretends to fall into me.

"Ah, sorry, I must have lost my balance" she says, clinging onto my jacket, leaning her entire weight into me. It makes me cringe away in disgust.

I grab her wrists and tug them away, frustrated beyond my limit. "Aish seriously! Why do you have to be like this? Why do you have to involve yourself in peoples' lives when they don't want you there? Do you really have nothing else to do? Is your life that empty otherwise?"

She glares at me for a moment before scoffing, crossing her arms and dropping the act. "Wah, Sehun is finally speaking up for once. Well, don't worry about me anymore, I'm leaving" she says. "I have no business here. Korea is so boring. You're no fun anymore Sehun-ie" 

"I won't be sorry that you're gone" I say.

"Ah, so cold. But aren't you curious as to what I'll do?" she says.

I roll my eyes and barge past her.

"I hear Kai's going to China?!" she calls after me. I stop in my tracks and turn back, feeling my anger build up.

"So what?" I snap.

"Ah, just, I hear you're both friends again. It's a shame, you were both much more interesting before, when you weren't friends. There was just so much more drama. It felt nice, having you both fight over me. I understand why Jiyoon was friendly to you both. I would want the attention again too." she says slowly, waiting for my reaction. I bite my tongue until I taste blood to stop myself from responding.

"Maybe I'll go and keep Kai company in China. He was never as fun as you, but that's not a problem. You remember how Kai adored me, right? Maybe that's why he's in love with your precious Jiyoon-ie. She must remind you both of me, after all, we are both alike"

"You're nothing like her" I spit.

She giggles, clearly having the time of her life. "But I am. That's why you showed such an interest in her anyway, isn't it? Deep down, you and Kai both still love me. That's why you chose her, right? Because she reminds you of me. It makes me pity her. AFter all, she will always just be a substitute for me"

I suddenly push her against the wall, anger shaking my body. I couldn't bear to hear anymore of her poisonous words. "She couldn't be anything further from you. You're nothing alike, and that's why I'm going to marry her. So you better stay away, from all of us. And if you think Jongin will still follow after you, you're wrong. A crazy like you will always be alone, understand?" I step away from her, my hands balled into fists.

"Don't you ever appear infront of us again" I warn, and then turn and walk away, leaving her staring with agape after me. 

"Yah, Oh Sehun!" She calls after me. I can hear her footsteps angrily charge towards me but I stop in my tracks.

Infront of me, a few metres away, is Jiyoon-ah.

Victoria stops just behind me and scoffs. "Oh, it's your princess" she says bitterly.

I ignore her and walked towards Jessica, grabbing her hand and pulling her away before Victoria can say a word to her.

"Come on, let's go" I say, trying to keep my tone light.

"Where?"

"Anywhere" I say, buckling her into my car and starting the engine. We drive away, but she's looking back in the review mirror.

"That was Victoria again, wasn't it?" she says, a small frown on her face.

I sigh, gripping the steering wheel tightly. "Don't worry. She won't bother us again"

Jessica doesn't say anything, keeping her lips tightly shut and remaining silent for the entire ride.

I park the car, get out and then open the door for her.

"Where are we?" she asks. I smile and grab her hand.

"Let's walk" I say, dodging the question.

The sky is a deep orange as the sun sets, and the sight is breathtaking.

"Wah, it's beautiful. Look, isn't it like art?" she says, awestruck.

I smile at the expression on her face. "Yes, it is beautiful. Just like art" I say, not looking away from her face.

"Ah, what is it?" she asks, noticing my staring.

We stop walking and are now at the top of the bridge, watching the water flow by below us. "Do you know what they call this bridge?" I ask.

She shakes her head, looking completely clueless. It's cute.

"It's called lover's bridge" I say.

She raises her eyebrows but says nothing because now i'm tucking a lock of hair behind her ear that had fallen into her eyes. I can't help but cup her cheek into my palm, her skin beautiful and soft under my touch.

"Jiyoon-ah" I say, but words fail me, and suddenly what I want to express can't just be said with simple words.

Her round eyes stare at me wildly and I cup her face in both of my hands and kiss her softly. She felt fragile under my touch. So small and too precious.

"Ah, what the heck? You're making me so flustered" she says, wafting her hands infront of her pink cheeks. Her reaction is cute, and only reinforces my need to be with her.

I pull out the small velvet box from my pocket and kneel down on one knee, trying to swallow down the butterflies in my stomach before I have to speak.. She stares at me in shock, open slightly in the smallest way.

"Jiyoon-ah, I love you. Will you do the honour of being my wife?" I propose.

For a second just opens and closes with no words, until she finally says, "but we're getting married anyway." I almost laugh.

"I know, but that wasn't a choice for you. You're the girl that I chose, when my parents told me I had to pick someone to marry whom they presented to me. I had always wanted you Jiyoon-ah. But I want you to choose to marry me. I want you to want to marry me. So, Moon Jiyoon, will you be my wife?"

The small O had formed melts away, and suddenly there's a beaming smile on her face like I had never seen before, and in that moment she had never seemed so beautiful to me.

"Ye-Yes. I...I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Oh Sehun" she says.

Her words set off an excitement inside of me like fireworks. I slide the ring onto her finger, the diamond glinting in celebration.

"Well Sehun, it looks like you kept your promise" she says.

"And what's that" I say as I hold her in an embrace.

"You have made me love you"