Chapter 1

The Arranged Marriage.

Through the crowded streets of the edge of Madrid, ı ran away from butler Vince. Honestly, ı did feel a little guilty. He was old, and ı knew it was unfair to treat him this way. However he would never drag me to the car. No way. The sun was hot, and ı could feel sweat appear on my forehead. Taking deep breaths ı studied my surroundings. I had not been smart enough to make sure ı knew where ı was going, but Vince was getting closer so ı ran again. People on the sides of the streets stared as ı flashed by, followed by a breathless butler. Some of the old ladies even shouted at me. But all ı could do was smile politely before having to run again. There were so many turns and obstacles in the way that ı was beginning to get dizzy. Not to mention a painful stitch had formed on my side. Sighing with relief, ı saw an opening to free me from the complicated network of alleyways, however as ı approached it at full speed, a familiar car appeared. I stopped and stared in disbelief at my bad luck. Had ı really just ran in a circle?

Stepping out from the car was the family driver Juan. What was worse was that my fathers face appeared from behind the car window which had now been rolled down. He stared at me furiously as Vince's footsteps and pants became louder until he was beside me. "Miss. Jessica, can you please get in the car?" He pleaded me in between pants. I gulped but was too afraid to meet my fathers gaze. Driver Juan opened the door for me. I realised that there was no escaping now, especially not with my dad here. Undoubtedly he would have guards blocking all exit points anyway. With a sigh of defeat, ı sat in the car next to my dad. For the entire car ride ı got chewed out. At first his yells made me flinch away, his booming voice shaking my ear drums, until ı finally tuned out. Of course ı still caught all the hurtful words like "useless", "ashamed" and "despicable". I must have recently seen a black cat, because my bad luck seemed to always get worse.

When we arrived at the airport my mother and older brother were already bordered on the jet. I ignored their curious looks as ı sat down, and refused to speak or eat for the rest of the plane ride. I guess ı should brief you in on why ı was going abroad. My parents were founders of Royal fashion, a company that had almost a hundred big name designer brands under it's belt, paired with hundreds of shopping outlets in capitals across the world. This resulted in our family being one of the richest in the world. My brother was the CEO of Royal fashion, at the age of 27 (of course he only got it because of my parents ranking) and was planning to do some sort of business collaboration with S.S group in South Korea. As a result my parents decided it would be best if we were all there, and so Seoul will be my new home.

Of course ı was against this, hence my little run away attempt back in Madrid. It's not that moving upset me, though ı had only been living in Madrid for a year, ı just didn't want to move so far. Since as long as ı can remember, ı had always travelled around Europe, but never as far as another continent. The idea didn't appeal to me much. However South Korea wasn't completely foreign to me. Both my parents are from there, though my mother was born and raised in England (so was ı and my brother). My dad met her when he came to England to study at university. I didn't know much else about my parents history though. I never really saw them long enough to ask. When the jet touched down onto the smooth tarmac of the runaway my stomach lurched. Not because of the impact, but because we had finally arrived. Staring out the window at the frost on the grass, ı was already missing the sun of Spain. This was going to be such a boring year.