Chapter 47

The Arranged Marriage.

I had thought I was okay. I really had. After all I was over Victoria, completely and utterly. And for a blissful moment it felt like I was almost calm about it. Like I hadn't been affected. But I was just lying to myself. It had just been my imagination. Because now, despite how much I tried to ignore it, all I could think about was Victoria, and it sent ripples of anger down my spine

I hated myself for reacting this way.

After all, it might not have even been her. Perhaps it was just my imagination.

And anyway, i have no feelings left for her. At least, not like I used to.

All I felt for her now was hate. It was all I could feel.

She had nearly ruined my life, and had already destroyed my friendship. I wouldn't fall victim of her cruel smile anymore.

I couldn't.

Things were different now. I was different. And I hoped to god that Jong-in was too.

Suddenly a beep split through the air.

I jumped at the sound, so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I had almost forgotten reality.

Suppressing a sigh I pulled out my phone, only briefly checking the ID.

there was no name, but I knew that number well enough that I instantly recognized it.

The message read one word.

"Oppa"

My heart seemed to skip a beat, the blood rushing to my head whilst boiling in a sudden onslaught of rage and anger.

I bit down hard on my tongue to prevent myself from exploding in sudden anger.

Honestly my emotions were surprising myself. I didn't realize that I could get this angry.

It took all of my effort to stop my hands from shaking, yet I could still hear my thunderous heart beat in my ears.

Relax, I told myself.

She couldn't affect me anymore. She shouldn't affect me.

There was nothing left between us. No emotion. No reason to care.

I quickly deleted her message and resumed to glaring at the road.

Victoria was nothing to me anymore.

She was someone I had once loved, but I didn't love her anymore. I loved...

"Sehun-ssi" a gentle voice suddenly spoke.

Again I jumped in surprise, forgetting that I was not alone.

I turned to see Jiyoon-ah watching me carefully, her eyes wide as they examined my face. And to my surprise she rested her hand upon my tense one, her skin warm and soft, her touch gentle.

My eyes met hers, and instantly I regretted looking at her.

They looked so alike.

For a second I had to remind myself that this was Jessica, not Victoria.

But how could they be so alike?

They had the same glittering eyes. The same alluring smile.

But there was something different about Jiyoon-ah.

Something safe and reassuring.

Something you could love without being scared that she would leave.

But that's the problem. If Jess could, she would leave within a heartbeat.

She wanted a marriage with love and trust. As much as she tried to hide it I could see through her facade. 

She wanted someone to rely on. Someone to trust and grow old with whilst making memories with.

Could I give that to her?

Not when I still don't know my own feelings about the girl from my past or the girl in front of me right now.

Perhaps it would be better, and easier, for Jiyoon-ah if I stopped right here. If I kept things formal.

After all, our marriage was a business.

And I didn't want to break her heart like Victoria had broken mine.

She deserved better.

She deserved someone to love and trust. Someone to rely on.

I was not that person.

How could I be, when I'm so unsure myself about my own emotions?

I pulled my hand away from under hers and rested it on the wheel, not daring to look at her dissapointed expression.

 

 

"Don't speak, I have a headache" I snapped in an emotionless voice.

I was good at that. Pretending not to care. Pushing people away.

Jessica did as I said, and for the rest of the ride we rode in complete silence.

Jessica's POV

As soon as we arrived home Sehun went into his room and slammed the door shut. 

I watched after him, still slightly confused and hurt.

What had I done wrong?

No, I told myself.

Don't blame yourself, he's just being his moody self.

And since when did I, Jessica Moon, care about people's emotions anyway?

They were irrelevant to someone like me.

I refused to give Sehun the power to hurt me. wont let myself be hurt by him.

Suddenly my stomach gave a small growl.

I frowned and patted it. I hadn't realized how hungry I was.

Sighing I made my way over to the kitchen.

My heart seemed to drop when I realized we had no Ramyun left, and to my horror the tub of kimchi was also empty.

"What the hell, do they want me to starve?" I muttered as I threw the tub back into the fridge and slammed the door shut.

Usually I would resort to pestering Sehun to make me food, but since he was being a my only option was to cook myself.

Now, being raised by house maids, butlers and five star chefs had meant that I never needed the to cook. I always had others to do it for me.

Therefore I realized that I wasn't really sure what to do with all this cooking stuff as i had close to zero experiance in the kitchen.

Pancakes.

When I was younger I would help my nanny Sara make pancakes. They were easy. Surely I would still be able to make them? 

Slapping my hands together in new found determination I set to work, pulling out the ingredients and equipment.

Sure, a lot of the time I was improvising, but I don't think that I got the measurements too wrong and the pancakes certainly looked okay.

And then, with a start, I realised that I had unconsciously prepared two meals. One for me, and one for Sehun.

I considered just tipping it into the bin, but that would just be a waste of my new cooking skills.

So, with a heavy heart, I made my way over to Sehun's room.

I knocked on the door and waited a couple of seconds.

There was no reply.

Sighing i knocked again, more impatiently.

How dare he keep me waiting!

Still there was no reply.

Losing my impatience I kicked the door, yelling "yah!"

"What?" Sehun called from inside.

Well at least he was still alive.

I kicked the door again, and as I expected it swung open to reveal Sehun's displeased face.

He took in my appearance for a second before reluctantly smiling, but then his expression was blank and the smile was gone as fast as it came. However the ice in his eyes had melted ever so slightly.

"What's with you, you look stupid? And is that flour on your face?" He commented, smirking.

I couldn't help my temper rise slightly.

"I cooked" I answered.

He rose his eyebrow and clapped sarcastically.

"Wah, well done. You actually had to do something for yourself. How was it?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him suspiciously.

His smirk seemed to grow even wider.

" I mean, how was it? Having to do something for yourself instead of being a spoiled brat for once. Then again, you probably feel so hard done by now. But why are you telling me? If you're looking for attention then I'm sure you can just disobey your parents some more, since that usually what you do to be noticed, right?" Not once did his expression change through this. He still smirked, his face almost smug and condescending.

His sudden harsh words hit me like a blow to the chest. 

I opened my mouth to shout but I found that I was too hurt to say anything.

Since when did he get so mean?

And what had I done wrong?

I was only trying to do something good for once.

Had I really wronged Sehun?

"Don't act like you know me" I said, my voice shaky and barely above anwhisper.

He continued to smirk and leaned in just a little closer so that I could see my reflection in his stone cold eyes.

"Oh but you're easy to know, a typical rich little girl like you"

I took a deep breath, forcing myself to stay calm but internally flinching at his razor like words.

"Actually I was going to ask you to eat something, since I noticed that you skipped breakfast this morning. But never mind. You probably wouldn't want to eat with a spoiled brat like me anyway" I turned and stormed away, leaving him in the doorway.

Rather dramatically I slammed the kitchen door shut behind me.

I quickly blinked away the tears at the corner of my eyes, refusing to admit that Sehun's words had made me cry.

"Jerk!" I yelled at the air, slamming my fist onto the side.

There was loud smashing noise, and the next thing I knew my hand was gushing with blood, pain soaring through my arm.

I stared in surprise at the broken glass which I had completely forgotten was in my hand.

Swearing I threw the shards of glass into the bin before running my hand under the tap.

The warm water stung at my wounds and I squealed out in shock and pain.

Fresh tears sprung in my eyes, and this time it wasn't because of Sehun.

Just then the door swung open and in came an annoyed and panicked looking Sehun.

"What happened?" He asked, looking around as if expecting to see a dead body or something.

I ignored him, swiftly rubbing away my tears and keeping my back turned to him.

"Yah, are you hurt?" He asked in a sudden gentle tone, approaching me.

I allowed myself to look up.

His eyes were warm now, his features soft and expression gentle. Much gentler than the harsh expression he wore just a few minutes ago.

Was this guy some sort of bipolar monster?

No, he was just a monster.

"Jesus Jiyoon-ah, you should get that looked at!" He exclaimed when he spotted my injured hand, placing his hand on my shoulder in some sort of act of comfort.

My temper seemed to explode at his touch and I smacked his hand away, forgetting about my bleeding hand and its pain.

"Get lost!  Why do you suddenly care?!" I screamed, my voice unstable and tears once again stinging at my eyes.why did i always cry when i got angry? It was so annoying.

 

Sehun looked at me in shock for a moment, his expression surprised and perhaps even ologetic.

No. Jerks like Sehun weren't ever sorry.

It was just a lie. 

Everything he ever said was a lie.

I should have known better than to let myself become comfortable around that phoney smile of his.

He was never nice from the start.

He was just like everyone else.

Everyone thought things of me, even when they didn't know me.

Sehun was the same as them, and I was a fool if I thought any different.

"Yah, idiot, you're dripping blood" he suddenly said, snatching a towel off of the side and wrapping it around my hand.

I looked down at the spots of blood on the floor, and when I looked up Sehun was staring at me with an in comprehend able expression.

No, I thought.

He's a fake. A phoney. I knew that when I first met him.

So no longer was I going to let myself before decieved by the warmth in his eyes. Because it was just fake.

To me he was now just like everyone else. That's what he'd always been.

No one was any different.

Except perhaps Jongin.

Sharply I snatched away my hand from Sehun, and without saying a word left the room.

Kai was the only one I could trust and rely on.

He didn't judge me.

He didn't lie to me.

Sehun did.

I couldn't marry someone like that.

 

A\N- Annyeong! New chapters up. It looks like Victoria's already stirring up trouble between Sehun and Jess. What will happen next? Please anticipate!

I'll update as soon as possible! Dont forget to comment and suscribe! XOXO-AlviinK