Chapter 55

The Arranged Marriage.

Kai's POV

"It's boring isn't it?" Victoria said, suddenly appearing besides me like some sort of ghost.

"Did your parents teach you to sneak up on people?" I snapped at her, taking a sip from my glass of champagne.

She sighed heavily, snatching the glass from my hand and taking a large gulp.

"Yah!" I said, trying to take back my glass, but she danced around me and out of my reach.

"Aigoo, I wouldn't be bothering you so much if you had just agreed to take me here in the first place" she complained, pouting.

"You have your own driver" I snapped at her, turning to walk away.

"Yah, where are you going?" she snapped. But I wasn't going anywhere. I stopped in my tracks, looking up at the entrance and seeing Jessica come through the doors. Even from where I was stood I could tell that she looked beautiful, a dark, satin, purple dress clinging perfectly to her body, and her face glowing like a star.

"She looks very stunning, doesn't she?" Victoria's smooth voice said, her hand trailing across my shoulder as she approached my side. "Though personally, I think Sehun looks much more dashing, but that's just my opinion" she remarked.

I hadn't noticed Sehun before, but now I saw him as he took Jessica's hand in his, flashing her a smile before leading her down the marble stairs.

My jaw tightened, and I was unsure if it was because of jealousy. I shoved Victoria's cold hand off of my shoulder before turning and wlaking away, both anger at Victoria and jealously in my system.

I snatched a glass of champagne from a silver tray that a waiter was holding as he worked his way around the various guests. With two gulps it was all gone, and it had done nothing to numb my angry and jealous emotions. It didn't help either that a few people stopped me to greet me and introduce their daughters and etc. I faked a smile and was polite, but all I really wanted was to find a corner and blend into the walls. I didn't even want to be here anymore. I just wanted to be gone.

I grabbed another glass of champgane, but i swear that these glasses were smaller than usual because the drinks seemed to go after just one sip. I took another, and then another. However all this alcohol that I drank so quickily on an empty stomach was already making my head spin. 

I suddenly didn't know where I was. I was surrounded by unfamiliar people in an area of the hall that was also unfamilair and my head was aching and all I wanted was to go home.

But when I turned around, a brief flash of purple hair caught my eyes. I turned back to where I saw it, to see Jiyoon stood speaking to...Victoria.

"Jiyoon-ah" I called in shock, unable to stop myself or properly comprehend what I saw. But already a faint wave of panic was rippling down my body.

Both girls turned to me, and Jessica's eyes widened in surprise. I took one step forward, but she suddenly dissapeared, as if she had never been there in the first place. I called after her, but she was gone now.

"Jongin-ah" Victoria said, clasping her hand around my wrist and pulling me back. I snatched it away from her, glaring at her in a new flood of anger.

"What did you say to her?" I asked, my voice surprisingly quiet but still trembling under my rage.

"Nothing" Victoria said innocently, but I didn't believe her for a second.

I took a step towards her. She didn't back away, but for once there was something close to nervousness in her cold eyes. "Don't you ever approach Jessica again. She doesn't need to be involved with someone like you" I said, my voice still maintaining it's quiteness but taking on a threatening edge.

Victoria dropped her innocent expression, something more sinister replacing it. She actually looked mad right now, but I didn't care. All I wanted was to find Jessica. To speak to her. To at least get to be with her for one second during this stupid night.

Suddenly Jiyoon's dad's voice boomed across the hall, echoing off of the walls and almost shattering my ear drums. I looked around, but I couldn't see Jessica anywhere. I knew that whilst her dad was giving his speech I wouldn't b able to look for her, because everyone had stood still and was listening to the speech.

Sighing inwardly, I took a glass of champagne and retreated to the back of the room, quickly draining the glass. After my third one my head was beginning to ache, the room unsteady, or maybe that was just my feet. I realised that the speech had already finsihed, but I was too filled with self loathing to notice.

I was pushing Jessica away, had lost my best friend, and was being haunted by my past. And when I returned home nothing got better, because my family was also breaking apart. But I couldn't tell Jessica my problems. I had already lied to her. All I wanted was to hold her, for as long as I could, because she wasn't mine to want.

And then suddenly she appeared in front of me, at least i think it's her. But I couldn't tell, because my vision was as unbalanced as my feet and I couldn't get it to focus.

Before I knew it she was in front of me, her face so close that I could almost feel the heat of her skin.

"Jiy-" i began to say, but suddenly she kissed me, and I wasn't quite sure what was happening or what to do, so I just let it happen.

Her skin was soft and her body was close to mine, but her lips were cold and there was something off about her. 

With a sudden movement I pulled her away, and finally I could see properly and what I dreaded was confirmed. It wasn't Jessica, it was Victoria.

In shock I pushed her away, now wondering how I could have mistaked the tall, slim figure dressed in black for the woman I...loved.

And then, as if fate itself was against me, I saw her past Victoria's shoulder.

She was stood with her back to me, but I knew. I knew she had seen us. I knew it was hurting her. I knew it was over. 

"Ji yoon-ah" I couldn't help myself saying out of shock.

I walked past Victoria, almost forgetting that she was there. "Ji yoon-ah" I said again as if I was malfunctioning, unable to say or do anything else. But then she was gone.

Sehun's POV

"Sehun-ssi, do you know where Jiyoon is?" Kyle Moon asked. His face was heavy with concern as he asked me, though he was distracted and looking around the hall.

"No. I haven't seen her since we arrived" I said, slightly confused. "Is something wrong?" 

Kyle turned to me with distress now obvious on his face. "She's gone."

We looked all over the hall, her mother looked in the bathrooms, and her brother searched outside the building, but still she couldn't be found. To my surprise my chest felt weak from the adrenaline, and I was surprised to find myself concerned. I had never felt this way since Victoria. And though I hated to admit it, I was scared that Jessica was gone.

She had been fine before. She had been happy. We had been getting along with eachother. So what had happened?

"What did you do?" I asked, my tone more agressive than I had intended as I grabbed Kai and pulled him to attention. We were outside on the terrace, where I had found Kai stood looking at the sky despite the blistering cold.

He looked at me with surprise, but remained silent. "I said what did you do? What did you do to Jiyoon-ah?!" I was barely able to kepe my voice under control.

Kai just stared at me with slightly surprised eyes, though they were unfocused and distant. "Are you drunk?" I asked in disbelief.

To my surprise his eyes were actually beginning to water, the rims turning red as if he was going to cry.

"She hates me" he said, so quiet that I barely heard him. "What?"

"I didn't mean to...to do it" he stuttered.

"Ah what? What did you do?!" I said, shaking his shoulders. I could barely contain my anger, my emotions making my hands unsteady.

"You punk, what did you do to her?!" I said, my voice finally breaking into a yell.

I let go of his shoulders, but was now seeing red with my panic and anger and frustration. Before I knew it, I had knocked Kai down to the ground, my hand in a tight, shaking fist whilst his lip dripped blood from the fresh cut.

He just looked up at me in slight shock, but their was no retaliation. It was as if he had given up, and this type of Kai I was not used to.

Unable to look at him any longer, I turned and stormed back inside, but before I could continue my search I ran in to the last person I wanted to see.

"Sehun-ah" she said in her sly voice.

"What Victoria?" I snapped.

"I'm guessing you're looking for Moon Ji Yoon?" she said.

I turned to her with narrowed eyes, suddenly suspicious.

"It's your fault isn't it?" I said. She looked at me in mock confusion. "Whatever happened between you three, you did it, didn't you?" I said.

She just looked at me blankly, clearly unwilling to tell me anything.

"Get out of my way" I snapped, frustrated. I pushed her to the side and walked away.

I tried calling her again, for must have been the fiftieth time. I had been expecting her not to pick up again, but to my surprise she did.

"Ji yoon-ah, where are you?!" I snapped at her, my tone angry but inside I was full of relief.

All I heard on the other end of the phone was sniffles and silence. "Are you crying?" I asked in a much gentler tone.

"Excuse me, is this Oh Sehun?" a strange voice suddenly asked. A wave of panic suddenly washed over my chest. Who was this person? Had she been kidnapped?

"Who's asking?" I said.

"I'm the bartender. Can you please come pick your girlfriend up" he said, sounding slightly irritated.

A sighed, relieved that she was okay. After the bartender gave me the location I hung up and told Kyle, and then set out to pick her up.

The bar itself was posh and upper class, the usual sort of thing.

I rushed inside, looking around frantically for the familair wave of purple hair. 

And then I spotted it. Jess was sat by the bar, a glass of some dark drink infornt of her as she was talking to this young, unfamilair man.

"Get lost" I could hear her say, but the man just smiled at her and caught her hand when she went to push him away.

Instantly I was by her side, snatching her hand from his and burning him with my gaze. "Sehun-ssi" she mumbled in surprise.

The young man looked at me in surprise, suddenly disregarding the situation as he said, "oh, it's Oh Sehun!" 

The girls nearby who heard suddenly turned to us in shock, and insytantly the whispering started. "Omo, it's him!"

"Daebak, he's so much more taller in real life."

I let go of the mans hand, turning away from them so that they couldn't see my face. 

I grabbed Jess by the wrist and quickly dragged her out of the bar before she could even understand what was happening, but there was a crowd now and they weren't giving up easily.

"Oppa, please stay!" the girls cried, whilst the guy's were just happy to be in a chaebol's presence.

I quickly sat Jiyoon into the passenger seat, before pushing through the crowd to the drivers side.

All the while I was confused as to why I, Oh Sehun, was putting myself through so much to make sure Jiyoon was safe. I had never done the before, for anyone but me. Usually I would have sent someone for her. But I had wanted to make sure she was safe for myself.

Finally we eventually made it away from the bar and the crowd. I knew that Jiyoon wouldn't want to go home yet. All that would happen is that she would just lock herself in her room. So we ended up by the river, parked by the bay. 

For a few minutes we sat in silence, gazing at the few stars that had made it through the sky, though I frequently snook glances at Jess to make sure she was okay.

Her nose and cheeks were pink, and her eyes were big and watery and red. 

"Jiyoon-ah, are you okay?" I asked hesitantly.

She turned to me, her expression unfamiliar.

"Sehun-ssi" she suddenly said to me in a voice that was unusually serious.

It sent butterflies loose in my stomach, and I found my self my lips nervously. "What?"

She held my gaze for a while in the silence, before syaing what I could never prepare myself for. 

"Do you love me?"

A/N-OKay, i know i know, i havent updated in a loooong time, but it's been summer and i've been busy. However i did pass my GCSE's with straight As, yay! So now i'm doing my a-levels and i'll be busy, but i'll keep trying to update. However my next update will be on my other story, so check that out if you have the time. Thank you for being loyal readers, and i'll make sure to keep up the drama! Dont forget to suscribe and pleeeeaaaassseeee comment. Gamsahamnida~Alviin K