Chapter 29

The Arranged Marriage.

The two boys led the way to a small cafe not far from the university campus. It wasn't deserted like I had thought it would be, and as for a I could tell the few people there were students. We sat at a corner table, which thankfully was right next to the heating. I eagerly took a seat and placed my hand against the heater, sighing happily as the warmth spread through my fingers and tingled up my skin. Suho and Chen sat opposite to me, laughing quietly at something I hadn't noticed.

For some reason, though I had just met the two boys not even half an hour ago, I felt completely comfortable and almost happy around them. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to drive my bad mood away. I silently cursed Sehun to fiery pits of hell it ruining my morning whilst maintaining the partly genuine smile on my face.  "This place is nice" I commented. I had finally averted my gaze away from the two boys after having decided that they weren't too bad and was now admiring the subtle decor of the cafe.

It was warm, the glow of the lighting made everything seem a little more yellow. Faint pop music was being played from the speakers in the corners that floated all the way to the back of the cafe. The walls were decorated with pictures from the past and the tables were round and wooden, glossy and sturdy. It warmed to me easily. Suho smiled and straightened his napkin whilst Chen signalled for the waiter. "I'm glad you like it" he said in his smooth voice. Then the waitress arrived.

She was small with her hair tied up in two separate buns. Her eyes flicked to all of us before she finally stared at the two boys. She gave them a small, flirty smile and turned her body to face them, as if I wasn't there; which quickly annoyed me. I mean, I know the boys were attractive enough to gawk at, but it was rude to do it so openly and whilst you're working.  Before I got too frustrated I began to play with the napkin as a distraction.  "Jess-ssi, what do you want?" Chen's voice floated to my ear and I looked up, raising an eyebrow. "Huh?" I said, a dumbfounded expression on my face.

Chen's mouth turned upwards in a cheeky smile and he repeated his question. "Oh, a hot chocolate please" I said, glancing at the annoyed looking waitress. When Chen returned his attention to her again her expression returned to it's sickly sweet state. "Anything else?" she asked. The two boys shook their head but for some reason I could feel their gazes on my skin. The waitress walked away in clear disappointment.

"Thinking about anything special?" Suho asked. I looked up and blinked slightly as I took in their question. When I finally understood what genies asked I sat up and brushed back my hair in slight embarrassment.  "Oh nothing in particular, I guess..." I muttered.  "Hmm, really?" Suho said in an unconvinced voice. I could feel my cheeks blush but refused to look up from my hands. There was no way I was going to tell them what I had really been thinking about. Chen snickered and leaned over to pinch my cheek. It took my by surprise but I smiled nevertheless. 

"Aigoo, you're so cute" Chen teased, smiling widely.  Just then the waitress returned with two drinks and a muffin in her hands. She placed the hot chocolate in front of me an what j suppose to be coffee in front of Suho with a less sweet sickly and more sour expression. Her frown only seemed to deepen when she looked at me. "Anything else?" she asked. "No thank you" Suho said whilst Chen steed hungrily at his large blueberry muffin.  She bowed and turned to walk away.

Just then I caught my face in the back pocket of her apron. Not thinking it through and lead by curiosity I leaned forward and quickly pulled out the magazine from the back pocket. The waitress immediately turned around, but when she saw me with the magazine and the boys disapproving gaze her eyes widened in embarrassment and she quickly walked away. However I didn't notice her as I stared at the glossy front cover of the magazine.

I quickly recognised the venue to have been where the engagement party was held. In the corner was a small picture of our apartment building and the outside of the hospital Sehun had briefly stayed in. Though Sehun's arm was draped firmly around my shoulders it was clear by the look in our eyes that neither of us were genuinely thrilled to be engaged to one another. The caption read 'The happy couple?'

I quickly flipped to the article whilst Suho and Chen cautiously watched me. I had a feeling they had already seen this article. I skimmed read it, certain parts sticking in my memory.  "Jessica Moon, daughter of the founder of Royal fashion, was engaged shortly after her arrival in Seoul to Oh Sehun, son of the CEO to S.S group. Well known for being the spoilt and rebellious princess of Royal Fashion, it came as a shock to everyone when her engagement to South Korea's prince was announced at a recent party. Royal fashion is currently doing business with S.S group and the engagement has already increased stock profit."

A couple of paragraphs afterwards it read, "the new 'couple' have been reported to already be living together in a luxury penthouse apartment near the Gangnam district." How did they find out this stuff?! I thought angrily to myself as i read on. "Oh Sehun has been reported to have been admitted to hospital on Monday 20th of January with injuries to the head. An anonymous source has assured that he only suffered a mild concussion (Jess scoffed. He was milking it to say that it was only mild).

It was reported that Jessica Moon was the one who brought him into hospital and the one to have checked him out. We wonder now what was her involvement in his injuries? Was she the culprit to bring harm to South Korea's prince or is there really emotion within this arranged marriage?" I scoffed and angrily tossed the magazine aside. A spoilt princess!

I couldn't believe that they had the nerve to put that on paper when no one really knew the full story. And it hadn't been that long since i've even been in Seoul. How would they know if I really was a spoilt princess? It's not as if there were many articles about me online. Or perhaps there were. I never bothered to look online to see what people said about me because I couldn't care less, unless it was staring me straight in the face. Then I'd get pissed off.

But what really ticked me off was the very last sentence. There was defiantly no emotion but dislike in my arranged 'marriage'. And even if there was, I would never admit it. But I wouldn't have to because I had no emotions for Sehun what so ever. And I never would. Ever. I dislike him. Hate was too much of a strong word. Not that I would care about offending him. Or insulting him. Truthfully it would amuse me. I had no emotions for him. None. I swear.

So why is he always in your mind? An annoying little voice said in the back of my head. I growled quietly under my breath before throwing the magazine away angrily, demanding for the voice to shut up. And surprisingly it did. Suho and Chen watched me warily. I forced myself to smile. For some reason I didn't want them to see me angry.

A/N-hello! Sorry foresight so long to update. But I finally got my laptop working so the updates will be more regular. I know this chapters not very good but I am going to do the next one for tomorrow. Thank you for reading! Anneyong!