Looks can be deceiving

Baby Steps

[D.O’s POV]

 

Park Sooyeon?  - What is she doing here?-  I thought suspiciously. “Kyungsoo... Let’s go the others are waiting for us” Lay hyung said and I couldn’t help but just get some evidence. 

 

“Wait” I said and snapped a picture, luckily the flash wasn’t on or else we would’ve been in huge trouble. Lay hyung called the members telling them that we just had a walk and would be back soon. “Hyung let’s keep this a secret between us for now... I don’t want everyone to be suspicious when we haven’t confirmed anything yet.” I said and Lay just agreed.

 

“Umma~!” Sehun called. “I’m hungry! Make us food” Sehun continued.

 

-Sigh- “I’m tired Sehun-ah”  I said in a tired voice.

 

“Pleatheeee~!” Sehun whined in his lisp.

 

“N.O” I confirmed and quickly left to go inside my room.

 

“AHHH!! HYUNGGG~!” Sehun stomped and ran to Suho complaining for food.

 

“Arasso... let’s order pizza” I hear Suho say and Sehun jumping probably out of happiness.

 

[Inside D.O’s room]

 

“Kyungsoo” Suho hyung softly called, I sit there worrying about what was happening earlier that I didn’t notice hyung coming in until he patted my shoulder. “Kyungsoo what happened?” He asked with worry written all over his face.

 

“I’m worried for Seohyun...” I said. “I saw Sooyeon and her gang following her” I continued.

 

“There must be something wrong then... let’s tell her” Suho hyung said and I nod. “Let’s go now Sooyeon and Qri must be plotting something” He continues and I hold him back.

 

“Hyung... I saw ONLY Sooyeon and her gang following Seohyun and Qri” I said and Suho looked at me shocked.

 

“...What?” Suho asked after the silence “Qri was with... Seohyun?” He asked again and I nodded not wanting to face the truth, knowing that both Qri ans Sooyeon hate Seohyun. “Does anyone know about this?” He asks after the long silence.

 

“Lay hyung he knows but no one else otherwise” I stated.

 

“Let’s just find out what they are up to... for now don’t tell anyone” Suho told me and I agreed. I wanted to find out what was going on so for now I didn’t want to tell them. I decided to observe more.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

It was Saturday and I wanted to go out and hang out with my unnies. I decided to call my unnie to ask if they were available.

 

[Phone Conversation]

“Hello?”

“Unnie! I’m bored at home!! Are you busy?” I asked.

“Sorry Seohyun-ah... Tae and I are quite busy and all”

“Oh. Mian unnie”

“Nah it’s alright I’m free tomorrow. Let’s go shopping tomorrow okay?”

“Deh. Unnie”

“Mian Seohyun-ah. See you”

“Bye~!”

 

[End of conversation]

 

Dejected I head outside deciding to take a calm stroll by the park. I sat there and just listened to music on my phone. Feeling all calm, I closed my eyes and relax a little. Thinking about relaxing now, I haven’t been able to relax for 5 years. I open my eyes again and look at my surroundings; Children playing happily, families on picnics and couples all over. I see many families together and enjoying the sunny day and sigh. I really envy those families their al happy and well... together.

 

Saddening at the thought I drop my head down low and I then hear footsteps but just think that people walk by. When that unidentified person was close I see their shadow and look up to see...

 

Luhan?

 

[Luhan’s POV]

I was sitting on the couch all sweaty and hot because of the weather. I closed my eyes hoping to find any coolness. “HYUNGGG~!” Sehun whined and came running to me.

 

“Hmm?” I hummed with my eyes closed.

 

“Get me some Bubble Tea!!” Sehun asked.

 

“Sehun-ah can’t you go with the others?” I asked a bit irritated because of the blazing hot weather.

 

“But HYUNGGG~! I have to go with Suho hyung to do something” He whined again and I just sat up.

 

“Fine. I’ll be back later” I said.

 

“YAY! Thank you hyung!!” Sehun thanked me and left skipping off to find Suho.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As I was walking to the Bubble Tea shop I saw a person who looked familiar in the park so I forgot the Bubble Tea ‘duty’ and went to take a closer look. As she hears my footsteps she doesn’t react but just sat there when my footsteps got closer, she could practically see my shadow; she seemed to notice me and looked up. 

 

-Seohyun? What is she doing here?-  “Ahem... you don’t have to stare you know” I awkwardly said.

 

“O-oh? S-sorry” She stuttered. “What are you doing here?” She asked.

 

“Why can’t I? It’s not like you own this place” I coldly said.

 

“I’m sorry?” She asked the uncertainness in her voice.

 

“You should be” I answered.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

 

When I saw Luhan I was shocked and just like blanked out. I couldn’t even utter a word, not because I like him it was because he was there. “Ahem... you don’t have to stare you know”  He interrupted and I snapped out of the ‘trance’. 

 

“O-oh? S-sorry” I stuttered. “What are you doing here?” I asked to cover up my stuttering and awkwardness.

 

“Why can’t I? It’s not like you own this place” He coldly said and I was surprised that he acted that way which made me wonder if it was his true self, I mean looks CAN be deceiving. He is a flower boy and a total gentleman at school but this?

 

“I’m sorry?” I asked feeling uncertain if I should say sorry or not.

 

“You should be” He then answered. I stared at him but with wide eyes like D.O’s.

 

“W-what?” I asked in disbelief.

 

“You heard it right, you should be sorry” He harshly answered.

 

“Why are you so mean?” I started to feel frustrated.

 

“Why should I be nice?” He rebutted. I stopped, why wouldn’t he be nice? I couldn’t answer to his question. “See you can’t even answer it and plus it’s not your business” He then answered with a smirk and walked away. One day I will make him reveal his real self in front of our school. We will see about that!

 

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? TELLING ME THIS?” I shouted and then looked around me, people looking at me weirdly. That made me SO embarrassed.

 

“Nice try of embarrassing yourself” He yelled back before disappearing.

 

“UGHH!!” I was so frustrated and mad right now that I can even tear the whole house apart not literally but you know what I mean...right? I quickly calmed myself after that and never in my whole life have I blew up like that and when I say never I mean it. After quite some time, Sooyeon unnie called me.

 

[Phone conversation]

“Hello?” 

 

“Seohyun-ah!” She shouted in a mean voice.

 

“What is it unnie?” I asked quie surprised in her change of attitude. 

 

“Ahhh wait a moment” I heard her say and then I heard her footsteps and doors closing. “Sorry Seohyun-ah... omma was there and we have to act remember?” 

 

“Deh” I said getting why she was mean. “What did you call for unnie” I innocently asked and I could hear in the background something being punched or hit? “Unnie what’s happening why do I hear you hitting something?” 

 

“Ahh sorry there was a bug and if i screamed omma would’ve came in.” She replied after some time.

 

“Okay unnie that’s fine... So what is it?” 

 

“We have no more watermelon left and everyone is very thirsty in this heated weather... Can you by chance buy some?” She asked and I wanted to decline in this hot weather but I thought over how she has been treating me.

 

“Sure unnie I’ll come back later”

 

“Arraso bye~!” She said with aeygo.

 

[End of phone call.]

 

[Still in Seohyun’s POV]

 

-Sigh I don’t want to go but I don’t want my unnies to be all stuffy and thirsty so I’ll have to go-  As I was taking a walk to the market since Taxi cost too much money. I saw a familiar figure with an outfit which also seem familiar.

 

“Luhan” I called without knowledge of doing so. He turned around and seem shocked for a minute. His lips turned into a smirk and walked over to me. 

 

“Following me are we?” He whispered and I shivered by his haunting voice.

 

“N-no I’m not following you! I’m just getting watermelon for my unnies” I said while pushing him out of the way.

 

“Say whatever you want... like, I will believe YOU.” He answered  and I was very mad at the moment and my face was burning with anger.

 

“Don’t hide it. You like me but... thing is I’ll never ever like YOU” He coldly said and walked away. Even though I’ve only met him a few times but when he said that it felt like being stabbed by a million knives.

 

[Luhan’s POV]

“Don’t hide it. You like me but... thing is I’ll never ever like YOU” I coldly said to her and left. I quickly glanced at her and walked home. Why am I cold to her? Easy. I don’t want to fall in love ever again.

 

 


Sorry for not updating I was a bit busy! Here's the reason Luhan is mean to Seohyunnie~! THANK YOU FOR READING!!! :D