Untitled Chapter [Idk what to call it]

Baby Steps

 

 
Seohyun's POV
 
"L-L-Luhan?" I shouted before cupping my stupid loud mouth and crouched down hiding from his vision. I hear some shuffling and figured he heard my voice. I peak to see if he is awake and aware if I'm there. Apparently not. He lightly snores and I get up slowly and rub my eyes to confirm if I was seeing things or not. I even smack myself. I still see Luhan sleeping peacefully on the bed. -He's not a dream, I'm not just seeing him... He's real-
 
I walk closer to the bed and notice his dark circles under he's eyes. -Their worse than Tao's- *Ding!* my phone notifies I have a message. I widen my eyes when I see Luhan moving and stealthily run towards his balcony. -Crap! If I'm caught- wait. Why do I act like some criminal?- I straighten up and check my phone. One message from Kris.
 

To Seohyun.

Sorry, Seohyun. I fell asleep before I could continue on what I was suppose to send you. I must've clicked send by mistake.
 
From Kris
I face palm myself as I read his message. -Is he really that clumsy?- Before I could reply, he messages me again.

To Seohyun.

What I meant was, yes but only Suho knows. 
 
From Kris.

Once again, I facepalmed myself and thought how stupid he could get. -He must've been tired and couldn't function properly, yea that's it- I replied to him telling how he could've just said no, only Suho knows. That would've made me so not worked up and end up seeing Luhan. I rolled my eyes and put my phone away at his response. A 'Whatever, I need to sleep now.' I stared into the night sky on Luhan's balcony. 

"The stars seem less today huh?" A voice says and I flinch. I turn to where the voice was and fortunately it's not Luhan. 
 
"Suho! You scared me!" I whisper loud enough so he could hear from the next balcony, "what are you doing here?" 
 
"Star gazing. It makes me relieve stress." He answered while staring into the night sky. 
 
"Stress? I never knew you had any." I asked casually as if I was always here in the EXO dorm and had never left. 
 
"Mhm. Lately, the members aren't doing well and aren't what we use to be." He started, "we've even thought of giving up on being as one and sticking to normal lives countless of times and one of them is today." I duck my head and sadly thinking of how they might've felt. 
 
"Is it because of me?" I mumbled.
 
"No! It's just Luhan isn't Luhan anymore since he heard that you died four years ago." Suho explained, "no one is themselves anymore." 
 
"WHAT? Died?" I shouted in shock. 
 
"Shh, Luhan might wake up even though he is a heavy sleeper." I cupped my mouth after Suho had reminded me that Luhan was in that very room. "Come to my room." I nodded and climbed over the balcony to reach to Suho's room.
 
Narrator's POV 
As Seohyun yelled in shock, Luhan shifted in his bed as he was half awake hearing the deafening sound coming from his balcony. He trudged heavily to the window getting ready to open the door to see who it was until he heard two voices. One surely belonged to Suho but he couldn't define who he was talking to. Luhan, who was now wide awake, sat on his bed and looked at the figure confusingly. Who was it? This question lingered in his mind until, the curtains moved because of the wind and Luhan could see a fraction of that person's face. 
 
Even though, it was a dark night, Luhan recognized her. He fell to the ground as Suho spoke but he didn't hear any words as the shock of seeing her claimed too much to take for him. Tears started to spill as she left his balcony to go to Suho's. "Come in here, it's cold." Suho spoke. When Luhan heard the door close tightly and was sure they couldn't hear him, he broke down in tears and cried. -Is this a dream?- He thought sobbing loudly. I shook his head and put himself into a ball still crying. It was unbearable pain seeing the person he had thought that had died all those years ago here, right on his balcony. He soon fell asleep with a tear stained face.
 
Meanwhile, when Luhan was sobbing on the other side, Suho had invited Seohyun for a cup of tea in his room he had previously shared with Sehun but now is alone. Seohyun sat on a chair by his bed and sipped the tea elegantly, even holding the cup with all fingers except the pinky. "So, you just said before that I died four years ago?" Seohyun asked raising a brow at Suho.
 
"Well, apparently you went missing and your step mom said that-" 
 
"Step mom? She said what?" Seohyun asked putting down the cup.
 
"Wait, I'm finishing it and she said that you died three days after you left." Suho explained to the confused girl.
 
"So? Everyone thought I died but I just left-"
 
"For America. Yes, that's it." Suho finished off for her. Seohyun gaped at him for knowing the fact.
 
"So? Why didn't you tell the members that I'm not dead." She reasoned.
 
"They won't believe it, you know with the ceremony and death certificate." He answered looking everywhere but her. He felt a bit guilty when he saw the look on her eyes. Betrayal.
 
"Who did this?" She demanded him to tell standing up.
 
"Calm down, your step mom did this." Suho stood up and brought the angry girl down giving her a cup of tea. She took it and heavily took a deep breath gulping the liquid in one go before putting it back down.
 
"She did it? No wonder we're bankrupted." She scoffed crossing her arms.
 
"You're bankrupted?" Suho innocently asked and she nodded. "Oh, I didn't know that."
 
"You should've, ever since she declared I was dead." Seohyun said and Suho looked at her with a understanding look. He knew what she meant now. They talked until sunrise and Seohyun insisted that Suho would get some sleep and she would continue to be like a ghost in the house, not bothering anyone with her unknown presence.
 
She went to the attic, and moved in there, where Suho said she should just stay in her room but she declined saying she was use to the attic and it seemed more 'homely' to her. To her, the attic in EXO's dorm was bigger than hers, it was much more spacious and oddly, had a bed.
 
She slept that morning, peacefully at that, and seemed like she wasn't there at the first place. Luhan had woken up with a sore body and a tired face. He groaned as he got ready for his day and remembered the events of last night. That woke him up. He raced to the room and stared at the door gulping ever so nervously. "Luhan! What's going on?" Suho asked when he saw Luhan by the door of Seohyun's room. Luhan ignored Suho and twisted the door open. Suho quietly let out a sigh when he knew that Seohyun wasn't here.
 
Suho wasn't the bad guy here. You must be thinking why Suho is like this? He's helping Seohyun. In a way where he was sworn not to tell anyone she lived in the house. "Luhan... You've been here many times. She's dead remember?" Suho told him but deep inside he's heart ached seeing the member crumble down in front of him.
 
"You! I heard you talking to her yesterday night! I saw her!" He exclaimed pointing to Suho. Suho knew that Luhan soon would find out somehow but he still remained calm and composed.
 
"You must've been dreaming Luhan, she can't be here." Suho whispered. 
 
"I wasn't dreaming Suho. I know what I saw." He fiercely said and pushed the leader out of the way and desperately searched for her.
 
"Hyung, what's the racket?" Sehun said as he rubbed his eyes.
 
"Luhan's at it again." Kai said and sighed, "Luhan, she's dead you know." He commented earning a punch from Luhan. 
 
"Stop it! She's not dead! She's here! I heard her..." He sobbed kneeling down. "I need to see her, please tell me where she is..." He begged and Suho looked at Kris worriedly. They both badly wanted to tell her where she was but Seohyun wouldn't allow.
 
"Xiumin, Tao." Kris ordered and they both knew what they had to do. They went up to Luhan and held him still, not like Luhan could fight them anyways. Luhan struggled to get out but ended up giving up and laid there lifeless once more. "Bring him in his room." He instructed with a sigh. Xiumin and Tao did what they were told and did just that.
 
"Kris... Seohyun's in there." Suho directed him to the attic which was obviously too low for the giant. "She insisted being invisible." 
 
"That's no good. Everyone is so 'dead' even Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Usually they would be loud and I was thankful at first but gosh, I take that back." Kris babbled.
 
"Kris! I'm trying to sleep! ...Is that true though?" Seohyun came out and asked. The leaders nod slowly and Seohyun just sighs. "But what can I do?" 
 
"Meet them again." Suho concluded after a long talk. They discussed a lot of ideas and shared how everyone was, saying that this happens every year when it's nearly her sudden 'death' anniversary. 

"DINNERRR!" D.O shouted loudly and everyone gathered slowly except for Luhan and Seohyun. 

"Yay..." They say, heck they didn't even have a appetite to eat! That's crazy! Seohyun stayed in the attic with a grumbling stomach and told herself that she would make some food later at night. 
 
Suho's POV
We all sat silently and ate. It was a uncomfortable silence which none of us were used to but no one spoke. All was heard was a grumble of a stomach and D.O spoke to me. "Seohyun's up there hungry and you're not inviting her? Tsk tsk. What a mean leader." He wagged his finger and I dropped my chop sticks.
 
"Y-y-you-"
 
"I know, I saw her okay?" He quickly replied and pushed me toward the attic. I sighed in relief that I wouldn't have to hide her anymore and asked her to come with me. 
 
"What if they see me?" She kept asking when I was pulling her down slowly. 
 
"Just follow me." 
 
"Welcome back!" Sehun cooed and Seohyun stared at him shocked before hugging him in tears.
 
"Yes, I'm back. I'm so so sorry." She said emotionally. 
 
"There's nothing to be sorry of, it's us that has to say that." Chanyeol spoke up and he was already crying. After I broke the hug with Sehun I dropped to the floor and everyone went up to me helping me.
 
"It's fine, my legs turned weak." Seohyun said and giggles through the tears. Everyone that were present smiled and all did a group hug, sobbing here and there. It was a touching moment for all of them that Seohyun finally came back. They knew she would even though she was declared dead. They never believed her step mom, who flirted with them even, when she crashed into the EXO dorm sobbing. "I can't believe it's been so long." She commented and weakly stood up.
 
"It has." Kai said.
 
"What's with the bruise?" Seohyun questioned tilting her head.
 
"Don't worry about it, it's just something I earned." He said waving it off, although she was unsure, she nodded and beamed at them.
 
"Now, you better update me with everything!" She said and they all nodded telling her everything single detail making her head all dizzy. "Woah! By everything I meant a brief description not every tiny detail!" They all laughed at her small remark.
 
"Fine, by the way. Sooyeon left." D.O added.
 
"Yea. I know that, but why?" 
 
"The school found out she was a bad influence to the school's reputation and expelled her." 
 
"That's harsh." 
 
"You shouldn't be the one saying that, Seohyun." Lay commented.
 
"I know, so? You guys were all acting and Luhan as well." Somehow the word Luhan was hard to say for Seohyun. Maybe she wasn't over the fact her first love betrayed her.
 
"Yep. Sorry we didn't inform you." Chen said.
 
"Well, because I absolutely at acting" she rolled her eyes in a irritated manner making all the members fluster.
 
"It's not-"
 
"Uh..."
 
"We didn't mean-"
 
"I'm joking! You know I'm a actress now right?" Seohyun mentioned and the members looked at her and also glanced at each other. 
 
"Pillow attack!!" Chen ordered and that's how the room was filled with laughter and turned back into the old times. Everyone was glad she was back and the old times were back but they worried about Luhan and eventually persuaded Seohyun to talk to him, using the power of aegyo.
 
 
"Seriously, I can't believe I said yes to aegyo!" Seohyun muttered under her breath as she succeed the flight of stairs. She took a deep breath when she arrived where Luhan had been staying. 
 

Hello~ This one long chapter and I hope you enjoyed it (even just a bit) Somehow, I enjoyed writing this chapter and I'm not even sure about the reason but I just do. It's longer than my previous chapter/s maybe because I enjoyed writing it or maybe because of all the encouragement and support I've been getting from you guys? I don't know. Anticipate to the next chapter~~