The Nerve-Wreaking Performance

Baby Steps

 


 

Weeks passed like a breeze as the promised performance was close. I breathed in and out hoping my nervousness would vanish. I was backstage getting ready, I had decided to sing as my challenge instead of doing both dancing and singing. I suggested the song I wanted to do and my teacher was surprised. Why? 
 
That... I'll let you to figure it out. Tiffany had to prepare for her performance so Taeyeon unnie came a supported me. Actually unnies are having a duet together, as the list of performances had said.
 
I was actually very nervous as this would be the first time I would be on a stage I can't do this! Let alone it being in front of the while school! I'm sweating and nervous, what if I make a mistake? What if they don't like it? I ask myself these questions and want to do my best.
 
"You'll be fine, Seohyun." Taeyeon sees me uncomfortable and talks to me, "I've seen you practice" 
 
"B-but what if- this is not good?" I ask tears nearly shedding because of the pressure.
 
"Don't worry, trust me. You'll do fine. Just think of something while you sing. Relate to the song" she tells me.
 
"B-but" 
 
"No more buts! Come on, it's nearly your turn" she says and I panic, "aish, I shouldn't have said that" she mumbles and dials the phone. After some whispering, she smiles at me and her performance with Tiffany is on, leaving me alone.
 
I sit there watching my unnies perform and fiddle with my fingers. I think of many possibilities that could happen while being on that stage. Will I do good? Will I pass? And what ifs. The song comes to a end and Taeyeon and Tiffany come running down, sweating. It must be nerve-wreaking. 
 
"Are you okay unnie?" I ask seeing her gulp her water down. 
 
"It's fun, Seohyun. Don't need to worry" Tiffany patted my back and walked off, preparing for her solo event. You see, Tiffany is a senior in major performing arts as she always works hard and is determine. I guess it's her time to shine.
 
I breathe in and out again as its nearly my turn. Someone taps my shoulder and I turn around with a smile- not anymore. It's immediately turns into a frown as I see Luhan in front of me. What did he want?
 
"I'm here to see you perform" he says and smiles his angelic smile. -Don't fall for his trap, Seohyun, he's betrayed the group-
 
"Why are you here? You are welcomed here!" I exclaimed my blood boiling.
 
"I'm only here for friend support" he say and grabs my hand. I roughly push it away and glare at him.
 
"Friends? I would never call the person who choose foes over friends. Any day." I said and I stomped off. I was so angry I had to gulp a heap of water to calm down. 
 
"Seohyun!" Someone called and I saw 7 boys running my way. 
 
"Oh! Guys what are you doing here?"  I asked the infinite boys.
 
"We came to cheer for you on your first performance!" Sungjong chirped. 
 
"Yep! We know how that feels! Nervous?" Sungyeol added and I nodded agreeing.
 
"Don't worry, Seohyun. We'll always support you as well as the others. Remember we will always be by your side" Sunggyu encouraged and I nodded now determined. 
 
"What are you performing?" Woohyun asked and the boys leaned in to listen as well. 
 
"It's-" 
 
"Next! Seo Joo Hyun! Performing 'Speak Now!" the MC called and the infinite boys gaped.
 
"What?"
 
"Isn't that an English song?!?" The all exclaimed.
 
"Yea, so? See you oppas later!" I said running towards the stage. * dugeun dugeun* my heartbeat beats as fast as a racing car as I step on the stairs leading on stage. The lights turn off and I position myself remembering to grab my guitar. 
 
 
The lights turn back on and I close my eyes taking a deep breath before strumming my guitar at the sound of the audience's claps. I move to the beat of the song and it seems fine right now. I'm wearing a light pink dress with a long extension at the back. To add with the elegance of the dress, a flower crown is added on top of my head. I remember everyone's advices and start to sing. I don't know how I sound but I'm sure of one thing. I'm enjoying it. A lot.
 
I remember what Luhan had once said, when we hanged out in the music rooms. "You must enjoy singing or dancing to be able perform well" I guess he helped heaps. I stand up and walk to the ledge and stand strumming my guitar, continuing with the song. 
 
Soon, it's nearly the ending of my solo performance, as streamers fly down giving it a elegant yet fun kind of feel to the performance. When I finish I take a deep breathe and my unnies hug me, congratulating on my achievement. 
 
I smile and hug the others one by one and surprisingly, I see Luhan in the distance watching all of us and I feel a pang a guilt hitting my chest making me feel stuffy inside. 
 
"Unnies I have to go and rest now!" I say and they nod in agreement.
 
"Seohyun!" Luhan called and I turned around and waited for him to catch up.
 
"What is it?" I ask crossing my arms.
 
"Can we talk?" He says, nearly begging. I could see his eyes were full of guilt and sorry but should I? Should I give him a chance to clear the misunderstanding? 
 

Hey guys! I'm back to update you see... It's a tiny bit short but yea sorry! >.< if your in Seohyun's situation would you give Luhan a chance to explain himself?