Memories

Baby Steps

 

 
 
Seohyun's POV 
 
"Yes, I'm back, Kris"
 
"Indeed you are." Kris replied, "how was your 2 years in America?"
 
"I learnt a lot and done this and that." I told him, "how's everyone?"
 
"Their in Uni doing fine." He replies ad furrow my eyes.
 
"What Uni? I expected for them to be idols or actors." 
 
"They are. Well, partly. An idol needs to go school still you know?" He explained and I nodded my head. "How's Jessica?" 
 
"The ice princess is doing fine and you contact her anyways why ask me?!?" I complained. 
 
"Told you to stop bring that topic up!" Kris said.
 
"Well, too bad, too sad!" I poked my tongue out running off.
 
"Hey! Wait!" 
 
"Looks like the cool guy isn't cool anymore!" I shouted giggling. 
 
"LOOK THRE SHE IS!! MISS JOOHYUN!!!" The reporter shouted and camera flashed. I stopped running and started to hide my face, after that's the first instinct when you see a camera with high quality stutters. Kris finally caught up to me to whatever the situation was he dragged me out. 
 
"W-what w-was that?" He puffed once we out in the car. "I knew you were a famous actress but I never knew you would be THIS famous." I giggled at his outburst and he looked at me confused.
 
"Not just actress but singer too, Oppa!" I said giggling, "Oppa, we should leave unless you want to be dead meat!" 
 
"What??? You never told me you were a singer too and alright, lets get going." He said and sped off onto the streets. 
 
"You never asked Oppa." I answered scanning the view, "Korea's still the same huh?" 
 
"It's always was. Somethings won't ever change you know." Kris said. For some reason, I felt as though he was talking about Luhan. 
 
"Like your crush with Jessica." I said and he abruptly stopped the car obviously surprised. "YAH! Oppa! We could've died!" I shout. He starts the car once again and drives smoothly.
 
"Who told you to say that?" He said, "if we died, it would've been your fault!" 
 
"Alright, Mr Cold Guy. Oppa, can you stop here?" I asked looking onto the roads that seem so familiar.
 
"Isn't this place your step mothers place?" He asked as he stepped out and I nod to confirm.
 
"Oppa, wait for me okay? I want to go alone."I tell him. I walk up the stairs of the building and reminisce the old painful memories held in this house. "Hello?" I take off my sunglasses I was wearing and place it on the old kitchen bench. I scan the room; so old and different. 
 
"Qri! Come here! No time for slacking off!!!" I hear a shout and know it must be my step mother. I breathe in and walk up the creaky stairs. "QRI! FIX THE STAIRS I CAN STILL HEAR IT CREAK!!!" She shouts again and I wince. 
 
"I'm sorry, omma. I'll do it straight away." I hear someone sob. I open the main door of this house leading to omma's room. Once, I open it I bump into a dirty, sobbing and a person who's just wear rags. At once I thought of myself and those times where I've suffered under her treatment. 
 
"I SAID NO DIST-oh? Who are you?" She asks taking a cucumber slice off her eyes. Tsk. She doesn't even remember me now? Typical. 
 
"I'm Seohyun." I reply.
 
"Seohyun? You can't be! Not that good for nothing child." She answered and I gritted my teeth. 
 
"Remember this?" I show her a scar she burned on me years ago and she widened her eyes. 
 
"OMO! It's really is you! Seohyun baby!" She said in a sickenly sweet voice coming to embrace me. 
 
"No! You witch! You've treated me like dirt and now I've become successful you come crawling to me?!?" I burst.
 
"No, honey. That was a mistake. It's in the past, how about you forget the past and just move along." She said sweetly again. I pushed her away from my grip.
 
"I've had enough! Now, your making Qri a slave as well? SHE YOUR OWN DAUGHTER FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!" I yell. She's taken by surprise as she sits down. 
 
"Heh! They're not even mine, they are worthless children who do nothing. Even that Sooyeon ran away and left." She said and laughed like crazy. 
 
"Left?" I asked.
 
"Yea what else? After we lost all our riches, she left." She explained.
 
"No... What about appa?" I asked. 
 
"Him? He's probably in the hospital or even better dead." She said and I slapped her. 
 
"No one says that to my dad especially you." I warned her while she laughed like crazy holding a wine glass in once hand. 
 
"She's gone crazy, Seohyun. You must leave." Qri warned and I stared at her state. 
 
"What about you?" I asked furrowing my brow.
 
"I'll stay with her, even though she isn't my mother. She's taken care of me so-" Qri said but got cut by me.
 
"No time to say these kind of stuff. She looks like she's gonna burn this place." I said and pulled Qri out and pushing her in Kris' car, telling him I'll explain later.
 
"Where now?" Kris asked. 
 
I gulped before I could answer but it was the only choice. "EXO dorm." I said.
 
"But that's-" Qri argued.
 
"No buts Qri and Kris drive." I said and he nodded. Silence eloped all of us as we focused on our own thoughts.
 
"Aren't you scared to meet Luhan again?" Qri spoke up. I shook my head.
 
"I've noticed it's just a little crush and I've gone too far and plus, from what I've learnt back in America is that running away isn't how you solve a problem, facing it is." I explained, "I'm gonna apologize to him and let him explain. After all, he must feel guilty all these years and I don't want him to be like that anymore." 
 
"We're here!!" Kris announced he took out my luggage and helped me put it on the stairs before us.
 
"Hey... Is Kris your butler?" Qri whispered. 
 
"You could say so." I said and skipped in the house, "by the way, your forgiven Qri unnie. We'll talk more later okay?" I turned around and took her by surprise but she seemed happy. Another thing I learnt? Is to forgive and forget for people who deserve it of course and past is past, look forward to the future.
 
I stepped inside the memory dorm and memories flowed inside my head and scenes flashed one by one. "Their not here yet, they have dance practice." Kris said as he put my luggage in the house.
 
"Then, what are you doing here?" I asked pointed to him while raising my brow.
 
"I was excused from it to pick up Miss Famous and Talented." He commented.
 
"Why, how sweet of you Kris!" I replied and giggled. 
 
"I haven't seen you happy in a while Seohyun, and I'm sure the other miss you." Kris said sitting down with sweat dripping down his forehead, "especially the maknaes." 
 
"I missed everyone too!" I replied, "I'll be unpacking now, the old room?" I asked.
 
"The old room." He replied and I walked to the room next to Luhan's. "I'm back..." 

 


A/N: GOSH FINALLY I UPDATE!!!  Firstly I'm sorry I haven't updated like forever! The reason to this is because I went to a trip to a island (since its holidays) when I got home I vomited and found out I was sick and was bed ridden for 2 days (BTW that's the worst feeling ever) I recovered a bit yesterday but I didn't even write a freaking chapter so couldn't update... And I wrote it today instead! For those who think its short-I'm sorry, I'm using the iPad with the app Notes on it and it looks so long but results to- yea... Hopefully this chapter is like a fill in chapter for all those missing parts... 

THANKS FOR PATIENTLY WAITING AND SORRY ONCE AGAIN *Bows 90 degrees over and over again*