Appa's home?

Baby Steps

 

Seohyun's POV
 
 
I woke pretty late this morning and when I saw myself today I looked like a living zombie and I felt like one too. As I went down stairs I saw my appa at home “appa” I whispered in an soft, audible voice.
 
 
“Oh darling! I’m home- Why is your eyes puffy? What happened?” He kept asking and from the corner of my eyes I could step-mom glare at me signalling me to not say anything bad about her.
 
 
 
“Nothing appa something just came up” I said in a teary voice.
 
 
 
“Come on tell appa” He encouraged me at that I wanted to hug him and tell him everything that was happening between that witch and her family.
 
 
 
“No... Appa you just came home and I’m making the mood sad and stop worrying about me so much I’m growing up!” I said as I wiped my tears and tried to be cheery.
 
 
 
“Arasso” He said and went over to get something. “But... first I bought some presents!!” he showed us one by one.
 
 
 
Step-mother aka the witch got a diamond ring, Sooyeon and Qri got expensive clothes of course they LOVED it and went to hug him.  “Honey you didn’t have to buy us these” Step mom said and held it towards my appa, even though I knew she was happy to receive it and probably hoping he will decline it so she can show off to her friends.
 
 
 
“No keep it... that’s what a husband should do isn’t it?” Appa declined pushing it back and she ‘pretend’ she accepted it for his sake but in reality she was obviously happy. “Seohyun come with me” appa had said.
 
 
 
“Deh” I replied and followed him into my ‘fake room’. 
 
 
 
“I want you to have this” appa said as me passed me a necklace“Even though I won’t be always here let this be by your side and give you hope to follow your dreams” He said and I hugged him letting out a cry because of his encouraging words.
 
 
 
“Thank you appa, thank you” I silently sobbed and thanked him over and over. 
 
 
 
“So tell me anything happened that I should know?” He asked I just shook my head. 
 
 
 
“Nothing appa nothing at all.” I replied. “You should go down to omma I want to stay here a bit.” I said remembering to call step mom omma when he was around.
 
 
 
“Sure?” He asked again.
 
 
 
“Deh appa” I reassured and lead him outside. When he was out of site I walked to the attic and I quietly closed the attic door so that appa wouldn’t notice me walking from room to another. Correction, to the small squashed attic. -sigh-
 
 
 
“SEOHYUN!” I hear my appa shout but in a fatherly way.
 
 
 
“Deh coming!” I shout back knowing he won’t hear me properly. I rush towards the ‘fake’ room aka Qri’s room and pretend I step out of it. Step mom told me that whenever appa comes home which is very rare. “What is it appa?”
 
 
 
“I have to leave for business again Seohyun” He said and I was pretty used to this but I let tears drop. “Don’t cry... appa will come back to visit again” He said and I nodded for his sake he then kissed the whole family and took his suitcase and left.
 
 
 
*Click* -sigh- -Here comes my awful life- “SEOHYUN GO AND CLEAN THE DISH AND MAKE US DINNER” She says I want to protest and say can’t you do it yourself but I can’t she the boss of this house after all, it’s her property. My life can’t get any better living like hell I just want to leave to another place but to who?
 
 
[That night]
 
 
“Seohyun-ah” I hear Sooyeon call me sweetly, which in my case is odd.
 
 
 
“Deh unnie?” I ask.
 
 
 
“Can I umm... borrow some money?” She asked. 
 
 
 
“I don’t have any money unnie” I said. She hen starts to look around.
 
 
 
“Aha! I’ve found it” She screams I turn around and I see her going through my closet to take out my... piggy bank. She then breaks the piggy bank and counts the money. “Wow I knew you had money but not this MUCH!” She exclaims. 
 
 
 
“No! Not my money I’ve saved up!” I yell.
 
 
 
“WHAT’S ALL THE RACKET I HEAR?” Step-mom’s footsteps become louder and I see her coming towards my room. “WHAT IS THIS NOISE I CAN BAR- Sooyeon where did you find all that money?” She asked. Sooyeon unnie just points to me. “Wow Seohyun I never knew you had saved up money... now that we need it we’ll be taking it all.”
 
 
 
“NOOO please don’t take it I need it for my scholarship!” I exclaim crying.
 
 
 
“Well we need it to feed the family and after all the years I’ve been looking after you under my roof and this is what you repay me!?! I shall take the money instead.” She then takes all the money and leave me crying my eyes out.
 
 
 
“No... my money that I’ve saved up...” I sobbed holding the necklace that dad had given me. That night I had another night crying my eyes out of because of my money that was saved up for 10 years is now gone. To them...
 
[Phone rings]
 
"Hello?" I ask in a cracked voice.
 
 
"Oh! Seohyun? Are you okay?" The person asked.
 
 
"Deh something happened." I reassured but I don't think I'm okay at the moment.
 
 
"Do you want to come out and tell me?" He asked.
 
 
"...Sure I need fresh air right now too." I said after much consideration.
 
 
"Meet me at the park near the school" He said over the line and the hangs up. I sigh and sneak out of the house and head to the park.

AUTHOR'S NOTE : 

Sorry there's no EXO or INFINITE in this but some might be in the next chapter! :D Who is she is meeting? Any guesses?
 
HINT: Same birthday