Feelings

Baby Steps

A/N: Sorry for not updating for about two months haha. My bad... Subscribe, Comment, Upvote and Enjoy~!


Author's POV.

“Here, have some.” Baekhyun gestured giving Seohyun his sandwich. She smiled at him as a sign of thanks and bit the sandwich. The EXO boys stared at the two gaping their jaws off.

 

Baekhyun, who felt that it was too quiet, turned around with a confused face before he had realize what had happened. They just shared a indirect kiss. By now, Baekhyun’s face was bright red like sun, where they we’re apparently sitting under. 

 

Luhan had came back with Xiumin and boy, they we’re sweating. They hadn’t noticed the awkwardness Baekhyun had been surrounded in until, they dug in to eat their share of food. Xiumin turned to Chen and whispered, “What happened to Baekhyun?” Chen sighed before whispering to his ear. Xiumin broke into a smile before a slight frown. He had mixed feelings by now, was it a good chance for Luhan to forget Seohyun? He knew Luhan had still let his feelings for Seohyun remain but he wasn’t sure about it now.

 

“Lu ge.” Xiumin called and before the elder could utter another word, the boys pull him back glaring at him. “Luhan, I-I-” 

 

“Shhhh!” They told Xiumin but he was sure persistent in what he was going to say next. They let their hands go, thinking he would have learnt his lesson but unfortunately for them he hadn’t.

 

“Luhan, can you pass me the sauce?” He asked receiving weird looks from Luhan and dumbfounded ones to his dongsaengs. 

 

“Hyung! What did you do that for?” Sehun nudged him.

 

“What? I needed sauce. Is that wrong?” Xiumin shrugged and kept eating, leaving a Sehun absolutely speechless.

 

Sehun shuffled back to his allocated spot on the picnic rug and silently ate. “Hey, what about we play a game?” Chanyeol suggested and everyone turned to him, eyes with interest.

 

“What game?” 

 

“Truth or dare.” He suggested again and everyone groaned.

 

“Not that again!” Sehun whined, “Every time we play it, something always happens to Kris hyung.” Kris’ face becomes flustered and red. Although, they we’re all chatting and having fun, Baekhyun was quietly on the sidelines eating.

 

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun! Stop eating all the food!” Kyungsoo called making every glare turn his way.

 

“Aish, mianhae. You caught me!” He said putting his hands up.

 

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo walked up to him while the others were back to chatting.

 

“Nothing.” Baekhyun replied making Kyungsoo frown.

 

“Sure? You know I’ve got your back.” Kyungsoo patted the latter’s back. With a sigh, Baekhyun spoke.

 

“Seohyun’s dad...” He murmured but it had got her attention as she sniveled around quickly and looked at Baekhyun.

 

“What about appa?” 

 

“I saw him... yesterday to be exact.” Baekhyun replied looked at Seohyun for a reaction.

 

She showed no emotion at all.

 

Silence.

 

Seohyun stood up slowly, and dragged the boy to another place to chat. “Appa...” She spoke.

 

“He was sleeping out outside the burnt house.” Baekhyun explained and Seohyun knew which house it was.

 

“He’s not, dead?” Seohyun gulped trying to process Baekhyun’s words.

 

“No, he isn’t. I actually talked to him yesterday and...” Baekhyun drifted off.

 

“And what?” By now, Seohyun’s words were slightly muffled up.

 

“He thought you had died. He’s been waiting for you.” At that sentence, Seohyun broke down into tears - happy tears in fact - that her father was still alive. “I can call off the project and you can go off to meet him now.” 

 

“I-I” 

 

“Go, Seohyun. You would never know if this is your last chance or not.” Seohyun looked up to see Luhan starring at her softly giving her a reassured smile. 

 

She bit her lip.

 

It may be her last chance and she is not gonna lose it. Her father who was said to be dead might no, will be seeing her. “Thanks guys, I’ll be seeing you later.” She smiled at them gratefully before leaving with hope.


 

“Appa.” Seohyun spoke gasping for air. A man was lying on a cardboard box by the house Seohyun knew all so well. His complexion was pale and looked like he hadn’t eaten for days. He’s head rose and gasped at the sight of his daughter.

 

“Seohyun...” He stood up and looked at her face, “You’re alive.” He said and hugged her not letting her go.

 

“Hyung, isn’t this like a love scene?” 

 

“Shh it, Oh Sehun. They haven’t seen each other in years so let them have their moment.”

 

“Oh, hyung! It’s not like you didn’t miss her too!” 

 

“Oh Sehun, shut up.”

 

“Fine.” The said man had shut up and pouted, “Hyung, let’s go, I’m hungry.”

 

“Yea, let’s go.” He tore his eyes off them letting a soft smile graced on his face.

 

“Seohyun, are you alright? Did that witch harm you?” 

 

“I’m alright appa, the question is are you alright?” Seohyun spoke after the reuniting scene.

 

“Just a bit sick but I’ll be fine.” He commented letting out a laughter of joy.

 

“That’s good. Appa, where have you been these past few years?” She asked her father. Sure, the haven’t met in a long time but the bond of a father and daughter was still there.

 

“Work was hard and we got bankrupted but that showed the true feelings of that witch.” He snarled.

 

 “I see, you’ve been working hard appa.” Seohyun responded and walked over the bench near the burnt house, “Sit appa.” 

 

“How have you been?” he conversed.

 

“I’ve been fine, I went to America with sad feelings but came back with a refreshed new life with the boys.” She answered showing a smile.

 

“I’m sure, that your happy.” 

 

“I am.”

 

“How’s it going with Luhan?” 

 

“We’re still friends and nothing more I guess.” She replied showing a sad face.

 

“I thought-” He replied.

 

“We never dated, there we’re many misunderstandings so I left, appa.” She replied to her father’s suspicions.

 

“Do you like him though?” He eagerly asked.

 

“As a friend? Yes I do but otherwise I’m not sure...” Seohyun trailed off before receiving a slight frown on her face, “But appa, why do you ask?”

 

“Well, since I’m gonna live with you, I have to know who you like!” He exclaimed making Seohyun burst into a fit of laughter. 

 

“No way! Who said you’re gonna live with me?” She giggled.

 

“How dare you not let your own father live with you!” He bellowed jokingly.

 

“Mister! I know your Seohyun’s father but you shouldn’t have yelled at your own daughter like that.” Luhan and the rest came up to him and nodded at Luhan’s words.

 

“What’s... going on?” Seohyun asked peering through the boys, “We were joking like we ALWAYS do.” 

 

“Oh.” Luhan said and bowed many times including all of EXO. Making Seohyun’s father laugh.

 

“Don’t worry about it, Luhan.” He said patting the latter’s back. “I’m getting tired now, let’s go Seohyun.” 

 

“Deh, appa!” Seohyun cheerfully said.

 

“Seohyun.” Her father called.

 

“Deh?”

 

“About that Luhan guy.” 

 

“What about him?” She asked raising a brow. Her dad leaned in and whispered to her.

 

“He’s a keeper.” He winked at her making her blush at the though of her and Luhan. 

 

Although, Luhan had betrayed her, she had forgiven him and truthfully, her feelings for Luhan were still there. 

 

Her feelings for him had never changed. 

 

Not even one bit.

 

She didn’t question herself when she arrived in Seoul, the fact she had missed him so much told her that she liked him no, love is a more accurate word for her feelings for a guy named, Luhan.