43

EXO academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the quiet before the storm. I could tell that much. The beach was filled with students and all the teachers. There were some of those Wendingo creatures standing just off shore, but no one was moving. We all were watching the boats slowly coming towards us.

“Kris.” A boy turned to Kris, but his voice sounded wrong. “Don’t do this. We are not looking for a battle. We only require you. Come peacefully and no one will be hurt.”

“No one?” I stepped towards the boy and he looked to me. His eyes were clouded over and distant. “Including Kris? Nothing would happen to him?” They didn’t answer me, just went back to Kris.

“Don’t do this. Innocent will die.” He boy insisted. “Don’t make us kill you.” Luhan leaned towards me and put a hand over his mouth.

“A telepath and a strong one too.” He whispered but didn’t take his eyes off the boy. “Kris doesn’t do what they want any more. They have been trying to get rid of him for a long time.” Kris’s eyes flicked to me before landing back on the boy.

“You know my answer.” The boy sighed, but nodded.

“Fine, let his death mark the first of many.” His eyes grew wide and he grabbed his throat. His breathing grew ragged and airy.

“Seungwoo!” Chen yelled and ran for the boy. “Hey, stay with me Seungwoo.” The boy collapsed, but Chen caught him. “Yixing!”

Yixing ran over and put his hands on the boy’s chest. His fingers flitted around for a few seconds before he looked up at Chen.

“No. Seungwoo, come one Seungwoo.” Chen pulled the boy to his chest. “Remember everything you told me, about how you were going to see your little sister again. Think about your sister.” The boy was crying, but he couldn’t make any noise. Chen continued trying to console him and Yixing came towards Kris.

“They removed a lung and destroyed the other.” He said quietly, but I heard it still. Kris nodded solemnly. He knelt next to the dying boy and took his hand.

“I’m so sorry for what happened to you Seungwoo, but I will kill the one who did this to you.” He usually kept back from the students, but now he was showing emotion to this one. It was strangely nice. “Rest now, close your eyes. You’ll feel better.” The boy nodded and closed his eyes. Kris nodded to Tao and the boy became deathly still.

“We need a strategy.” Kris stood up and the teachers circled around him. “They are going to try to get into the minds of the students and turn them against us. You all have had training so they shouldn’t be able to get you with a casual sweep. They would have to work to get at you.

“Kai, find your student, the one who has been working on her telepathy. See if she can put up a shield over the island.” Kai nodded and disappeared. Kris didn’t even blink. “Suho, get the pack together and position them at the other side of the island. They will try to gain access from there and attack us from the back. Hurry, I don’t know if the wards we placed there will hold. Especially since someone did her best to ruin them.” He looked at me, but I didn’t know what he was ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter