019

EXO academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That winter was short and bitter. The snow and cold was gone by the end of March. Flowers were popping up and people seemed to be in a good mood. Strangely enough people even were getting along the best I had seen all year. The teacher seemed anxious about something though. All that day I had only seen a few of them. 

Since the day was still young and I hadnt explored the western side of the island I decided to take a walk. Aron called warnings to be careful, but soon the school fell behind and I was alone on the trail. 

The path split into three directions and I wasn’t ready to go back, so I took the path to the left. It led me into the deep woods, where the trees towered and the brush crept up on the path.

I hummed quietly to myself as I went along, stopping every so often to smell a flower or look at a plant. It was really peaceful out here, where there was no noise or commotion. Probably because there were no people…

A loud snap followed by heavy rustling came from the trees behind me. I didn’t think, I just ran. Multiple some things tore after me.

Branches and sticks smacked me and tripped me once, but I didn’t stop until I stumbled into a meadow. The only path to get out was the one I just came from and the bramble made a wall five feet tall around me. I was trapped and what ever was following me was coming.

When I was a child, my neighbor had a Siberian husky as a pet for three years. I would be at their house when ever I could, playing with it. That was the closest thing I could think of to describe what stepped out of the shadows.

It stood maybe three and a half feet tall, but it looked more than threatening. Like an angry husky. Or a wild one… Huskies were in the same family as wolves. That was a wolf. No, that was multiple wolves.

The lead wolf was a chestnut color and his fur looked soft, almost like a pampered dog. Five followed him, but stopped at the edge. The last one caught my attention. He was smaller than the others and he was adorable. He looked chubbier than the others and his brown fur seemed to stick out in every direction and there were almost blond colored patches scattered around his body. He almost reminded me of someone, but the others distracted me before I could think on it.

One was the color of blond hair, almost like the sun and he stood solemnly, not moving, but watching me. One had dark brown fur and he seemed to be the youngest, his feet and tail were fidgeting and constantly moving.

The last one looked so calm. His fur was brown and his eyes seemed to be less red than the others. He almost looked like he could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter