009

EXO academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silently, I watched students milling around the quad. Clearly, there were clicks just like any high school. Lying in the grass by the dorms were the artistic kids. The kids throwing a ball around had to be the athletics. There ever were a few pot heads lying on their backs by the fountain.

I watched the popular kids longingly. I was one of the popular kids back home, probably because I came from money. Almost everyone here was from old money though, so I wasn’t anything special. I dont even know how old my money was.

Just as that thought crossed my mind I saw one of the scholarship kids. Half of the students despised the scholarships, while the other half wouldn’t care about it even if they were roomed with them.

The kid had shockingly bright orange hair and was a bean pole. He had to be six six, at least. The bag he had over his shoulders looked like it weighed more than he did himself. Even more weight was added when one of the athletics grabbed it and shoved it towards the ground.

Automatically, I got to my feet and started for him, but someone had my wrist in his hand.

“Yun don’t.” Kris said, heading towards the group forming. Everyone scattered when they saw the head master walking towards them, but the kid with orange hair and the athletic stayed.

After my last class for lunch I stayed back, waiting for the paths to clear and for the line to diminish. That was really the only problem I had with the food here. It was so good everyone took plenty. How people here weren't waddling cubby people was another mystery.

A girl was sitting alone on a bench just past the tree line. She was still pretty, but a bit plain for the people here. When she saw me studying her tattered shoes and faded bag she stood and faced me.

“You’re a scholarship kid aren’t you?”

“Yeah, so?” Her voice was hostile.

“No, I was just wondering. I don’t know why people are so bitter to Scholarships.” She just shrugged.

“Some people just .”

"I'm Yun." I stuck my hand out.

"Jae Wun." She took my hand and smiled brightly at me.

"Well it is nice to meet you Jae Wun."

"Your in my Vocal class." We started walking, where I don't know. "He likes you. It's obvious."

"That teacher?" Goose bumps popped from my skin. "I think he is my mentor, that must be why you think that."

"Oh, you think so?" 

"Yeah. I do." I turn to continue to lunch, but she caught my wrist.

"I'm sorry Yun, I didn't mean to offend you."

"You didn't." I yanked my arm back.

"I just want to be your friend."

"Ok." With that I continued forward.

I could smell the garlic from outside the doors and my mouth watered when I saw the stew and garlic rolls waiting for me. I loaded my tray with food and went in search for a table. I spotted Aron walking out the door with a group of his friends, but they left Jae Young at the table. I was just about to call to her when a wad of trash hit her in the shoulder. Before seeing her reaction, I scooped it up and whipped it back at the table of laughing guys.

“Ya!” The one I hit yelled. “What…” He stopped when he saw me storming towards their table.

“Excuse me?” My words snapped. “In what world do you think it’s even remotely alright to be a jerk to someone as awesome as Jae Young? Do you want me to throw my trash at you?” I looked down at the tray in my hands, my stew still steaming in the bowl. Promptly, I dumped all the contents over his head. “If I ever see you doing that to anyone again you I will comeback again.” He left the dinner hall quickly, his friends following while trying to hide their laughter.

After pushing my way past people gathered, some one caught my blazer collar. I turned, ready to swing but stopped. Chanyeol was standing with his arms crossed and an angry look on his face.

“Headmasters office. Now.” He spun my shoulder around and pushed me lightly towards the door.

We walked through the dinner hall and across the quad to the only office building on the island.

“Top floor. Start walking.” As we started the long climb he started talking.

“Sung Yun, I appreciate yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter