020

EXO academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once the buildings were in sight my pace quickened. I didn’t want to be outside any more, but when I saw Tao walking across the quad with his arm bandaged I stopped. He didn’t have that when I saw him this morning.

I ducked behind the fountain and sat on the lip with my feet dangling in the water.

“Of all the people to attempt that, it would be you.” Kris came from the woods and sat next to me. “Do not fall in. I don’t want to get wet again.”

“Wu Fan, are there wolves on Sindo Island?” My question sounded random, but what had just happened was too impossible to have happened.

“I believe so. Why?”

“Are there dogs that could have gotten loose?”

“No. Why?” He turned to face me.

“I…” I didn’t know how to explain without sounding crazy. “Was just wondering.”

“Oh. You know you can tell me anything, right? I won’t think you’re crazy or that you’re lying. Promise.” He bumped my shoulder with his, which would have been fine if I hadn’t been leaning forward. My legs dipped into the water, bur Kris threw his arm around my waist and hauled me back up.

“Maybe you should sit the other way.” He pushed me against him and pulled my legs around to be on the outside. “I really don’t want to go swimming today.”

“Why did you?” He had helped me more than once. A lot of times I wouldn’t have gotten by if not for him. “Save me I mean? You have multiple times.”

“You’re a student. I would…”

“Don’t lie to me.” I interrupted his lie and he took his time before answering. 

“I have this… Desire to protect you. It’s not like I want to, because you are a handful."

“I am accident prone.” He glanced down at me sideways.

“That’s not even why. I just want to make you feel safe. Before you came here my life was easier, but the thought of you leaving or getting hurt makes me sick. I just have no idea why.” Kris slid his hand into mine and watched our entwined hands. My eyes followed his, landing on the mark on my hand.

“That’s an interesting tattoo. When did you get it?” He lifted my hand closer to him, but I pulled it back.

“I don’t really remember. It’s just something I did with my friends.” I jumped to my feet and he stood slowly, as if he knew about the other one. “I should get back. I have cla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter