Social powers

EXO academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Social Powers ✘         “Sometimes you loose a battle.
But mischief always wins the war.”

The next morning came way too soon. Aron told me that breakfast started at seven and that I should shower and dress before I go to breakfast. So even though my first class was at nine, I was still up at seven thirty simply to push my way through the crowded bathroom only to find there was no warm water. Once I got dressed and was walking bleary eyed to the mess hall did I realize how late it was.

Ignoring my grumbling stomach, my feet took my back through the woods towards the classrooms. Students were walking around me, but it wasn’t until I was to the tall buildings did one speak up.

“Yoon. Hey Yoon!” The girl I met last night was standing by the steps waiting for me.

“Hey.” I called back. Jae something. Jae Y… Oh poop.

“How was your first day?”

“Tiring. The only thing I want to do I go to sleep, but I have class and I can’t skip.” Once I reached her she walked next to me.

“Who do you have?” She snagged my schedule out of the pocket of my blazer before reading it. “You have Baekhyun. I think you’ll like him. He’s cool.”

“That’s nice.” She kept talking, but I didn’t respond much. I was too busy not falling asleep on my feet. It was seven at night back at home and I hadn’t slept hardly at all that night.

“He literally is a walking weapon. Yoon?” I snapped my eyes open. I was standing in the middle of an emptying hall. “That is your class.”

“Thanks.” I stumbled in and sat down in a desk. Students were all over the room talking and doing vocal warm ups, but my head was down.

A male voice said something and the students scrambled into seats. There was absolute silence, lulling me to sleep.

“Seong Yoon?” I lifted my head and my breath caught in my throat. None of the other teachers were nearly as gorgeous, y or as perfect as the one standing in front of me. Well maybe Wu Yi Fan. My mind blanked and no words were able to come out of my mouth.

“Are you Seong Yoon?” He was speaking Spanish, so he had to know who I was.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“There is no sleeping in this class.” He handed me a dark yellow binder. “Are you an alto or soprano?”

“First soprano.” He nodded and walked to the front. The entire class was in Korean, but I wouldn’t have paid any attention if it were in Spanish. My eyes never left his face. Well, they did travel down more than once, but they never left him. When the bell rang signaling lunch, I didn’t get up right away.

“I know it will be difficult, but I will try to get you all the information you need.” The professor sat in a desk next to me. “I’m sorry, my name is Byun Baekhyun. You’re Lee Seong Yoon, but I believe I have heard my students say that you like being called Yoon, but only by your friends.” I nodded.

“Well, Yoon, next month there will be a sing off amongst all the students that sing. You will be expected to participate. However, people are rated higher if they sing in another language.

“If you need help preparing, let me know.” He stood up and put his hand on my shoulder. “My door is always open. Most teachers won’t let students come to their personal room, but you can come to mine any time.

“Do you have any questions?” I shook my head. “Then you should get to lunch. It looks like someone is waiting for you.” He walked to a tidy desk in the corner and I walked out of the room.

“Yoon? You alright?” Jae something. I would have to ask Aron later.

“He is so perfect.” We started walking back to the mess hall. “Did you see him? Oh my gosh. He was just so…” I sighed. “Do you know what I mean? Really did you see him though? And I have him…” I whipped out my schedule. “Four times every week.” 

 

 

I glanced at my schedule and my watch. There was more than plenty of time before my English class; I just had to find the stables now.

There was a post with arrows, but everything was in Korean. I stood there, studying it for quite some time. The stables were either to the right, or behind me. They both started with ma and I knew that horse was mal, so I took a guess and started to my right.

The path didn’t go through the woods like every other path; instead it turned quickly to sharp rocks, dune grass and mounds of sand. The mounds were taller than me, easily tall enough to hide a man, which is how I didn’t see him until we hit each other.

“Watch it.” Kyungsoo had fallen with his legs across my chest and his hand behind my back. “I’m sorry Yoon.” I wriggled out from under him and started collecting what had fallen from his bag.

“I didn’t realize anyone else would be out here.” He was dusting himself off and started walking back the way I had come. “I’m terribly sorry, but I am late for my class.” My mentor disappeared around a turn and I looked at my hands.

“Kyungsoo!” I lifted his things. “You left your…” I looked around the bend, but the path was empty all the way back to the buildings. I shrugged, put his items into my bag and continued down the path.

When the mounds of sand ended and the shore line began I knew I took the wrong path, and it didn’t bother me being in the wrong spot at all.

The small bay was a deep teal color with all kinds of small aquatic animals darting around under the surface. All over on the shore were beach flowers swaying in the breeze whose colors ranged throughout the rainbow. It seemed almost too perfect, I half expected dragons to fly down or a unicorn to step up.

I kicked off my shoes and socks to wade out into the water, which was just cool enough to be refreshing. The sand seemed soft on my feet and I wanted to dive in, just swim all day.

I shook my head. No, I don’t want to dive in. It would ruin my hair and my clothes.

But the water was so peaceful and pretty. My hair could be fixed.

“No.” I shook my head again before looking to the shore. Lu Han was watching me.

Dive in. It will be refreshing. Its just clothes.

No. That was not me. I was not thinking those thoughts. Just to prove it, I started walking back to the shore.

Go back out. Swim. It will refresh you.

“I said no.” Someone was in my head, trying to get me to swim. “No.” I walked to the sore and picked up my shoes and bag before shaking my head again.

“Seong Yoon.” Lu Han nodded to me as I hurried past him.

 

 

After going back the way I came and through the campus, I finally found the barns and Mariposa. When she saw me she whinnied and started prancing in her stall.

“Hey baby, sorry mommy didn’t come sooner. She got lost.” She snorted to me as I slid the door open and slipped in. I held my hand out to her, but a mountain of a horse got in my way.

He was a black stallion, easily twenty two hands high and he looked like he had more muscles than two work horses put t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter