30

EXO academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crying woke me. My brain was fuzzy and my actions were slow yet I managed to sit up. Two older students were just leaving and a younger boy was sobbing on the floor. Kyungsoo and Lay were kneeling by him and were trying to soothe him.

My actions were sluggish and I couldn’t think straight. Something was missing, no there wasn’t. My head was thrumming and all I wanted to do was sleep. When the boy’s freighted voice rang out and pulled my attention.

“It was gaunt to the point of emaciation. Its skin was pulled tautly over its bones with its bones pushing out against its skin.” The boy was in Lay’s arms crying. “Its skin was ash gran and its eyes were pushed back deep in its head. It looked like a skeleton fresh from the grave. Its lips were tattered and bloody.” He buried his face into Lay’s shoulder before continuing. “It smelled like death and decay and its skin.”

“Wendigo.” I mumbled and memorize flashed through my head.

“What?” Sehun looked at me quizzically.

“My grandparents lived in Northern Michigan, but they were just stories.” The boy peeked at me. “The Wendigo were half beast creatures than roamed around the Great Lakes. They have an insatiable desire for human flesh and turned into a beast. It looked like what he is describing. They are like a skin walker, but more dead. You would probably know them better by the name of Jikininki? They also go by the name of Wechuge or Rakshasa.”

“I’ve heard of Jikininki before.” Ky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter