Chapter 9

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hey guys:D we're almost reaching fifty subs! HWAITING<3  And good news, MORE SKYDRAGON IN THIS CHAPTER!

As you can already tell, Daniel is a big, fat, stupid jerk. 

Stay tuned to the end for my 'witty' banter x)

ENJOY.

 

 

"JAE YI AND HAN PARK SITTIN' ON A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I sang loudly right when Jae Yi came into our dorm.

Jae Yi giggled and blushed a light pink. "Shut up Chae!" She shoved me and she threw her school bag onto her bed. 

I grabbed the cat squishy Ji Yong bought for me last weekend and hugged it to my chest. "C'mon, tell me more!" I squeaked excitedly to Jae Yi.

Jae Yi plopped next to me on my bed. "Well," she grabs another pillow and leans back. "He is quite good looking." She said with a faraway look in her eyes.

I snorted. "Knowing you, he will be very good looking."

Jae Yi blushed again. "He does well in history." 

I nudged her. "Uh huh, more details about you two please."

"Actually, our gym teacher paired us up for our assignment today." She smiled, glowing like the setting sun. 

"WOAH! More time to spend with your man girl." I teased.

"We are just constructing a routine that's all." She cleared .

"But you still like it don't you," I teased further.

Jae Yi was quiet for a moment before she exploded like fireworks. "YEAH!" She grinned.

I grinned back. I was happy for her.

"I'm watching Runningman now, care to join?" She asked, turning on her laptop.

"I've already seen the latest episode," I stuck out my tongue. "No thanks." Grabbing my towel, I skipped off to the bathroom for a shower.

Minutes later, I returned with my hair dripping wet. I hurriedly tried to catch all the droplets by draping a towel on my neck. 

I ped my bag, sticking my hand in to take out today's homework. Suddenly, I caught sight of Ji Yong's letter. I pull it out eagerly, forgetting all about my homework.

There were two pieces of paper. One is regular lined paper while the other is a luminous pink one.

I ran my eyes over the lined paper first. 

 

"Bonjour Chaerin;)

Okay okay I know what you're thinking. What the heck is Ji Yong writing me such a letter, right?-_- Haha, I'm just bored that's all.-. YOU MUST WRITE ONE BACK! 

Anyway, vous êtes un cochon! Go and figure out what that means x)

Thanks for being my second friend here in this school! You don't know how much I appreciate it you little Chaerry! Haha! Looks like I found a new nickname for ya!

Hope you like my drawing on the other piece of paper!

That French xD,

Ji Yong."

 

"What's funny?" Jae Yi asked.

I wiped the smile off my face. "Nothing."

Still smiling, I reached for my French notes. After flipping through a few pages, I realized what that French sentence that Ji Yong wrote meant. 

"You are a pig." I translated. He is saying that I'm a pig. I rolled my eyes.

On the other paper, he drew a cartoon of me standing on the tip of the Eiffel tower. The cartoon was so hilarious that I laughed out loud without thinking.

"Chaerin are you mad or something?" 

"N-NO HAHAHAHAHHAHAH!" 

Jae Yi shook her head as if I was helpless and returned to her laptop.

In a flash, I fished out a piece of paper and started to write.

 

"Bonjour Ji Yong xD

I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. It means 'you are a pig' right?-_- HMPH. If I'm a pig, then you are a duck. QUACK QUACK QUACK! JI YONG THE FATTY DUCKY COMING THROUGH! Kidding.

*Waves like a president* Welcome, welcome dude xD damn you sounded so cheesyyy.

By the way, OUR STRAWBERRY COOKIES ROCK! I can still taste it in my mouth. Mmmm....C is for cookie and cookie is for me! -> I'm childish and I know it!

It is strange actually, we only met like two weeks ago and we are acting like best friends xD French people are cool Ji Yong!

Minzy is a sweet girl. Please take care of her for me:) 

Hope you like my drawing on the back of this paper! (I don't waste paper unlike you)

That mad pig,

Chaerin." 

 

I giggled at it once more before putting it away in my folder. After completing all my homework for today, I climbed into bed for an early night.

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

"NOOOOOO!" 

That was me, screaming. Why? Because I just discovered that I had failed my French test. 

Minzy had actually passed, oh no, what's happening to me?

"Snap, that Chaerin." Minzy said sympathetically as she patted my shoulder. I tried to not look like a sad bag.

"Yeah, hwaiting for the next test!" Ji Yong chimed in.

I forced a weak smile. "Thanks guys."

I was wishing that the day would go quickly and not drag. But dragged it did. When I finally reached my dorm, I was dog tired.

Jae Yi told me that she is spending a night at her friends dorm, so for this whole day, the dorm is mine.

I fell on my bed and threw my bag pack aside. After four seconds, my eyelids were shut and I was out like a light.

---------------------------------------------

Cool, gentle breeze is the only thing I felt as I slept. Suddenly, a gentle voice interrupted my visit to dream land. 

"It is time to wake up Chaerin. You've been sleeping for too long." The gentle voice cooed.

I want to push the gentle voice away. "Let....me...sleep." I slurred.

A warm hand was now holding mine. "If you don't wake up, I will have to punish you."

I smirked, still half asleep. "Do....it..."

Moments later, water splashed into my face, followed by an extremely loud laughter. 

"Whaa..what?" Wid eyed, I stared at the person standing in the middle of my room. "Ji Yong what are you doing here?" 

"When I walked past your dorm it was pretty silent. So I took my guess that no one was in except you and climbed it." He said simply.

"I was having a nap." I grumbled.

"It's already eight."

Woah, what? I glanced at the clock. Sure enough, it said ten minutes after eight.

"Oh...thanks for waking me up."

"Too tired are we?" Ji Yong flashed a grin.

I ignored him and pulled out my letter that I wrote for him yesterday. I handed it out to him. "Here's your reply, that French ." I smirked.

"Hey thanks," he reached out to grab it. "I didn't expect you to reply."

"You know some girls would take that as flirting." I walked over to the couch and sat down, grinning at him as he turned pink.

"I'm not-"

I cut in before he could finish. "I'm just kidding, you don't even know how to flirt." 

Ji Yong eyes immedaitely became intense as he stepped forward as sat down beside me. "Chaerin," he spoke, deathly quiet. "You're adorable." 

I scoffed. "That's not flirting! You can't get any girl like this!"

Ji Yong leaned in closer, "But what if I told you that I like you better than my chicken meat pies?"

I snorted. "Nothing will happen dude." 

Ji Yong finally gave up, throwing me a stupid look. "Well why don't you try?"

I grinned. "Hey did you just fart?" 

Ji Yong looked offended. "No?"

I chuckled. "Because you just blew me away." 

I felt a push from Ji Yong. "Seriously?" He demanded.

"Ok ok," I hastily admitted. "We at flirting."

Ji Yong threw a pillow at my face. "Agreed."

All of a sudden, I remembered about Minzy and the obvious fact that her boyfriend is in my room.

"Um Ji Yong?" I asked.

"Yep?" He answered, popping the 'p' sound.

"Have you did your ninja climb through Minzy's dorm?" 

I could feel him tensing up. "No." He said truthfully.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Uh....because her dorm is on the seventh floor and the balcony hinge on the sixth floor broke." He gabbled all in one breath.

"Ah, I see."

"You didn't tell her that I came in your dorm did you?" 

I snorted. "No. Why? Do you want me to?"

"Don't." Ji Yong frowned. "She won't be happy."

"You're right." I agreed. "It won't do her good."

"And it's not like we are doing anything anyway." He added.

"Yeah..." 

An awkward silence soon settles in the air. 

Suddenly, the door burst open and Jae Yi nearly ran in. She stopped short when she saw Ji Yong and I sitting on my bed.

Oh crap.

"Chaerin," her brown pupils shifted from Ji Yong to me. "Who is he?"

I tried my best to sound as reasonable as possible. "He is my friend."

"How did he get in?"

"Apparently he has some mean balcony climbing skills." I tried to laugh. "It's nothing Jae Yi, we are just friends and we aren't doing anything."

I could see her facial muscles relax. "What's your name?" She turned to Ji Yong.

Ji Yong grins his famous French grin. "Kwon Ji Yong, ma'm."

Jae Yi flash a smile at me. "He is alright." She said, as if she was testing if he was a good friend for me.

I rolled my eyes, "You're not my mum Jae. Anyway, I thought you are sleeping over at another dorm? Why are you here?"

Jae Yi casted me a sheepish look. "Sorry, forgot to take my toothbrush. I'll just get that and be out of your way." She sang as she made her way to the bathroom.

I threw Ji Yong an apologetic look. "Sorry about that." 

Ji Yong actually looks amused. "That's alright."

Jae Yi reappears from the bathroom. "Bye kiddo!" She said as she quickly came over to ruffle my hair. After waving to both of us, she left the dorm.

"That was so embarrassing!" I buried my face in my lap in complete humiliation. 

Ji Yong grinned. "Well, I think it was nice. You know, to have a roommate who cares?"

I looked up. "Who is your roommate?" I asked in curiosity.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't have one."

"Why?"

Ji Yong looked at me as if I was dumb. "Because there are odd numbers of us so one of us have to end up being alone?"

"Oh." I said, feeling like an idiot.

"Anyway," Ji Yong scooted over and picked up my French textbook. "I've decided to help you."

"Help me in what?" I asked blankly. 

"To improve your French." He explained in a 'duh' tone. Then he lifted his index finger and pointed it directly at me. "You, my friend, is not going to fail French ever again."

"Ah..." I nodded. "A free tutor. That sounds great!" I beamed.

Ji Yong dug out what seemed like his spectacles and slid them on his face. I stared for a moment, completely speechless at the bespectacled Ji Yong in front of me.

Ji Yong caught me staring. "What?"

"You wear spectacles?" I said incredulously. 

Ji Yong shrugged. "Yeah."

"Why didn't you wear this in school then?"

"It's troublesome." He simply said.

I shook my head in disbelief. "You have to wear them. It will damage your vision even further if you don't you know."

Ji Yong ignored me. "First question. It's super easy, what's the Capitol of France?" 

"Paris." I snorted. "More difficulty please."

"Give me five vegetables in French."

That threw me for a bit. "Carrotte, Chou, Maïs..." I stuttered, stating carrot, cabbage and corn. "And...pomme de terre?" The last one is potato.

"One more," he waits patiently.

I wrecked my brains for a minute, trying to remember any vegetables I learnt. "I don't know." I wailed at last.

"Think," Ji Yong encouraged. "What is vampires scared of?"

"Onions of course." I said in realization. "Oignon!"

Ji Yong chucked. "That's right. Want more questions?"

I pretended to cover my face and squeal in horror. "Noooo! Enough for tonight!"

Ji Yong rolled his eyes. "You sound like I'm murdering you. I only asked one question for goodness sake."

I stuck out my tongue at him. "I'm hungry." I admitted. It's true, I hadn't had dinner yet.

Ji Yong suddenly bounced up in excitement. "Hey Chaerin, have you ever tasted the famous French style mushroom cheese tomato spaghetti?"

I snorted. "That is such a long name."

Ji Yong ignored me and went into the kitchen. Moments later, I hear banging of cupboards and pans. "Where is the spaghetti?" He called.

"Blue drawer. Third one from the top!" I yelled back and grinned happily to myself. Mr Paris is going to make me dinner!

Ji Yong took off his spectacles before going into the kitchen. Now, the stylish black glasses are just on the table. I took off my own spectacles and swapped on his.

To be honest, I expected Ji Yong to have an eye degree of over a thousand. But when I slipped them on, I could still see through crystal clearly.

Curious to see how I look, I walked to the mirror. When I saw my reflection, I burst out in giggles.

Walking into the kitchen, I see Ji Yong stirring something in a pot. 

"Ji! Check me out!" I laughed as I did a silly pose. When he saw me, he burst out laughing too.

"Wow! You look even better than me!" He joked as he threw in some meatballs.

I twirled and did a silly bow. "Why thank you, mister!"

 

 

*Looks up* So that's what I came up with x) hope you liked the loooonngggg chapter! Okay so maybe it wasn't but it was to me.

GD IN SPECS!! KILL ME NOW! *Dying of his iness* xD kidding.

 

Behind the scenes~

 

Chaerin: why oh WHYY do I always seem SOOO nerdy in your chapters author nim?

Ji Yong: Because you are cute that way. * her hair*

Chaerin: *blushes*

Ji Yong: So what's your favourite guy type?

Chaerin: *blushes even deeper* Not you!

Author: Oh is it? *winka wink*

 

HOPEE YOU GUYS LOVED LOVED LOVEDDDD THIS CHAPPIE:) And please do vote it! I'll update quicker if you vote! XD

LOTS OF LOVE AND SKYDRAGON!<3