Chapter 14

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hey hey:D This chapter is dedicated to 2NE1 & BIGBANG for being my inspiration. <3 YG ENT FTW!!!

Sigh... I just love writing chae's and Ji Yong's family though :3 

Last but not least, ENJOYY!

 

 

 

I'm sure people are curious how my competition is actually gonna go.

It is pretty unique actually. The competition starts at the stables at nine o'clock sharp, with a specific route you need to follow. There will be obstacles for you and your horse, such as a lake or a hurdle. And the first to make it back wins.

There are many categories as well. Since I hadn't turn eighteen yet, I still have to participate in the 'kids' category, which gives me total advantage because I am the oldest among all my participants. One of which includes Harin.

"Amber is really great at jumping over hurdles." I praised as I got down from her. "Aren't you girl?" I her face. 

"Looks like you have a great chance of winning tomorrow." Miss Kai commented, feeding Amber some water.

"Yeah. I can't wait till I'm eighteen so I won't have to compete against all thise little kids. It seriously feels as if I am bullying them."

Miss Kai laughed. "It is even more ridiculous that one of them is your sister, but don't worry, next year you'll  get the chance to enter in the adult category."

"And all the same Amber and I will do awesome, isn't that right Amber?" I grinned up at my beautiful horse.

Instead of stomping around like she usually does, Amber stood as still as a stone.

"I guess she is tired, it's been two strenuous hours of training." Miss Kai said in concern as she her.

"Unnie!" Harin called before I could reply. "Let's go home, it's late."

"Make sure you have a good night sleep! I'm counting on you!" Miss Kai shouted as we walked away. I turned to give her a reassuring smile.

"So...Minho is coming to see you in the competition tomorrow right?" I teased.

"Well...he's coming to see you too unnie." Harin gave a warm smile.

That evening, I was sprawled across my bed deeply engrossed in a book. Suddenly, I remembered Daniel and his disinterest in riding.

Why can't he just make an effort to like it? Just like how I did with his karting?

Suddenly a knock on my bedroom startled me from my thoughts, I quickly regained my sitting position and cleared my throat. "Who's there?"

To my surprise, Minzy popped her head in. "Hey Chaerin!"

"What are you doing here?!" I shrieked.

Minzy sat down next to me and gave a gentle knock on my head. "It's your turn this week, I'm supposed to come over."

Oh right. Every Friday evening after we have gotten back to our own homes, we'll take turns to go to each other houses for a sleepover. Normally, Dara's included as well but ever since our huge fight she decided she's far too good for all of these.

"I brought my stuff." Minzy said, gesturing to her sleeping bag and all her other stuff on the ground. "What happened Chae? You look weird."

I my most convincing puppy eyes. "Can we have a girl talk? Heart to heart? Now?"

Minzy clapped her hands in excitement. "Of course. Girl talk preparations first! Let's go go go~!"

And off we go. Girl talk preparations is where one of us daaashhhh down to the kitchen and grab whatever good snacks that are suitable for a good chat session. Another one of us make the bed perfect and comfy enough to snuggle in with the snacks, and the last of us just switch on our favourite music and jump around to get the atmosphere high.

Since Dara is absent, Minzy will have to make the bed and jump around to the beat of  'High high' by GD&TOP at the same time while I dash down to the kitchen. 

Two minutes later, we are prepped and ready to go! Talking, that is.

The bed is as comfortable as ever as we squeezed in with the snacks I got from the kitchen.

"Alright now, what foodie have you got us Chae?"

"I think I did pretty well this time." I said smugly as I laid out all my lot on the bed for her to see.

Two cans of cola, packets of grape gummy candy, one huge bag of chips, sandwiches and oreos. Yup, enough to stuff an elephant.

Minzy grabbed a sandwich and popped open a can of cola. "Now I'm ready, talk!"

"It's about Daniel actually." I admitted as I munched on a chip. "I don't think I know how I feel about him anymore."

Minzy dropped her sandwich in surprise. "WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU JUST THAY?"

"I said, I don't know how I feel about him anymore." I repeated, feeling a little like Polly the parrot.

It took about a full minute for Minzy to 'recover'. "W-what?! Chae, you've been mindblowingly crazy about him for YEARS. What the heck happened?!"

"I don't know." I said, frustrated as I ran my fingers through my brown chestnut hair in frustration. "As first I thought he was so cool. But then I realized that he is a jerk."

Minzy nudged me. "Details, I'm dying out here."

"He was constantly late and when he finally appears he either gives a half-hearted apology, or none at all."

Minzy tsk-tsked.

"And every time I mentioned about riding...he just...turns off! I don't know something about him just makes me feel weird!"

"Woah, chill there Chae. I know how you feel."

"What do you mean?" I look at her, wid eyed. 

"Ji Yong is weird too. I mean if you ask a girl out means you like that girl right? But he doesn't display any interest in me...like at all." 

"I know..." I lowered my head. We seem like social desperately who are in need of love.

"By the way, Dara is acting strangely lately." Minzy whispered. 

"I know!" I whisper-shouted. "Last week in Bio, there were no jocks surrounding her at all, in fact she seems quieter and even polite."

"I know right...she's even weirder in our dorm. I was watching runningman two days ago and when I turned around, she was there, like a ghost or something. Then she said 'May I join you?' In such a bloody weird voice I thought I was going to freak out. 

We were both silent then. Why is Dara acting so weirdly all of a sudden?

"I miss her. There I said it, I really miss her Min."

"I miss her too." Minzy mumbled.

Silence again. Although we are not speaking directly to each other, we know that our hearts are thinking the same. To have our dear friend back.

Suddenly the door cracked open a little and mum's head popped out. "It's late kids, another fifteen more minutes and it's bed time okay?"

"Yes mummy." I gave her a warm smile. 

"Oh by the way Minzy, are you coming for Chaerin's and Harin's competition tomorrow?" Mum asked.

"Yeah of course! I'll always be there to cheer her on." Minzy said with a silly salute.

"That's great, but why does it seems like Dara is missing?" 

Damn, why does mum always has such sharp eyes?

"Uh..Dara has shifted her dancing class schedule so she can't come tonight." Minzy covered quickly.

"Ohh I see, I think I'll go and give her a call to tell her that you guys are alright."

"NOOOO!" I shrieked. Mum look at me in surprise. "Uh what I mean is, Dara is having class now and she wouldn't want to be disturbed."

"Oh okay if that's what you say.." Mum look at me suspiciously. 

"Yup! Okay mum we get it, another fifteen minutes before bed time, goodnight mum!" I said hastily as I closed the door.

"Your mum sure is sharp." Minzy commented as she threw away all the wrappers and cans from our Girl talk session.

"Yeah, c'mon let's get ready for bed." 

"Last one to the bathroom is a pile of poo!" Minzy yelled as she grabbed her towel and dashed off.

 

 

*Adjust spectacles and clears throat*

*In a terrible British accent* And this chapter, my dear friends, is complete. *bows* 

 

OK FIRSTLY, IM SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR UPDATING LATE. 

So, I've decided, I'm going to update every Wednesday(even though today is only Tuesday hehe)

Plus, I'm moving house this Sunday so I'm afraid there will be delay :/

Please forgive me<3

 

Behind the scenes~

Ji Yong: *sobs* why didn't I have appearance in this chapter?

Author: *pats back* sorry Ji, but this chapter is to have a more-in-depth view of chae's family.

Ji Yong: But...but...why is Minzy there then? She's not her family!

Minzy: *smug face* hah! This just proves that I'm closer to Chaerin than you are!

Ji Yong: *wails* I WANNA BE CLOSER TO CHAERIN TOO!

 

Aigoo~ Behave you two >.> there are readers here. Show some common courtesy eh?

ANYWAY, PLEASE VOTE(OMG we have 9 votes now I love you guys) COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!

LOTS OF LURVEEE AND SKYDRAGONNN!!<3<3