Chapter 8

One Stop Closer to Paris

YES okay. Thanks for the comments you guys :* and I'm sorry if I didn't reply to any of you. I'll to do so next time:D. 

This chapter is dedicated to infiknight4ever <3 thanks for following me through this journey of writing^^ I LOVE YOU.

So maybe most of you hate me right now for putting Ji Yong and Minzy together. Oh well xD

ENJOY.

 

"Hey, I'm going on a date with Ji Yong after school so don't wait for me:) I AM SO EXCITED!" 

I smiled after reading Minzy's text. Shouldn't I? I mean, I am her best friend after all.

ARGH! This is seriously going to drive me crazy up the wall.

WHY do I feel so weird around Ji Yong? WHY do I like being around Ji Yong? WHY do I not like it when Ji Yong decides to date Minzy? WHY WHY WHY?

Since no one is around me at this point of time, I softly banged my head against my locker just to shush my mind. Ouch. If my mind is able to talk, it would rattle even more than myself.

Right now I'm having free period, and I'm preparing for my next class which is Korean. Daniel and Ji Yong. Oh man.

As soon as I stepped foot into my Korean class, Ji Yong appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey," He greeted with a shy smile.

"Hey," I felt myself smiling back.

He took something out of his pocket and handed it to me. It was a piece of folded paper. Ji Yong winked at me.

"It's a letter, make sure you only open it when you reached your dorm okay?"

My smile only widened. "Okay." 

He brushed his fingers through his light, blonde hair. It looks so soft, as if it was made with cotton.

Before I could stop myself, I reached up and stuffed my fingers into his hair.

"What are you doing?" Ji Yong stared at me, bewildred.

I started giggling. "I was wondering how your hair feels actually." I said truthfully.

He grins. "Well, how does it feels?" 

I ran my fingers through it, feeling my heart rate increase. "Really soft and silky." I said as I admired it.

He ruffles my hair too. "Well yours feels even softer than mine." He said, amused.

We both laugh. "We look like idiots, admiring each other's hair." I chuckle.

After we had gone back to our seats, Daniel turned to me.

"Hey Chaerin," He flash his super smile which sent my heart off to outer space.

"Yeah?" I beams.

"Want to go get Starbucks after school?" 

"Sure!" My stomach churns at the thought of a second date. And maybe a second kiss.

Throughout the lesson, we stayed clear of chattering for I was afraid that Mr Kang would call on me again. 

"I'll meet you at my locker." Daniel said after our lesson had ended.

I headed for the Home Economics room, we are just starting Home Econs today because I failed it last year and my teacher said that I had to retake it. 

I snorted at myself. Cooking is not my favourite thing on earth.

I was really nervous when I pushed the door open. This is my first HE lesson of the year and I'm wondering who our teacher is. I just hope it isn't the one I got last year.

To my relief, a different teacher stood at the front as I entered the class. But as I made my way to a seat, guess who I recognized from the crowd of students?

"Hey Ji Yong!" I said, surprised.

He patted the empty seat next to him. "Come seat here." 

I plonked myself down. "Why are you taking Home Econs?"

"Well I just transferred in so of course I have to take it." He laughs. 

Oh right, I forgot.

"Why are you taking it then?" He challenged.

"Oh..." I laughed, blushing uncontrollably. "I failed it last year." 

"Ah..." Ji Yong said thoughtfully as he stuck a finger on his chin, pretending to be thinking deeply. "So you are not a cooking mama?"

"I guess you could say that." I shrugged. "The only thing I like doing with food is eating them."

"You look really nice today." Ji Yong said sincerely, noticing my outfit.

"Thanks." I smiled. The weird feeling comes back again.

"Alright class. Since this is our first lesson, the first thing that I am going to do, is to let you form pairs. Go ahead and find a partner, I'll give you fifteen minutes to do that!" The new teacher called. 

Ji Yong turned to me. "Partners?" He suggested.

I was so happy I thought my face would spilt from all that smiling. "Pleasure."

The teacher then went through a procedure of baking cookies. She said we are free to chose what cookies we want to bake as long as the ingredient is available on the table.

"And now you may start baking. Don't forget to wear you aprons!" The teacher called.

"I can tell that this is going to be fun." Ji Yong as he put on his gloves.

"True." I agreed, pouring the flour into the mixing bowl. "What cookies do you want to make?"

"Let's make strawberry cookies." Ji Yong grins.

"Does strawberry cookies actually exists?" I ask in astonishment.

"No, but we can still do it." He winked, pouring a whole of strawberries into the blender.

I was measuring some baking powder when Ji Yong suddenly tapped my shoulder.

"Hey Chaerin," Ji Yong called.

"Yeah?" Once I turned around, a big glob of blended strawberries was smeared on my cheek.

"Ha ha ha!" Ji Yong bended over in laughter. That idiotic jerk.

I dipped my finger into the bar of butter and smeared it on his forehead. Have a taste of your medicine Ji!

"Alright alright, we should stop." Ji Yong laughed, wiping away the butter on his forehead with a paper napkin. "Back to work!"

Once our strawberry batter is all mixed, we poured a small amount of it onto the cooking tray and popped it into the oven.

Pretty soon, a warm, strawberry aroma spreads through the entire room.

"Hey, is that strawberries I smell?" A student in front of us said to her partner.

Ji Yong and I looked at each other and exploded with silent giggles.

Anyway, once our oven told us that our cookies were ready, we took them out and tasted a few. The cookies looked like a mix of pink and yellow. Really cute.

"These are delish!" I squeaked, admiring one before popping one into my mouth. Strawberry cookies are my favourite from now.

"What is delish?" Our teacher stood behind us, smiling.

"We baked some strawberry cookies Miss." Ji Yong said politely, stepping aside for the teacher to have a look at them.

"Interesting," Our teacher said, picking up one and taking a bite out of it. She then beamed at us. "I can tell who is going to be our top students of this year."

Once her back was turned, Ji Yong and I did a victory high-five. Needless to say, Home Econs is fairly interesting today.

------------------------------------------------

I tapped my foot while waiting for Daniel outside his locker. 

Yeah, he is late again. School is supposed to end at 2, but now, it's already 2.20. Grrrr....

I was suddenly worried. What if he doesn't like me at all? I quickly brushed the thought away. He kissed me. How can you kiss someone and don't like that person?

Finally, I saw Daniel strolling over. But he is not alone. Right beside him, was a beautiful girl, both of them were smiling at each other as they made their way over.

"Hey Chaerin." Daniel greeted. 

"You are late." I frowned. I don't like it when people are not punctual.

Daniel shrugged. "Sorry then."

"Who is she?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

Daniel smiled. "Chaerin, Samantha. Samantha, Chaerin."

Samantha's face was suddenly sour as she looked at me up and down.

"Oh, is Samantha your classmate or something?" I asked again.

"Nope, she is my twin sister." 

Thank godness! "Oh, then that's...cool I guess."

Samantha is still frowning at me. 

"Shall we go?" I suggested timidly.

Samantha finally tore her eyes away from me. "We need to wait for Paul." 

"Paul?" My eyes got bigger.

"He is my boyfriend." Samantha rolled her eyes.

Oh.Boyfriend.Right.

We waited in silence until a brown haired guy showed up. When Samantha saw him, she immediately hugged and kissed him, not caring that we are there watching.

Paul saw me standing with Daniel. Grinning, he came over. 

"Hey Dan, looks like you got yourself a new girlfriend." He winked and cocked his head towards me.

Daniel only laughed. "Chaerin is just a friend.

Just a friend? Ouch, that hurt. 

"Right. Enough of talking, let's head to Starbucks." Paul slid his arm around Samantha's waist.

All the way to Starbucks, Paul and Samantha walked in front while Daniel and I walked at the back.

"Daniel." I whispered.

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you are planning to invite them?" I asked.

Daniel looked surprised. "Well I thought you'd be okay with it."

Huh. 

Anyway when we reached Starbucks, we found a table for four and settled down.

"Chaerin," Daniel tapped me on the shoulder. "Isn't that on of your friends?" 

My head whipped around. Daniel was right, three tables away, sat my two best friends, Ji Yong and Minzy.

Before I could turn away, both of them caught sight of me. For some weird reason, I felt as if I was a deer caught in headlights. I didn't know what to do.

I merely waved and smiled.

"This is awkward." I said under my breath.

"Are they dating?" Daniel asked.

"Um...yes." I explained. "And they are on their first date."

"What do you want to drink?" Daniel changed the topic. 

We ended up ordering four cups of caramel latte each. After our drinks had arrived, Samantha suddenly turned to Paul.

"Paul," She cooed in a sickly sweet voice that made me cringe. "Can you help to...again?"

I have absolutely no idea what is she speaking about. I turned to look at Paul, who is smiling his head off with Samantha at his side.

Paul seems to understand. "Sure, I have plenty of money with me today." 

I bite my straw and in a gulp of iced latte. Somehow, I'm pretty sure that Samantha is asking Paul to pay for her.

I also found my head unconsciously turning to my left, which Ji Yong and Minzy is sitting. Why can't people invent locks for necks so that I wouldn't keep turning away?

"That was refreshing." Daniel breathed in deeply and exhaled out. "So Chaerin, what should we talk about?" 

Happy that he took the initiative to start a conversation, I responded eagerly. "Have you tried horse riding?"

Daniel rolled his eyes again. "It's girly." He said simply.

I realized that my smile was faltering. "It's not really. And um hey,"

"Yeah?" He on his empty straw. 

"Do you want to come to watch my horse riding competition this Saturday?" I asked eagerly. Please please please let him come. 

Daniel scrunched up his face. "Nah, I think I'll give it a miss." 

Immedaitely, my heart gave a huge 'plop!' as it fell to the bottom of my stomach.

"Sorry," Daniel smiled, leaning a bit closer. "Riding is not my thing."

Racing is not my thing either. I wanted to say, instead, I smiled back like an idiot. "Sure, it's okay."

"Wait," Samantha suddenly butted in. "You ride?" 

"Um yeah?" 

"Ew, seriously?" 

I felt like slapping the living daylights out of her. I like horses. So what?

I glared back. "Yes, seriously."

Samantha scoffed and flipped her hair. "You must fool around with animals all the time." 

At the corner of my eye, I saw Daniel snicker. My face blushed a deep red.

"I think we better get going now." Daniel stood up and grabbed his bag.

Disappointed, I followed after. I cast one last glance at Ji Yong and Minzy, who appears are having so much fun. 

I walked behind Samantha, sending invisible daggers to the back of her head.

Samantha. Ew.

 

 

That's it:) okay I'm so so so sorry for the short chapter. Promises to updated longer chaps! 

Btw, I'm thinking of updating regularly once a week instead of irregularly. What do you guys think? 

AND THANKS TO THE FOUR VOTES!!:) I would really appreciate it if you guys will vote this story. VOTE VOTE VOTE!

xD teehee.

 

Behind the scenes~

Samantha: Hello readers! 

Author: *Pushes her away* NOT GONNA LET YOU BULLY MY CHAERIN. NO.

Samantha: *Gets squeezed and disappears*

*Chaerin pops up*

Chaerin: Wow, I have a competition on Saturday?

Author:*winks*

Ji Yong: *appears out of no where* GO TEAM CHAERRY! 

Chaerin: *blush*

Author: Aw come on Chaerin, just ADMIT that you have the hots for Ji Yong.

Chaerin: *pushes author* YA!

 

HAAA  OKAY!:) hope you have enjoyed the chapter! Ji Yong baking strawberry cookies with Chae! yummy..:9

LOTS OF LOVE AND SKYDRAGON <3