Chapter 37

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hi guys I'm back! I decided to changed the layout a little bit in this chapter, so tell me if you guys think that this is weird and you prefer the previous layout. Chapter dedicated to BIGBANG for their awesomely amazing comeback!!

Yeah, I am aware that I've been MIA-ing for the past couple of months and I apologise for the lack of updates. But after this awfully long break that I had used to plan the rest of this fic (and the sequel) I am finally back and free, single and ready to mingle. Oh yeah.

If you are reading this right now, then you are the most amazing person to me right now. Thank you so much ;-;.

Also, I'm typing this at 2am and I feel kind of drunk right now so pardon any weird phrases or sentences that you might encounter while reading this chapter. Viewer discretion is advised. Batteries not included. I like lemon drops.

Warning: Not proof-read

 

 

 

 

"You at Mario Kart, Ji Yong." Flynn, who was sitting on the floor, snickered as Ji Yong's kart tumbled on the last lap of Rainbow Road.

 

"Oh please, that is because I haven't touched this console for years."

 

"Flynn's right," I said deadpanned, with my arms crossed and my feet resting on either sides of Ji's shoulders. "Are you sure you even know how to drive?"

 

Flynn's kart flew over the black and white grid and the race was over. Ji Yong let out a frustrated sigh and tugged on my legs, making me fall face-forward, almost crashing my face onto the floor if he hadn't caught me in time.

 

I gasp, wide-eyed at his playful grin as his arms wrapped around me. "You almost killed me you idiot!"

 

"Hey, hey, I know our apartment is big, but no PDA in here. The scent of your love is terribly suffocating." Alice teased as she scrunched up her face, entering the games room with a soda.

 

"What PDA? We were in the middle of wrestling each other to death." I snorted as I accepted the can from Alice.

 

Ji Yong stared at Alice expectantly. "Where's mine?"

 

"Where's your what?"

 

"Don't I get a soda too?" His eyes travelled from my soda can, to Alice, and then back to my soda can.

 

"It's in the kitchen, go get it yourself you lazy ." Alice retorted before spinning around and leaving.

 

We've spent almost three hours at Seungri's place, or technically, his taekwondo mates's self proclaimed headquarters. There are a total of six new people that we've got to know through the games and food that we just had.

 

Raven was the leader of the gang that helped us to open the door, Alice was a sacarstic and hilarious girl (also my favourite person that I've got to know so far), Flynn was someone whose personality matched too well with mine, Trez was the dork that told ridiculous pick-up-lines, Mint was the sweet and flexible one and Jackson is so quiet that I've only spoke with him once to ask about the location of the bathroom.

 

They were all a lovely bunch of people that quickly made me dismiss the suspicions that I had earlier when Seungri first bought us here. For just a moment, I forgot about Park, I forgot about the fear but instead, had a hope that we can actually get him back this time.

 

After spending another two more hours watching a movie with Mint and Alice(and Ji Yong playing monopoly with the guys), we had to regrettably leave.

 

"But that's too soon!" Mint squeaked as she pouted, along with her puppy dog eyes. "I feel like you're a part of us now." 

 

"Yeah, just another hour won't hurt man." Trez said as he slung an arm around Ji Yong.

 

"Sorry guys," Ji apologised with a grin. "But Chae and I really have to get back to campus, if not we'll get in trouble with the teachers."

 

"Yeah," I added. "We'll come and visit next time."

 

A few 'oh yeah definitely's and 'see you's were exchanged before we finaly left. 

 

"So," Ji Yong turned to me when we were on the bus. "What do you think of them?"

 

"Nice people," I said thoughtfully. "Really nice people. I actually think working together with Seungri would work."

 

Ji Yong seemed to think about this. "He is going to make a move sooner or later. It's how he usually work. Right now he is probably gathering resources and manpower, and when he is ready, he will strike." His tone was serious.

 

I seemed to be a little shaken by this. But yeah, this man took Amber's life, what else can he do next?

 

"Don't worry, we'll be in this together. And I won't let you get hurt."

 

That's what you say now.

 

 

__________________

 

"GONG MINZY GET OFF THAT CHAIR BEFORE YOU BREAK IT!"

 

Minzy clamboured down the chair while giving me a look. "Am I really that heavy?"

 

"No, I'm worried about your safety you ungrateful tube of toothpaste."

 

"You called me a WHAT?!"

 

"Dara just texted me, she's downstairs already!" And wish that, I dashed off, narrowing escaping Minzy's arm.

 

"Hae fun kiddos." Jae Yi sang from her bed as we fought while putting on our shoes.

 

I threw Minzy's converse over her head before hurriedly wearing my strappy sandals. "Thanks Jae!" I baded a goodbye before I ran off, with a raging ball of fury behind. 

 

It's wednesday evening, and the three of us have decided to head to the mall to get an outfit for Friday's annual Music Festival Night that our school had organised. 

 

Ji Yong, being the talented that he is, was one of the ten students that were picked to perform solo. Which is why I was determined to wear something nice and support him with every cell in my body.

 

"I have to go get some flowers to give him," I said to the two of them after we finished shopping. Together, we walked into a flower shop where I picked three large and bright sunflowers.

 

"We'll have to take proper care of her that night." Dara said to Minzy as we drove back to campus. "In case she faints when Ji Yong comes on stage. 

 

"Or when he catches her eye when he sings." Minzy turned around to make googly eyes at me, making me roll my eyes.

 

"Oh shut up guys, nothing will happen to me."

 

 

 

______________________

 

It's tonight, Music Festival Night. 

 

I was in my room, getting ready to meet Dara and Minzy later. Ji Yong had called a couple of hours earlier, freaking out because he 'had stage fright ever since he was nine'.

 

It's now ten to eight. Ten more minutes before the performance started, I gotta go.

 

Our school have this really big air conditioned theater with no seats, but a stage and a large empty space so that students can stand around the stage like an actual concert setting. That is where the festival will be held later on.

 

The three of us entered the big hall, and was immediately greeted by loud thumping music, free light sticks and a large crowd that we had to weaver our way through in order to get in front.

 

At roughly eight o'clock, the MC leaped out and the performances started. There were a total of five dance groups and ten vocal singers lined up for the night, and Ji Yong just happened to be the sixth singer to performance. 

 

The first five dance performances were all pretty good, with genres ranging from slow jazz to fiery hiphop. Everyone was getting hyped up with the lights, music and free food at the sides of the theater hall, including the three of us.

 

"This should be a monthly thing!" Minzy laughed happily while snuggling close to Daesung, who had obviously went through the whole crowd to find us.

 

"I'm excited for Yong's peformance." Taeyang added.

 

Truthfully, so am I. It's been a while since I hear him sing and he had refused to reveal to me what song is he singing tonight, not saying a word even when I begged.

 

'It's a surprise.' He would say everytime I ask.

 

Yeah, right. Cue the eye rolling.

 

I smiled down at the three flowers that I'm clutching on, imagining what his reaction would be like when I throw them into his face later. I couldn't help but bubble out a small giggle as I imagine him being throttled by sunflowers.

 

"Someone's happy." Dara nudged me, wiggling her eyebrows to the extent that she looked weird.

 

"And you're not?" I raised my eyebrows at her, silently gesturing to Taeyang.

 

She stuck out her tongue at me before turning back to Taeyang, laughing at something he said.

 

Dang, the both of them are with their boyfriends tonight and I'm the lonely one. Oh well, at least I have my sunflowers. I thought to myself as I stared at the pretty blooms in my hand.

 

The fifth singer, a young freshmen who is also playing a piano at the same time, sang the last few lines and stood up, smiling at the crowd and bowing before she disappeared behind the curtains.

 

Ji Yong's coming up. My fingers started to tingle as I heard the backstage crew shifting some chairs around, and most likely a guitar. 

 

"He's next! Oh my gods, finally." Minzy squealed while practically jumping up and down with Daesung.

 

The red, heavy curtains swung open, leaving a lone chair and a guitar leaning against it on stage. The crowd screamed and cheered as the MC made his appearance.

 

"For our next number, we have a very charming, very handsome second year. Do you guys know who he is?" He teased the crowd.

 

"HOLY HELL YES!" Minzy shrieked before we could shut her up. The crowd burst out laughing, and even the MC was smiling. 

 

"Alright then! Looks like we've got a very excited crowd anticipating his performance, let's put out hands together to welcome Kwon Ji Yong!"

 

The crowd clapped and cheered, but none could compare to our little bunch jumping and screaming.

 

Seconds passed. But he didn't walk on stage.

 

"KWON JI YONG WHERE ARE YOU?" Daesung had shouted, making the crowd chuckle.

 

Only, he didn't appear still. The crowd had started murmuring, before the sound of running footsteps could be heard.

 

He's finally here. I thought to myself. Or...is he?

 

When a member of the backstage crew appeared on stage huffing and puffing, you could hear sounds of disappointment here and there in the hall. But no one else is more worried than us.

 

"Where, the frick is he?" Taeyang cursed.

 

My heart was hammering. Not a cliche, romantic kind of fluttering. But its goddam beating so fast and hard that I could hear it all the way up in my ears.

 

Something isn't right. I can feel it.

 

The MC tapped the mic, catching the attention of everyone.

 

"Um...okay." He seems flustered as he spoke. "It seems as if our Ji Yong here cannot be located at the moment, but it's okay as staff members have already gone looking for him. I'm sure he might be too nervous and had to go the washroom." The MC chuckled. "In the meantime, let us welcome our next performer on stage..."

 

Well damn, .

 

Kwon Ji Yong is missing.

 

______________________

 

 

"Where can he be?" Dara wailed.

 

It's been a good ten minutes after the MC had announced that Ji Yong is missing, and he still is.

 

"You know what guys, I'll go check the male bathrooms around the theater hall." Daesung volunteered.

 

"Alright, then I'll go check his dorm." Taeyang added next.

 

"You ladies stay here, okay?" Daesung instructed.

 

"Okay." We echoed before they left.

 

I couldn't keep still as I waited. I hopped on one foot, and then on the other.

 

"Jeez Chae can you at least stay still? I can't think properly when you are bouncing up and down like that." Minzy complained.

 

"You know what, I'll go check on his dressing room and see if anything's there." I said to them both before I left. Something isn't right, I can feel it.

 

Making my way outside the theater hall, I made my way around to the back door. Opening it, I saw several doors and staff members running around.

 

Locating a door that had the sign 'male dressing room', I twisted the door knob carefully and went in.

 

There were about three guys sitting inside, two of them had already performed on stage. I greeted them politely. "Hey, does any of you know where Ji Yong is?"

 

"Oh yeah I heard they couldn't find him or something," One of them replied. "He just told me that he was going out to our school's back garden for a walk."

 

"Awesome. Thanks for that piece of info." I thanked tham before turning and exiting the backstage.

 

It's around nine o'clock now and the night has already settled in. It's completely dark outside, and I can hear the distance hoot of an owl as my boots crunched on the dead autumn leaves.

 

Walking as swiftly as I could, I reached the back garden. 

 

Memories of prom night resurfaced as I glanced at the water fountain and the beautiful flowers around. The uneasy feeling in my stomach seemed to have tripled.

 

But sure enough, there was no sign of Ji Yong. I ran around the whole place, bending under benches and even calling his name.

 

Still nothing.

 

I was about to give up when my boots crunched on something rock hard.

 

I lifted my foot, fixating my vision on the black metallic item on the ground. I picked it up gently.

 

Ji Yong's phone. My chest tightens, he was here. 

 

I unlocked it hurriedly, going to the recently closed tabs. The most recent one, was a voicemail from a blocked number.

 

My suspicions rose as I hit the play button, pressing the device to my ear. There were a few crackling sounds, as if the signal was bad, but then a clear voice spoke.

 

A voice I knew anywhere.

 

"Why hello Ji Yong," A cold voice chuckled, instantly sending shudders down my back.

 

Park.

 

"It seems like your school garden is quite beautiful, especially in the evening. But guess what? Something else is even more beautiful." He paused for a while as a feminine shriek sounded from the background. "Your girlfriend, of course. My my, she looks even more gorgeous with that metal gun pressed against her temple." His cold laugh sounded through the device, making me cringe.

 

"You have five minutes. And if you still don't appear here, better say adios to her~" A female screamed in the background before the voicemail ended.

 

My mouth fell open as my body went slack, don't tell me...

 

Suddenly, a strong hand from behind covered my mouth. Another arm pulled me by the waist until I was behind a tall bush.

 

By reflex, I had stomped on the guy's foot, resulting in a very familiar 'ow'.

 

I whipped around, my fists in front of me just in case. But I almost drop dead when I saw who was in front of me.

 

"Ow Chaerin did you have to? I was just trying to keep you quiet!"

 

"Daniel?" I stared in disbelief. "What in the goddamn hell are you doing here?"

 

"To help you get Ji Yong's back here."

 

 

 

 

 

Anddd that's it for this chapter!^-^ hope you guys liked it~ If you did so do give this little fic a vote & comment & subscribe if you have not done so!

I thank you once again for your amazing patience. #owls

 

Behind the scenes: Literal representation of why author owl has not been updating.

 

Author: (is at a place titled 'school'.)

School: Hi there!

Author: Hello~^^ (book in hand titled: Fanfic)

School: Here, come over here and sit on this swing.

Author: (sits happily on the swing)

English: *appears* HI! Can I push you on the swing?

Author: Sure!

English: *starts to push gently*

Biology: *runs over* OH FUNN! CAN I PUSH TOO?

Author: Sure...I guess?

Chemistry: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING WITHOUT ME?

Author: *starts to swing vigorously on the swing* omg you guys can stop now

Math: hello. *pushes with the tiniest of forces*

Author: *flies off swing* *does somersault 24 times* *book flies off her hand*

Projects and holiday assignments: *stampedes over author*

Author: K.O

 

So yeah that's what happened. 

Anyway I hope you guys are having a lovely time unlike me :D 

Basically BIGBANG in a nutshell LOL.

I will promise to update really really soon. You guys deserve better T-T

LOTS OF LOVE AND BOILED COCONUTS <3

 

xoxo,

KK.

 

(p.s Is anyone here an ARMY? ASKDJNEFIFIJNOD I got swallowed by that fandom I'm sorry.)