Epilogue

One Stop Closer to Paris

"You're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece."

 


 [A/N: please note that the entire chapter will be written in the third perspective]

 

 

(One year later)

 

France

 

It was a quiet corridor. 

A policeman strolled along, the clicking of his boots were the only source of sound in this sad, sad building. 

He passes by cells after cells, each inmate glaring at him. If their stares were strong enough, it would have burnt holes at the back of his head.

The policeman halts and turns towards a particular prison cell. He glances at the sleeping man inside and cleared his throat, knocking the metal bars with the heavy back weapon he was carrying. 

"You have yet another letter, Gan Park Kim." The policeman spoke, knocking the metal bars of the cell again.

"I don't want it." The dishevelled man replied coldly, not raising his head to meet eye contact. 

"You still another 17 more years to serve here. Are you going to keep disrespecting me like that?" The policeman snickered. "Fine, suit yourself."

After throwing the letter inside the cell, the policeman his heels and walked away briskly, his heels clicking on the ground again.

The man named Park sighed frustratedly and knocked the back of his skull on the wall harshly. He wanted out. He wanted freedom. He didn't want to open the letter because he already knew who it will be from, one of his goons of course.

"Leader, why haven't you written back to us? Please reply to instruct us on how to get you out." It will always say. 

But he knew, deep down inside that now, it will be impossible to get away like before. The French police have had enough of his many escaping incidents and have now decided to lock him up in a highly secure prison. It won't work if he asked one of them to take the blame for him. It won't work.

Besides, if he were to get out now. He will have to serve a total of forty years  if he were to get caught again, a double sentence of what he is serving now. 

He knocked his head on the well behind again and felt blood seeping through his scalp. 

He screamed out of sheer frustration. But there was really nothing he could do. 

 


 

Korea

 

"Will you stop breathing so harshly?!"

Kwon Ji Yong glared at Daniel, who was currently helping him to apply some light make up. 

"Why?" Ji Yong replied, all trying to control his breathing.

"You're blowing foundation powder all over my face, so stop doing that for god sake. It's not really a big deal, so I really don't understand why you're so nervous." Daniel rolled his eyes. 

"Yeah right, like getting married is something you do every day." Ji Yong mirrored the other male's action.

"Wow look, the groom's sassy today."

"Shut up."

There was silence as Daniel concentrated on making the suited one look more handsome. No really, it was so quiet that it was making the both of them feel uncomfortable.

"Say, Ji Yong, how did you even survive in France during that 3 years where you couldn't get in contact with her? If I were you I'd probably have given up already." Daniel decided to ask, breaking the defending silence.

"I barely survived," Ji Yong chuckled. "I missed her like crazy and not being able to hear her voice nearly made me go insane."

Daniel looked at him in admiration. "Wow really? I'm surprised that you made it so far."

Ji Yong was silent as past memories starting reappearing in his mind. He remembered all the tough times he spent in France, working for his uncle and not being able to reach the one that he loved the most. It was torture. Pure, torture. 

"Yeah, really." Ji Yong chuckled yet again.

 

(Two years ago)

 

France 

 

"I haven't met you in...in..." The man before Ji Yong stuttered.

"Eleven years."

"Ah yes, that's right." The man took off his round glasses and polished it carefully with his handkerchief. "How is my wife?"

Ji Yong thought about the kind woman who had taken care of him back in Korea. "Aunt is doing great, Sarang too."

His uncle nodded, sipping the wine that he had ordered earlier. "Is there anything I can do for you at all, my nephew?"

Ji Yong scratched his neck. "Actually, there is. I was wondering if you could take me in to work with your company. I'm trying to avoid my past gang leader so-"

"What did you say? You're trying to hide from..." His uncle's voice trailed off as he place the champagne glass down carefully.

"Yes, him. Gan Park Kim. I came to France to keep my loved ones in Korea safe." Ji Yong explained while keeping his vision southwards. "He's only after me, so I would really appreciate it if uncle could give me a hand."

His uncle leaned forward suddenly, clasping Ji Yong's hands in his. "Of course my child," He stared at Ji Yong fondly, tearing up because he was seeing his favorite nephew again. "Of course I will."

Unexpectedly, Ji Yong's uncle, who also happens to be the CEO of a France company, had placed him in a rather high position. Ji Yong wasn't prepared for all the meetings and projects that he had under his belt. Sometimes, he would become stressed out and frustrated at the amount of work he had to do.

After hearing the news that Park has finally been caught, Ji Yong tried to ask for permission to return to Korea.

"Of course you can," His uncle would reply. "But let's finish this project first, shall we?"

But everytime a company project was completed, another one would pop up. It took months and months to complete a project as huge as what Ji Yong was doing, and thus, he couldn't return to Korea.

Ji Yong had no choice but to stay. But every single night, he would pray that Chaerin would forgive him one day when he returns to Korea.

She just had to wait a little bit more. 

 


 

(Present time)

 

Korea

 

Chaerin stared at herself in the mirror. No wait, was she actually even staring at herself?

She touched her soft brown locks which were put up in an elegant bun and blinked a few more times at the makeup put on professionally on her face.

It looked way too perfect to be her.

"I can't believe you're getting married!"

Chaerin smiled back warmly at the two of her former best friends back when they were in school. They too were beautiful, donning matching bridesmaid gowns. 

"That's about the thirteenth time you've said that Dara." Minzy chuckled, fixing the necklace around Chaerin's neck. 

"Chaerin, do you know what food will be served at the wedding dinner later?" Dara continued on excitedly. 

Chaerin's eyes twinkled at the enthusiasm of Dara. "I've actually pretty much forgotten...but I do remember that there will be roast chicken, lamb stew, lasagna, mushroom soup-"

"Oh my god! We're having a feast today!" Dara exclaimed as she danced around in celebration. 

"You still haven't told us why you're getting married so soon though," Minzy probed. "You are not...pregnant or anything right?"

"Oh my god Minzy no!" Chaerin found herself giggling at the ridiculousness of Minzy's question. "We wanted to get married simply because we wanted to."

"No specific reason?"

"Well," Chaerin thought for a moment. "Maybe we don't want to allow a chance to ever let each other go again."

 


 

Four hours later, the bride and the groom of the ceremony had finished getting ready. Both their hearts are palpitating wildly as the start of the ceremony inched closer and closer.

In just one hour, they will finally be each other's spouse, forever. Both smiled happily at the prospect of being with the other for a long, long time. 

Ji Yong was directed to the altar, where he shifted his weight from one foot and the other. There were a lot of things on his mind, like how will Chaerin look like later? Am I breathing too fast again? and how is everyone going to react later when we kiss, goddamit?!

However, his train of thoughts were stopped short when Daniel, the emcee of the ceremony, settled the audience down and the organist started playing a slow, and romantic French song that Ji Yong had long forgotten the name of.

Because all he see now, is Chaerin.

She stood under the spotlight like an angel. Clutching her father's arm, she took small, careful steps as she smiled shyly at everyone through the wedding veil.

The off-shoulder white gown seemed to be glowing under the bright light, defining her curves subtly. Everything about her to Ji Yong, was just so, so perfect. 

Ji Yong flashed a grin towards the best man, Seungri, before averting his eyes back to his fiancee. Or should he say, his soon-to-be bride.

Everything happened so fast because all of a sudden, Chaerin's gloved hand was wrapped around his strong arm. It's happening, this is actually happening. That was all Ji Yong could think about as they turned to face the priest. 

The priest then said very long lines of words, which Ji Yong would be paying attention to if he wasn't so nervous. 

"Kwon Ji Yong, do you take Lee Chaerin to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to death do you part?" 

Ji Yong swallowed, trying to calm his nerves before saying a loud and clear 'I do' which made the audience swoon.

"Lee Chaerin, do you take Kwon Ji Yong to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to death do you part?" 

Ji Yong held his breath as he turned towards the girl that he loved so, so much with his entire being. She returned the eye contact, smiling gently as she opened to reply. 

What if she said no? Ji Yong's mind ran wild.

"I do."

The crowd cheered and clapped. "I now pronounce you husband, and wife." The priest continued on with a smile as he turned the both of them to face each other. 

Chaerin and Ji Yong looked into each other's eyes. They couldn't grasp it just yet. Even after pledging their love to each other in front of the audience, it is still hard to believe that they are finally together. 

"You look beautiful, you know that?" Ji Yong whispered. 

"And you're gonna get sick of kissing me everyday, you know that?" Chaerin replied with a smirk. 

 

"You may now kiss the bride."

Ji Yong took a step forward, holding Chaerin's face in his hands so carefully that it was like she's a porcelain doll. 

"Never." He grinned before leaning in.

 


 

 

So...this is it TT the very last chapter of OSCTP; the epilogue. 

Maybe this wasn't the epilogue that some of you guys had in mind but, I wanted to leave the post marriage life open for you guys to imagine. :)

Once again, I thank you all very very much for staying with me until here. There will be dedications updated here next week ^-^

 

Reminder again that I will be posting an Interview section in the chapter after the epilogue. This section features questions that you guys have directed either to me, or the cast of One Stop Closer to Paris!

So feel free to ask questions to any character in the fanfiction, or to myself ^__^

 

Submit your questions here:   http://goo.gl/forms/DVPjeBcHt5QhcfVw2

 

*bows 90 degrees* for the last time, thank you all very much for supporting this fanfiction. It has been a huge pleasure writing this. <3

Lots of love and skydragon!